Danario Alexander receives lowest RFA tender

QuahHawk

Reaction score
3 year 18 mil deal where we could cut him after year 2 without a big cap hit, guarantee 10mil and I think we'd get him easily. SD won't match that. The cap hit this year could be 4-5mil. He would be a big time aquision for us at a reasonable rate (less than Hartline) plus we are not so reliant upon him that an injury would not be a big hit. It's truly a low risk high reward type move that Pete and John love. I doubt we'd be afraid to pay the money but would he want to come here?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
If the hawks brought in TO and edwards why not this dude more youth and upside plus it would be a nice insurance policy

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":fcav17js said:
If the hawks brought in TO and edwards why not this dude

Well... possibly for the same reason San Diego doesn't just want to pay him a nominal amount to play on a second round tender. The Chargers essentially turned down the chance to have a very cheap receiver on their roster... guaranteed. Instead they're letting him go and find out his market a year before they have to. He's an unrestricted free agent next year. There was no reason to offer the original round tender to a former UDFA. So either they just made one of the weirdest and dumbest mistakes in recent NFL history, or his knee's are a mess.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
not sure what I would do here. I'm still on board with us NOT signing anyone b/c of next year's big name players who will be looking to get paid. ehh.....I mean Im not expert so if JS and PC know what they are doing then yeah bring him in. RW DOES need weapons. I know we keep hearing they are upgrading the pass rush but we all know about the smoke screens JS and PC love to put up. We might be going after a WR in the 1st round or possibly the 2nd. I guess we will see what happens.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
the low tender may have been a means to get a compensatory pick, knowing nobody would sign him if it were a 1st/2nd round tender

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1mhkz14v said:
ludakrishna":1mhkz14v said:
No thanks. Sounds like DJ Hackett PT 2.
Huh?? :?:

DJ Hackett...from the Holmgren days. An enigma who always had a high ankle sprain. Danario seems like another player in his mold. An enigma who is always injured. What good is a player if he's never healthy to play?

kearly

Reaction score
Would rather throw a little money at Alexander than a 1st on Justin Hunter. Just sayin'.

kearly

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3n7ngrni said:
Lynch Mob":3n7ngrni said:
If the hawks brought in TO and edwards why not this dude

Well... possibly for the same reason San Diego doesn't just want to pay him a nominal amount to play on a second round tender. The Chargers essentially turned down the chance to have a very cheap receiver on their roster... guaranteed. Instead they're letting him go and find out his market a year before they have to. He's an unrestricted free agent next year. There was no reason to offer the original round tender to a former UDFA. So either they just made one of the weirdest and dumbest mistakes in recent NFL history, or his knee's are a mess.

I think it's a mistake no matter how you look at it. He played half a season last year- and in that half season he probably accrued, I would estimate, five or six million dollars in contribution. A second round tender costs $1.927 million. If they don't think his upside and even part time contribution is worth $2 million, they are mistaken. And who knows, maybe he just broke out last season. Maybe he's going to be a star. San Diego is hardly loaded at WR.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Even if he's DJ Hackett, it's mildly stupid IMO.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":gkvht26s said:
If the hawks brought in TO and edwards why not this dude more youth and upside plus it would be a nice insurance policy

Because it would take a lot more guaranteed money. If we offer him a peanuts contract, why would San Diego not match it?