Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Schneider magic
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:52 pm 
NET Veteran

I see a few people dissapointed about not having a first rounder this year, after today's trade, and a few people that are saying the draft is going to be boring.

But I can't help but think Schneider is going to bust out some GM wizardry on our butt's and some how get a last second 1st rounder out of Matt Flynn somehow.

I just want this on the record, because as good as this front Office is, It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Post subject: Re: Schneider magic
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:53 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Yes...in essence we used our #1 pick to acquire a game breaking, young, dynamic WR. Why would anyone be upset about that?

The options at #25 were not that great, in all honesty.

I'd wait for the rest of the script to be written before we start crapping on it.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:57 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

bellingerga wrote:
I see a few people dissapointed about not having a first rounder this year, after today's trade, and a few people that are saying the draft is going to be boring.

But I can't help but think Schneider is going to bust out some GM wizardry on our butt's and some how get a last second 1st rounder out of Matt Flynn somehow.

I just want this on the record, because as good as this front Office is, It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

This wouldn't surprise me all that much honestly, it just depends on where the qb's fall in the draft. I don't think we'd get a first outright, but perhaps we could package him with our second to get back into the first round or something similar.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:58 pm 
NET Veteran

bellingerga wrote:

Getting a 2013 1st rounder for Flynn would shock me to the degree that I might suffer a stroke. Getting a 2014 1st for Flynn would be a little less shocking. Getting a 2015 1st for Flynn seems much more reasonable.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:59 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

Don't forget.

Percy is familiar with Bevell's system and his style and has experience playing with S Rice.

The learning curve here will be infinitely less than for any rookie. OR any veteran (Mike Wallace, etc) from another team.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:01 pm 
NET Veteran

On the field there is nothing bad about this deal. In essence Harvin is our 1st rounder.

All concern should be about the cap and what this means to the futures of all players on our WR corp, Leon Washington and Zach Miller.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm 
NET Veteran

volsunghawk wrote:
bellingerga wrote:

Getting a 2013 1st rounder for Flynn would shock me to the degree that I might suffer a stroke. Getting a 2014 1st for Flynn would be a little less shocking. Getting a 2015 1st for Flynn seems much more reasonable.

Desperate teams do silly things when the clock is ticking. I'm not going to hold my breath, but who knows with this front office...

ANyway, damn I can't wait to see Percy on the field in Hawks uniform~!!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm 
NET Veteran

Let's see, Percy Harvin, or the #25 pick in a weak draft class. Hmmmm, real tough choice there :sarcasm_off:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]