Rumor: Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for 6th round pick

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
49ers trade for WR Boldin
Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:12 pm
  • @RavensInsider: Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a sixth-round pick
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for 6th round pick!

Via Ravens Insider on Twitter (yes, he's a credible source)

This is just hitting Twitter, so it should be blowing up from other sources as well soon...

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider
    thehands816
    NET Practice Squad

• Trading for older players is one way to keep up, I guess.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Boldin: 32 years old
    Harvin: 24 years old
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• good deal both way's doesn't affect us.
    Digsbone
    Alaskas Biggest Seahawks fan.
    Digsbone
    NET Rookie

• @PFCentral: 49ers were second place in Harvin sweepstakes so this trade makes sense

wow!
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• Time to get the Slot CB thing figured out.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Good pick up for them. I would have been happy with that move. Harvin has much higher updside though.
    CornerHawk
    NET Rookie

• Doesn't make sense. Why did the 49ers have to give up less to get Boldin, who has produced vastly more than Harvin, who is an unproven commodity?
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

• Now if they could teach Kaepernick to stop over targeting Crabtree...this might make them better.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:Doesn't make sense. Why did the 49ers have to give up less to get Boldin, who has produced vastly more than Harvin, who is an unproven commodity?

Get your things and just go on home.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• RiggoReincarnated wrote:Doesn't make sense. Why did the 49ers have to give up less to get Boldin, who has produced vastly more than Harvin, who is an unproven commodity?

Because Boldin said he was going to retire if Baltimore cut him. He is clearly considering retirement and Baltimore had made it known he might get cut.

You get 1 year out of Boldin you don't give up much. Maybe you get two but you are going to let go of Moss. You get 4-5 years out of Percy you give up more

With all that said this was better for us than Percy with 49ers. We can match up Sherman against Boldin and while he will have catches we will also have interceptions. We got KILLED across the middle last year and Percy on 49ers would have been BAD NEWS

I can live with this and if not.......well I have to live with this
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:Doesn't make sense. Why did the 49ers have to give up less to get Boldin, who has produced vastly more than Harvin, who is an unproven commodity?

Get your things and just go on home.

Seriously. It's like every post of his is an attempt to convince us he doesn't know jack about the NFL.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Anquan Boldin is a great player. Still has some left in his tank, just look at the superbowl victory.

Wow.. a steal for the 49ers! Crazy football day.. and free agency hasn't even started yet.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

9 years older, has higher career numbers - must be a better player!

Good pick up by SF, hard to relate it to the Harvin trade though. I always liked Boldin, sorry he's going to that team...
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• One thing i really like about Boldin, he's a great run blocker. I think he'll help more in the read option game then he will in the passing game.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Absolutely great pickup for the Niners

That trade was a great move by their FO
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Unproven commodity? Look at who the QB has been with Harvin, and look at his numbers in the games he has played. Boldin will be 33 in early October, Harvin turns 25 in May.

Sometimes I really wonder about you, Riggo...lol.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• i see sherman on crabtree and browner on boldin.. BB being the more physical this makes sense to me.... Boldins not going to run past anyone, but he runs good routes and fights for the ball... will be an interesting matchup for sure. who's their slot, manningham? either way they just got better.. good pick up for them.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Boldin doesn't work the middle as much anymore, uses his body a lot on the sidelines, Think Kenny Hamlin created a phoboia abput the middle of the field his rookie year :) He is a great down field blocker that will help Gore out. His match up agains our DB's is a win for us more often then not versus the 49ers trying to match up with Harvin.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I am soooooooo happy SF lost out on Percy Harvin, to us, hahahahahahahahahahahaha
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• SNDavidson wrote:I am soooooooo happy SF lost out on Percy Harvin, to us, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Harvin is better, however I'd easily pass on him for a first and the type of contract he's going to get. He's not worth anywhere close to Fitz or CJ money which is what's been rumored.
    heyu123
    NET Starter

• heyu123 wrote:Harvin is better, however I'd easily pass on him for a first and the type of contract he's going to get. He's not worth anywhere close to Fitz or CJ money which is what's been rumored.

A few words for you. Christian Ponder, and old-man Favre.

We'll see just what Harvin can do this year and the next. The dude is electric on the field.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Wow! The Hawks vs Niners is even a war in free agency and headline grabbing!

Boldin for a sixth is an awesome pick up. Niners have so many picks it means even less. Boldin is a warrior and fits a huge need for them.

If he produces, I am sure the 49ers will be willing to pay him (what a 35year old receiver is worth.) If he doesn't, no sweat off their balls.

Not worried, we have Browner to man-handle him or Sherm to talk crap to him all game.

This rivalry just gets better and better. Go Hawks!
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    heyu123 wrote:Harvin is better, however I'd easily pass on him for a first and the type of contract he's going to get. He's not worth anywhere close to Fitz or CJ money which is what's been rumored.

We'll see just what Harvin can do this year and the next. The dude is electric on the field.

I know Harvin is better and an electric player, he makes Seattle a lot more dangerous. I don't know if I'd call it a great deal though until we see what type of extension Seattle gives him.

That's a lot to give up draft pick wise and money wise for a wide receiver
    heyu123
    NET Starter

• It's definitely an expensive price tag in terms of picks. No doubt about it.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• SNDavidson wrote:I am soooooooo happy SF lost out on Percy Harvin, to us, hahahahahahahahahahahaha

^^^ 12 ha's, didn't even mean to, its a sign, win forever, tanzania, don't text and drive.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• Not so expensive considering he will play vs a maybe in the draft if we went WR also. Salary wise John knows how to make things work and I don't think he breaks the bank money wise by setting up a freindly way to pay out stuff. Harvin may be much more reasonable with structure having a team he can actually make a run with that is all about the right attitude and with Bevell and Rice here it's like a second home coming. I could see him sticking it to the Vikings if unhappy, he has a chance here to make real good money and be happy. Doesn't have to be monster money.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I think the 49ers got a better value obviously but the Seahawks definitely got the better player.

Considering our positional strength I think we match up a lot better with Boldin then the 49ers matchup with Harvin.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    heyu123 wrote:Harvin is better, however I'd easily pass on him for a first and the type of contract he's going to get. He's not worth anywhere close to Fitz or CJ money which is what's been rumored.

old-man Favre having the best season of his career. 33 TDs, 7 INTs, 4202 yards, 68.4 completion %.

The best part of the Harvin trade for Seattle is the impact he will make on special teams. As a return man, Harvin IS elite. As a WR, not so much. But the total package is solid.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter

• WestcoastSteve wrote:I think the 49ers got a better value obviously but the Seahawks definitely got the better player.

Considering our positional strength I think we match up a lot better with Boldin then the 49ers matchup with Harvin.

This. We got a little better. 'Hawks got a ton better. Boldin doesn't bring anything to the table that we didn't already have. He and Crabs are essential the same player. We needed more of a deep threat to compliment Crabs, now that Moss wont be back and MM wont be ready to start the regular season. Harvin is easily one of the most dangerous offensive players in the league. Seattle needed playmakers, and they got the best one. Easily better than anyone you could have drafted this year. They gave up a little too much but Harvin>Boldin. Plus they have the cap space to give him a long term deal. He wont get Megatron money but he'll get paid. Only real drawback is his attitude but I don't think that locker room will tolerate what Frazier did. And Boldin isn't worth 6 mil...that's my main problem with this trade.
    Last edited by 757Niner on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    757Niner
    NET Rookie

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:old-man Favre having the best season of his career. 33 TDs, 7 INTs, 4202 yards, 68.4 completion %.

The best part of the Harvin trade for Seattle is the impact he will make on special teams. As a return man, Harvin IS elite. As a WR, not so much. But the total package is solid.

Favre got most of that done with Sidney Rice, and that was also Harvin's rookie year. He wasn't even a listed starter for the first half of it. Also, Favre was horrible his second year with the Vikings, if you'll recall. He retired for real after that one.

Harvin's definitely an elite returner, but I think he just may be an elite WR if he's got a great QB throwing to him. We will have to see; he's definitely a very good WR when healthy. I said MAY BE elite, so don't get on my nuts. I am not calling him one of the few elite WRs in the league as of right now, but the evidence is there that he might be. The dude has quite a few electric highlights already, and if he's got the ball, he's a threat to run the field.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Good deal for the 49ers. Heck of a player.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• 757Niner wrote:
    WestcoastSteve wrote:I think the 49ers got a better value obviously but the Seahawks definitely got the better player.

This. We got a little better. 'Hawks got a ton better. Boldin doesn't bring anything to the table that we didn't already have. He and Crabs are essential the same player. We needed more of a deep threat to compliment Crabs, now that Moss wont be back and MM wont be ready to start the regular season. Harvin is easily one of the most dangerous offensive players in the league. Seattle needed playmakers, and they got the best one. Easily better than anyone you could have drafted this year. They gave up a little too much but Harvin>Boldin. Plus they have the cap space to give him a long term deal. He wont get Megatron money but he'll get paid. Only real drawback is his attitude but I don't think that locker room will tolerate what Frazier did. And Boldin isn't worth 6 mil...that's my main problem with this trade.

The part in bold is truth and I mentioned this in another thread. I do not get the Boldin trade. It is great value, but seems very knee-jerk to the Harvin trade.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.

Yes. I am not happy so much. I am too seriously! .. Kap is not a great leader period!! Hurt my heart and s**t my painfully. ..
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• it obviously helps both teams....i don't think we've caught niners tho...not yet...waiting to see what niners gonna do defensively..(revis?) and if hawks get someone to put heat on the qb
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• Boldin had a sensational playoffs, but what did he do during the regular season?

He's an ageing, four touchdown a season type guy. He's adept at competing for the ball in the air because he struggles for separation. Kaep throws sweet fast balls, but they're flat direct passes. Flacco was putting a ton of air on those passes to Boldin, letting him go up to make a play. And last time Boldin faced Seattle, he had a nightmare against our secondary (couple of catches for about 20 yards). You can't beat our guys throwing jump balls.

Kapernick needs deep threats and creative receivers. If I were the Niners, I'd look into a move up for Cordarrelle Patterson. They need somebody like that. They have a big, (mostly) reliable target in Crabtree. Boldin is basically an older slower version with zero YAC quality. I can't help but feel like this move is a token gesture. Looks good on paper after a smart post-season. In reality, he's probably going to have a handful of good games in 2013. Just like the last few years of his career.

If the Niners fans want to feel good about this after our trade for Harvin, feel free. You have the upper hand in the draft with all your picks. Better make use of them guys.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information