Sherm and Baldwin Harbaugh Hate

SE174

Reaction score
Fellow 12's, I need some help. I need some quotes (video or article) from both Sherm and Baldwin that state or hint at their contempt for Harbaugh. I have a couple in mind but more would certainly help.

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
Pstark3":3dyw88od said:
"i'm better than harbaugh at life" - Sherman

:lol:

Seriously though. Right now I have this hawkblogger article on Sherm where he says: "When he first came in, he was great," Sherman said. "He's such a [hardass] when you're not on his good side, but it's great when you are." ...along with two videos... Sherm after the 42-13 beatdown of SF: "Happy Birthday Coach Harbaugh, hope you enjoyed it." and Doug Baldwin getting asked on Fresh Files "What's your history with Jim Harbaugh?" to which Baldwin just brushes it off and moves onto the next question.

drdiags

Reaction score
I have never seen a direct quote why from Baldwin. I always assumed it was due to rumors that Harbaugh didn't give Doug a good reference to Pro Scouts when Doug was coming out. Thought he blamed Jim for him not being drafted in some aspect.

For Sherman, there was something Hawkblogger referenced at one time regarding Richard's interaction with Jim once Harbaugh took over the program. Sherman went from one of the school's top WRs to injured and having to work himself back up the depth chart, which he didn't appreciate. He was said to have opted to switch sides just to get away from Harbaugh's input on offense.

All of this is innuendo since neither player has provided a detail accounting that I have seen online. Maybe you will find something detailing the issues. Best of luck and please share if you do.

OP
OP
SE174

SE174

Reaction score
drdiags":1qiclc2q said:
I have never seen a direct quote why from Baldwin. I always assumed it was due to rumors that Harbaugh didn't give Doug a good reference to Pro Scouts when Doug was coming out. Thought he blamed Jim for him not being drafted in some aspect.

For Sherman, there was something Hawkblogger referenced at one time regarding Richard's interaction with Jim once Harbaugh took over the program. Sherman went from one of the school's top WRs to injured and having to work himself back up the depth chart, which he didn't appreciate. He was said to have opted to switch sides just to get away from Harbaugh's input on offense.

All of this is innuendo since neither player has provided a detail accounting that I have seen online. Maybe you will find something detailing the issues. Best of luck and please share if you do.
Yeah, that's the Sherm article I was referencing:
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/06/seah ... ubted.html

I also found a similar one from Hawkblogger on Baldwin:
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/01/grea ... -doug.html

Both were demoted and passed over by Harbaugh. Also, considering that Sherman was Baldwin's big brother on the team, I'm sure Sherm spoke his mind about getting placed on the bottom of the depth chart just because he got surgery.

I also have these clips, but still, nothing concrete like them saying "I hate Jim Harbaugh" or anything.
[youtube]NVoXDqvsEsQ[/youtube]

1:30 onward
[youtube]OHIr7h6hXhc[/youtube]

Escamillo

Reaction score
In a radio interview (not local) towards the end of last season, Sherman was asked to compare Harbaugh with Carroll, since Sherman was involved with both coaches' successful efforts at turning around floundering programs. Sherman said that both Harbaugh and Carroll were great at hiring excellent staffs, but as far as just the head coach position goes, he preferred Carroll. That's all he said on that occasion; it was a pretty mild statement.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Baldwins comment was more along the line of his success his rookie season, after which someone asked Harbaugh why they didn't draft or sign him as a free agent. Harbaugh said they were looking at him. Baldwin said something to the effect that they may have been looking but Pete was signing and that he had no idea that Harbaugh was interested.

Escamillo

Reaction score
It's worth noting that Sherman and Baldwin were Walt Harris recruits, so they weren't necessarily "Harbaugh's guys" to begin with. And they both did spend time in Harbaugh's doghouse, though both flourished in their final season (Stanford's Orange Bowl season). I'm not sure how far the "hatred" really goes; I think both Sherman and Baldwin exchanged friendly words with Harbaugh before their first game vs SF. I think the "hate" thing might be overplayed a bit, but that's just speculation on my part.

justafan

Reaction score
Every coach has a doghouse and it can be easier getting in than out.I don't think its any big deal.I think Petes doghouse is down the road because they don't seem to be around here long if they don't buy in.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Didn't Sherman and Harbaugh lobby Pete Carroll to go for two after the last TD in the Hawks-Niners game last year?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":28x232yj said:
Didn't Sherman and Harbaugh lobby Pete Carroll to go for two after the last TD in the Hawks-Niners game last year?
Yeah they did

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I still remember one of the sound FX clips after Sherm got a pick off of Kaep. Sherm yelled out "hold that Harbaugh!" ...and said it with some stank in his voice.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":16o8wj1z said:

I doubt that Harbaugh wanted that.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
It would make sense if Sherman and Baldwin were requesting that. I think the poster meant that and not Harbaugh. Seems like a brain fart there. lol.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I think it is very simple. They are educated fellows from Stanford. You don't have to be a STanford graduate to realize John is a douche.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":xtm9ofel said:
It would make sense if Sherman and Baldwin were requesting that. I think the poster meant that and not Harbaugh. Seems like a brain fart there. lol.
I'm pretty sure it was Sherm and ET.