Austin Sefarian Jenkins gets a DUI

kearly

Reaction score
He always reminded me of Jerramy Stevens minus the off the field problems and with fewer drops. Say it ain't so ASJ!

I can't accuse you of being a Duck's homer for propping up Colt Lyerla, since he's currently considered the #2 TE nationally next year after ASJ. But I want to. I'm not a huge fan of Colt Lyerla personally. There is a bit of "mini-Gronk" to his game, but I swear 90% of his catches were uncontested and wide open thanks to Oregon's style of offense. Didn't get to see how he'd handle tight coverage. He looked like an athlete playing TE to me, didn't seem natural for some reason. Good athlete though.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
Nothing to worry about. He'll get a slap on the wrist and be on his merry way.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":2zfmj2ly said:
Nothing to worry about. He'll get a slap on the wrist and be on his merry way.

Yep, it's not like he ran into an old folks home or something.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":qlstrybz said:
He always reminded me of Jerramy Stevens minus the off the field problems and with fewer drops. Say it ain't so ASJ!

I can't accuse you of being a Duck's homer for propping up Colt Lyerla, since he's currently considered the #2 TE nationally next year after ASJ. But I want to. I'm not a huge fan of Colt Lyerla personally. There is a bit of "mini-Gronk" to his game, but I swear 90% of his catches were uncontested and wide open thanks to Oregon's style of offense. Didn't get to see how he'd handle tight coverage. He looked like an athlete playing TE to me, didn't seem natural for some reason. Good athlete though.

I think they're both going to be All Pro/Hall of Fame level NFL players. I think ASJ will be a lot like Tony Gonzales and Colt will be a much faster version of Gronk. Strange that he doesnt look natural because to me he looks like one of the most natural athletes i've ever seen, no matter what he's doing. He looks like somebody who was born to play football, and nothing else. He'll be the best run after the catch tight end in the NFL, imo. I'd actually love to draft both of them. The two of them on the field together would be filthy and a nightmare matchup.

Colts the Duck that I would be most jacked to have on the Seahawks since Haloti Ngata. More then Jonathon Stewart or LaMichael James, more then DAT or Mariota, more then Dion Jordan or Kiko Alonso (teh latter of which i REALLY want this year).

[youtube]xgqbrR8FOYI[/youtube]

Plus, he can do this!

[youtube]gk0CxGPdxvo[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
I didn't say he wasn't a natural athlete, I said he didn't strike me as a natural TE. If you read again you'll see I complimented his athleticism.

I think Chip might agree with me, given that Lyerla took a lot of snaps at running back. When Chip isn't sure where to play you, he plays you all over the place.

No Jairus Byrd or Max Unger, huh? I thought LaMichael James would be pretty good (sub-elite). Not amazing but a pretty good NFL player. I'm glad that so far at least, SF has proven me wrong.

kearly

Reaction score
Outside of Unger, Byrd, and Ngata, I think the next best Duck in the NFL is Walter Thurmond. I'm just waiting for him to play long enough for everyone else to see it too.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":2ini5lcf said:
I didn't say he wasn't a natural athlete, I said he didn't strike me as a natural TE. If you read again you'll see I complimented his athleticism.

I think Chip might agree with me, given that Lyerla took a lot of snaps at running back. When Chip isn't sure where to play you, he plays you all over the place.

No Jairus Byrd or Max Unger, huh?

He got snaps at RB because we did not have a power back or a fullback on the roster. And because Chip wanted to have a package for Brian Bennett to get on the field. So he used Bennett and Colt as the jumbo backfield. I dont believe Colt ever took a hand off from Mariota as part of our normal offense. It was just a gimmick.

Obviously there's no way of knowing this but I think if Colt were in WAshington's offense he'd put up every bit as good of numbers as ASJ. Tight end was pretty much an after thought in Chips offense. Though I have a feeling that might be one of the small changes that Helfrich makes. I would love to see Colt catch a couple of tight end screens every week.

I dont think any Duck fans expected Byrd or Unger to turn into what they've become. I know I certainly wasnt begging to draft either of them.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":btmr5te1 said:
Outside of Unger, Byrd, and Ngata, I think the next best Duck in the NFL is Walter Thurmond. I'm just waiting for him to play long enough for everyone else to see it too.

Agree'd. Which frustrates the hell out of me that he cant stay healthy. Patrick Chung and TJ Ward are pretty good as well. And I still think Lamichael will be special when he gets his opportunity and if the system fits him.

Dion Jordan will be the Ducks first 1st round pick in something like 5 years. Which is pretty extraordinary considering how many games they've won in that time.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tj ward is great, but he's stuck on the Browns. Also all the new rules are hurting his game, he's an old school type hitter stuck in Goddells NFL.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Back on topic... Are there any other instances that Sark has dealt with that might hint to the punishment that ASJ gets? I'm thinking maybe a 1 game suspension if he's found guilty? Bad timing with Boise State opening game rather then some cream puff. Really want UW to win that game.

drrew

Reaction score
Johri Fogerson was suspended after being pulled over while smoking weed, and then trying to run from the cops.

Despite the suspension, he was allowed to go through Spring practice...subsequently, he transferred to Central, broke the jaw of a 15 year old at O'Dea, and his brother, former UW player Zach Fogerson was arrested for an armed robbery on campus. Great family.

Back to the question at hand, Sark is certainly not known as a disciplinarian, and I'd imagine that if ASJ hasn't had any other issues that have escaped public knowledge, and if he keeps his nose clean, he won't miss a game.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Character concerns! Ahh! How far will he fall?! :sarcasm_off:

top 15 pick.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
kearly":3dmxngvc said:
If Thurmond played all of next season, as well as the other entire LOB, that would have to be one of the best secondaries in NFL History (yes I am a homer)

Now back to ASJ. I was disappointed when I read this. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders but this is disappointed. Drinking and driving is a terrible thing to do. Thankfully no one got hurt and hopefully he has learned a very important lesson

chris98251

Reaction score
If he is just being a dumb kid and got caught I think they do there internal thing and he may have to sit a game or make some internal restitution, attend some sessions etc. The thing they need to look out for is whomever is doing his representation (we know he can't have an agent yet) lawyer wise doesn't give him that illegal loan to take care of the fine and other stuff.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
drrew":2jgfrcvr said:
Johri Fogerson was suspended after being pulled over while smoking weed, and then trying to run from the cops.

Despite the suspension, he was allowed to go through Spring practice...subsequently, he transferred to Central, broke the jaw of a 15 year old at O'Dea, and his brother, former UW player Zach Fogerson was arrested for an armed robbery on campus. Great family.

Back to the question at hand, Sark is certainly not known as a disciplinarian, and I'd imagine that if ASJ hasn't had any other issues that have escaped public knowledge, and if he keeps his nose clean, he won't miss a game.

The boys mother is a Seattle Police Officer, so not sure how it all went wrong for them. Feel bad for the mother with both her sons being dip sticks.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like some more issues may arise from all this for UW.