Smart or lucky?

pehawk

Reaction score
Yes, I'm attention whoring a tad here, but I'm feeling kind of proud of something in lieu of todays AWESOME trade.

During the offseason, in many posts, I voiced concerns over Wilson routinely buying time, only to find nothing open downfield. I've been wanting a Bush/Sproles/Tayvon type "waterbug" type player as Wilsons outlet. IMO, that was the best player type to compliment Wilsons play. Well, Percy Harvin is all those dudes, plus much, much, much more.

Was it dumb luck? Or, do I actually know football? Know enough that I've been posting about this for sometime and brought a few others on board.

Yeah, this is an arrogant post, so I apologize. The trades awesome in general. And, at least to me it feels awesome because at least in some respects my opinion has been validated.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":68ut6dez said:
Yes, I'm attention whoring a tad here, but I'm feeling kind of proud of something in lieu of todays AWESOME trade.

During the offseason, in many posts, I voiced concerns over Wilson routinely buying time, only to find nothing open downfield. I've been wanting a Bush/Sproles/Tayvon type "waterbug" type player as Wilsons outlet. IMO, that was the best player type to compliment Wilsons play. Well, Percy Harvin is all those dudes, plus much, much, much more.

Was it dumb luck? Or, do I actually know football? Know enough that I've been posting about this for sometime and brought a few others on board.

Yeah, this is an arrogant post, so I apologize. The trades awesome in general. And, at least to me it feels awesome because at least in some respects my opinion has been validated.

DUM LUK!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh Scott (e), I'll teach you someday.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hopefully we don't have a new thread started by everyone that stated that they wanted us to upgrade at WR.........

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3cltvv8p said:
Hopefully we don't have a new thread started by everyone that stated that they wanted us to upgrade at WR.........

Okay, thats fair and deserving. I'm just giddy, we got the best waterbug type maybe ever.

mikeak

Reaction score
pehawk":384ukq20 said:
mikeak":384ukq20 said:

Okay, thats fair and deserving. I'm just giddy, we got the best waterbug type maybe ever.

Glad you could take it for what it was and not get all bent out of shape about it :)

I simply couldn't resist.... :)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
6 years ago, we had the best pillbug in the game, now the best waterbug. Robbie Tobeck shit his pants, is he a stinkbug?

The Radish

Reaction score
Not dum luk Scott. Dim luk is closer.

pe is so full of it as usual. He's actually a pool player that knows little or nothing about football.

Sure has a good looking daughter tho.

:D

NYCoug

Reaction score
I hate waterbugs!

Good call though. I did a little bragging on facebook too. A year ago, when rumors started swirling around Harvin possibly not being happy in Minnesota (think it was around training camp), I posted that I thought he'd end up a Seahawk as Pete Carroll's prized "touchdown maker." I was off by a year but whatever.

I'm gonna go with smart here, just because everyone else is going to give you s*** and say dumb luck haha

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1gvir922 said:
6 years ago, we had the best pillbug in the game

Out of this redundant self promoting thread comes one of the best lines I have read on this board in a long time. Nice shot Mojo.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I thought you were over making these kinds of posts, Pe. Guess I was wrong. ;)

Yes, you were correct with your prognostication that every single other Seahawks fan already knew was a need; a serious threat at WR.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1n756v4g said:
I thought you were over making these kinds of posts, Pe. Guess I was wrong. ;)

Yes, you were correct with your prognostication that every single other Seahawks fan already knew was a need; a serious threat at WR.

:th2thumbs:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This just about evens up Pe's overdrawn credibility account for his Kelly Jennings love affair and his humping of Vince Young's leg.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Smart or Lucky? Christ, Pehawk, give yourself a little credit, you humble man. This was brilliance and you called it! I remember reading your original post on our needs for a waterbug, and I couldn't have agreed with it more. I will admit I was a little jealous that my cro magnon-sized brain couldn't have conceived it, but in my opinion, this is what seperates you from the usual riff-raff found on this site.

When the news broke this morning on Brock and Salk, I called my elderly father to give him the good news. "Dad," I exclaimed, "we got Percy Harvin!"

"That's great" he replied

"Just like Pehawk said, Daddy, just like Pehawk said!" I continued. "Well not specifically Harvin, but he is the ultimate waterbug!"

"What's a Pehawk?" the old man asked.

"He is Nostradamus-Louis CK-and Jeff Stryker all rolled into one and he posts his knowledge on Seahawks.NET," I explained.

"Oh, I read .NET, too," my dad explained. "I love that Jesterhawk. He keeps me laughing with all his side splitting humor."

"You are an idiot, you old man. And your wife has saggy knockers," and I hung up.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Bevell is a worthless coordinator without Favre to make him look good so this signing is for naught.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2vr1wkqz said:
Unfortunately, Bevell is a worthless coordinator without Favre to make him look good so this signing is for naught.

We get it, you are still upset about Gus Bradley. :roll: