Danario Alexander receives lowest RFA tender

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Alexander would be a solid pickup, Obomanu is costing us 2.3 mil so I'd eve go up to $4mil per year on a few years to get him, but make it so we could easily cut him as well. He would be a great backup if Rice got injured and allow us to go in any direction when drafting a WR this year.

penihawk

Reaction score
I would take him in a heartbeat but how much are you willing to pay him? Maybe they are just gonna let the market set his price and match the offer no matter what?

TheWebHead

Reaction score
When Danario signed with the Rams in 2010, he visited with the Seahawks and he fits the big receiver mold Pete likes. Knee issues but that didn't stop them from bringing in Winslow last year, and keeping him had he swallowed his pride on the salary

NYCoug

Reaction score
That's huge. All reports out of San Diego were that the Chargers were ready to give him a 1st round tender. This just changes everything. He's got awful knees but whenever he's in there he's a beast. You'd have to know that he'll miss time throughout his stint going in but I still think he'd be worth it.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Pretty surprising. Really makes you wonder about the shape of the knees.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
He only played nine games last year because of injury BUT.... he had better than 60 yards in seven games, had seven touchdowns and an average of better than 17 yards per catch. I'm not sure what DVOA means but apparently he ranked #1 amongst all wide receivers in the league last year.

If he can pass a physical he may become the best value on the market based on the type of receiver the Hawks need. Well be really interested to see if Pete and John bring him in for a look.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy. They can still match the tender though, can't they?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This player was the 16th best WR in the league last season as per footballoutsiders.com. I think SD has made a mistake here by not going with a higher RFA tender. It'd not surprise me to see that more than few teams are not all over this situation he's good player with elite size who is now healthy. I hope the FO has a hard look at Alexander as he'd match the need for a big, long armed, fast WR.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Dang, he's got some pretty impressive highlights. Big, fast, great hands... Having him, Rice, Tate and Baldwin would be quite the receiving corps.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
You all might be onto something here. I liked Alexander as a prospect in college. I guess they can check him out medically before signing him. But, they'd better hurry if he's all that is said. This is a WR who seems to me to be a classic example of adequate game speed even though he didn't clock well (or, was that due to injuries?)

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
San Diego aren't in the business of gifting the league good receivers. If they've tagged him that low, it suggests the knees are a serious problem.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Couldn't it just be that they don't really know what his value is?

I mean, this tender just basically makes it so some other team can do the leg work of negotiating a deal, revealing the guy's market value, and SD can decide whether or not to go from there.

I'm not reading too much into what this says.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1h2c5wu0 said:
San Diego aren't in the business of gifting the league good receivers. If they've tagged him that low, it suggests the knees are a serious problem.
That was the old management. I had the same thought, though.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":3ocny5hg said:

I mean, this tender just basically makes it so some other team can do the leg work of negotiating a deal, revealing the guy's market value, and SD can decide whether or not to go from there.

Perhaps, but by offering a second round tender they're basically in the same situation with some insurance if he moves on. Given how cheap the tender is, it seems like a strange decision to almost force a market upon Alexander rather than just wait until next year when he isn't a RFA.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":130nsrkg said:
pinksheets":130nsrkg said:

Perhaps, but by offering a second round tender they're basically in the same situation with some insurance if he moves on. Given how cheap the tender is, it seems like a strange decision to almost force a market upon Alexander rather than just wait until next year when he isn't a RFA.
It is a strange decision. Mike McCoy once worked for Josh McDaniels who was the OC for Alexander in STL, so maybe that input was part of the decision. I imagine McDaniels telling him not to rely on Alexander would carry some weight.

kearly

Reaction score
Tom Telesco just made a rookie mistake. I hope the Seahawks make him pay for it. Sure, Alexander may not be a great bet to play in 16 games, but Seattle needs a depth player with size and speed who provides excellent per target contribution. Alexander does all of that. And Seattle wouldn't be crushed by an Alexander injury, either. The way that Russell Wilson spreads the football, no single receiver or tight end carries very much of the burden in this offense.