Leon Washington Stage Left?

Biggiec76

Reaction score
With the acquisition of Harvin you have to ask yourself why not cut Washington and his salary and have Harvin take his role?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Yep - he is as good as gone.
Maybe we can trade him for a 7th rounder?

redhawk253

Reaction score
hes gone.. sad.. hes one of my top 3 favorite hawks... with his contract.. nope no trade market for him. i dont think this necessarily means we are going to let harvin take on the return role.. if we're payin him the money i think we will be he's not returning kicks/punts... we will let one of the rookie's from the upcoming crop or somebody on the team take over.. just cant keep leon with his contract if were putting a ton of money into harvin.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It is sad but I think he is gone also. He needs to at least to see what he can find. I assume they leave the door open like they did with Tru

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing.

I like Leon.. but I don't know if he has a spot with Harvin here, as he is excellent at returning kicks.

mikeak

Reaction score
With Percy's history I simply don't see us using him as a return man

Doesn't mean Leon is gone / staying just don't see Percy factoring into that except for the money being spent

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
WHY? Do you really want to let a 10 million/year receiver returning kicks. Why not keep Leon? 2 million is not that big of a hit.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No way.

Leon helps bigtime with field position.

Besides, why would we want to take a weapon we traded for that we need to stretch the field, and throw him into kick returns to assure he gets hurt and does not produce for us? Especially considering the guy has a history of injuries.

No thank you. We need him on passing downs.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1uf0arhk said:
With Percy's history I simply don't see us using him as a return man

Doesn't mean Leon is gone / staying just don't see Percy factoring into that except for the money being spent

With as much money he is about to receive and with his injury history I don't see us giving Leon the boot.

The Radish

Reaction score
I hate to answer a question with a question as it drives me crazy when my wife does that to me.

Ask yourself this question.

Who on our team is tied for the NFL record on kick off/punt returns for touchdowns??

Now ask yourself this.

Why would anyone consider letting that guy go when he can also play a couple of other positions?

Can you now answer your own question?

:141847_bnono:

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't know much about what Leon is owed this year, but it makes sense to keep him around. Harvin is currently the best return man in the game, but Minnesota didn't use him exclusively. They just put him back there when they needed a big return. I would optimally like to do the same thing here.

chris98251

Reaction score
You could put both back there in big games and the kickoff team would have to not cheat on lanes, also could do a couple misdirections etc by lining them both up center and they split as the whistle blows to their sides creating some assignment conflicts on the kick off team.

I would not use him as an exclusive return guy though.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Tical21":120ft1dg said:
I don't know much about what Leon is owed this year, but it makes sense to keep him around. Harvin is currently the best return man in the game, but Minnesota didn't use him exclusively. They just put him back there when they needed a big return. I would optimally like to do the same thing here.

3/1/2011: Signed a four-year, $12.5 million contract. The deal contains $3.5 million guaranteed, including a $1.5 million signing bonus and Washington's first-year base salary. Another $3.5 million is available through incentives. 2013: $1.5 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2014: $2.5 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2015: Free Agent

Lady Talon

Reaction score
If the running game is reduced to the point the Lynch gets about 280 carries instead of the 315 he did last year, I have little problem keeping Washington. I cant see us rushing 55% of the time this next year, probably pretty close to 50/50.

Still, if Lynch misses games, I think we'll be in trouble with Washington on the RB depth chart. Perhaps they plan on using Harvin on the ground as well.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3cbyoini said:
Tical21":3cbyoini said:

3/1/2011: Signed a four-year, $12.5 million contract. The deal contains $3.5 million guaranteed, including a $1.5 million signing bonus and Washington's first-year base salary. Another $3.5 million is available through incentives. 2013: $1.5 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2014: $2.5 million (+ $1 million roster bonus), 2015: Free Agent

This makes me believe he is gone following the 2013 season.

GCrow

Reaction score
The Radish":1iip0rjz said:
I hate to answer a question with a question as it drives me crazy when my wife does that to me.

Ask yourself this question.

Who on our team is tied for the NFL record on kick off/punt returns for touchdowns??

Now ask yourself this.

Why would anyone consider letting that guy go when he can also play a couple of other positions?

Can you now answer your own question?

:141847_bnono:
[youtube]CBC2tvLqmA0[/youtube]
Well this is awkward.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
If he doesn't take a pay cut he will be cut or traded b/c we need the cap space next year to resign guys. You have to think your going to see guys like Lynch, Bryant, Rice, Miller, and Mebane all asked to take pay cuts or restructors so that we can keep guys like Sherman, Earl Thomas, Bam Bam Cam and possibly Browner still on our team.

hawker84

Reaction score
we need a 3rd running back, and i agree with other posts, why risk injury to your new shiny toy, when you have one of the greatest return guys in history on the team, who can still get it done.. is he making that much money?