Best Japanese restaurant in the greater Seattle area?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • I'm talking about the restaurants that put on a show while cooking awesome food for you, not a great sushi place. I hate sushi, and I've given it many chances to try and like it over the years seeing as I'm a guy with a wide open pallet and wants to love everything. I've done Benihana a few times, but I consider them slightly above the Denney's of Japanese restaraunts. Kamon Of Kobe in Bellevue used to be a destination for fancy dining, but now it sucks. So what is now the big fancy Japanese place where the chefs put on a show at the table for you, and the food is awesome as a bonus?

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Tokyo Steakhouse in Bellevue. Thought it was pretty legit.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• Maneki - Over 100 years old, including its absence during WWII. In Chinatown and make a reservation if you want a seat or tatami room after 6:00 PM. They don't provide a show, just quality Japanese food.

The only places that put on a show are Teppanyaki Restaurants like Benihana's... if you're looking for the best version of that I can't help.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Mizu in Covington? Haven't been there but I drive by many times a week.

http://mizusteakhouse.com/
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Jazzhawk wrote:Mizu in Covington? Haven't been there but I drive by many times a week.

http://mizusteakhouse.com/

I second this. I'll preface this statement by saying that I have a severe seafood allergy and therefore don't frequent Japanese restaurants much, limiting my knowledge of Japanese cuisine, but I've been to Mizu's in Southcenter a couple times, found the food to be of good quality, enjoyed watching the chef perform his tricks with knives, sherry, and sesame oil. Kinda expensive ($30 a plate, roughly), but these places usually are.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information