Star Wars

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Star Wars
Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I do love the new ROTJ ending theme. Star Wars would not have been what it is without John Williams.

The new ending is more epic, the original is more campy. I prefer the new one actually, but to each their own.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Oh of course! Thank you man. I used to play that game a lot back in the day.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:03 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Jango's dead. Sam Jackson chopped his head right the eff off his shoulders.

What's this got to do with Boba? Besides the fact that it shaped Boba's entire life and made him what he was, basically.

ATTENTION FANBOYS, THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT DISPARAGES THE NAME OF BOBA FETT, AND STAR WARS IN GENERAL

Boba Fett is the most overrated character in the entire episodes 4-6 trilogy. He appears on maybe two dozen frames of film, has a whopping four lines of dialogue in the entire trilogy, and he gets his ass handed to him by a blind man. The most feared bounty hunter in the entirety of the Star Wars canon gets owned by a frigging blind man. Why this character has a dearth of idiotic fanboys dedicated to worshipping him, I will never know.

Enough on that jackass.

Star Wars sucks. The entire legacy was sullied by George Lucas' zeal to produce the most profitable, marketable films in history. The introduction of Jar Jar as a goon, suitable for occasional comic relief and appealing to the lucrative market of toddlers and kindergarteners, pretty much assured episode 1-3's utter suckitude. Any future movie featuring this character as anything other than perhaps a lightsaber test dummy would be similarly disastrous.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:34 pm
  • @Smokin': Yes, Fett's overrated. That's obvious. However, you can't let George Lucas's abortions (Episodes 1-3) ruin it because he would have ruined the original trilogy had he been able to. So, you like the original trilogy because bright people interfered with it and made it great, yes? Then why are you letting Lucas ruin other Star Wars stuff like the expanded universe? Forget Lucas's garbage. Just pretend he has never been involved with it, and you'll enjoy all the other stuff a lot more...

Unless, of course, you're the kind of guy that will send back a steak dinner because he asked for no salt on the potatoes on the side, and they came salted. Then, by all means, let one aspect ruin all for you.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:37 pm
  • Don't worry Smokin. I hear the big villian for Ep. 7 is going to be an Ewok Sith Lord named Darth Scruffy.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:47 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Jango's dead. Sam Jackson chopped his head right the eff off his shoulders.

What's this got to do with Boba? Besides the fact that it shaped Boba's entire life and made him what he was, basically.

ATTENTION FANBOYS, THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT DISPARAGES THE NAME OF BOBA FETT, AND STAR WARS IN GENERAL

Boba Fett is the most overrated character in the entire episodes 4-6 trilogy. He appears on maybe two dozen frames of film, has a whopping four lines of dialogue in the entire trilogy, and he gets his ass handed to him by a blind man. The most feared bounty hunter in the entirety of the Star Wars canon gets owned by a frigging blind man. Why this character has a dearth of idiotic fanboys dedicated to worshipping him, I will never know.

Enough on that jackass.

Star Wars sucks. The entire legacy was sullied by George Lucas' zeal to produce the most profitable, marketable films in history. The introduction of Jar Jar as a goon, suitable for occasional comic relief and appealing to the lucrative market of toddlers and kindergarteners, pretty much assured episode 1-3's utter suckitude. Any future movie featuring this character as anything other than perhaps a lightsaber test dummy would be similarly disastrous.

Because he looks cool and wears fresh kicks.

I know a dude with a Fett tattoo :34853_doh:
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:16 pm
  • @smokin. You forgot that he dies by falling into a big hole with teeth. Ewoks died more honorable deaths.

But he busts some wicked rhymes...

My backpack's; got jets!
    I'm Boba. The Fett!

WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:21 pm
  • Lol, Fett's Vette; I haven't seen that in so long. The song played to a bounty hunter in Star Wars Galaxies is better, though.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:53 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Lol, Fett's Vette; I haven't seen that in so long. The song played to a bounty hunter in Star Wars Galaxies is better, though.

Yep, it's pretty hi-larious. It's a damn shame the Fett had to die in something resembling a Gelgameck's vagina....
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Previous

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information