Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30

dunceface

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":25oh9pxt said:
Ninerguy":25oh9pxt said:
Interesting read for 10+ pages.
I expected Hawk fans would like anything Sherman does but I cannot see how more of you do not see how this was way overboard and crossed the line. I have spoken to a few of my Hawk friends and tbh they are sensible and dont really like that Sherm went crazy like that. He should do just what he mentioned, "Let the tape speak for itself"! He has got his 15+ minutes of fame and he will get his money in a few seasons.(wait til you have to pay that bill :p )

My opinion is he completely reminds me of an even more crazed Terrel Owens, who never could just let his great play speak for him, instead he would seek out media attention and it always worked against him rather he saw it that way or not. Sharpie anyone?

I am Hawkfan509, and I approve this message!

Wake up Hawkfans. There was nothing good that came out of this interview, except that prick Bayless will probably get a raise because of the ratings

:pukeface:

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Personally I wasn't a fan of it because although true, I felt it was mean and yeah not my cup of tea, regardless of what Bayless said.

Now Sherman doing his thing on the field, hey that's football I'm all for it.

Things like the audio valentines to Brady and Megatron, calling himself Optimus Prime, going on Bourbon Street and interviewing people. That's more funny and all in good fun. That's the Sherman I like.

What I saw on first take, I kind of wish Sherman just was sarcastic with him and played it off like Bayless was some kid who didn't know anything about football and agreed with him the whole time. Like "Oh yeah, you're right, Richard Sherman is TOTALLY not in the same league" and just kept his cheesy grin the whole time. I think that would have been better.

But that's just me.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Stories like these showoff such a parody within our sports culture. This is just one guy's opinion of another guy's opinion, and the ensuing comedy is the media coverage and fan reactions, which are basically more and more opinions about opinions. Some of us are interested in the thoughts of others to the point where it really just serves as a counterproductive process to actual thinking. Should Sherman have a problem with opinion-based punditry? Absolutely, everyone should and this angst shouldn't be limited to just sports. Did calling out a single member of the giant machine of baseless journalism accomplish anything other than distracting us from more important/equally less important things? I doubt it!

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Well this should be interesting. Sherman is acting like more of a diva than some of the most infamous diva's to ever play the game. These type of players usually end up wrecking havoc and become a major distraction in the locker room which causes teams to implode. As a fan of a team in the same division...I welcome his behavior for that exact reason as it is now crystal clear why other teams passed on him in the draft.

The ironic thing is that if he was on a different team, I would imagine that most of you who claim to like his behavior would be feeling the exact opposite. Reading the posts in this thread, it does appear that some of your fans know that his behavior will probably have negative side effects for your team.

Smoke

Reaction score
NinerLifer":rtsfqi5p said:
Well this should be interesting. Sherman is acting like more of a diva than some of the most infamous diva's to ever play the game. These type of players usually end up wrecking havoc and become a major distraction in the locker room which causes teams to implode. As a fan of a team in the same division...I welcome his behavior for that exact reason as it is now crystal clear why other teams passed on him in the draft.

The ironic thing is that if he was on a different team, I would imagine that most of you who claim to like his behavior would be feeling the exact opposite. Reading the posts in this thread, it does appear that some of your fans know that his behavior will probably have negative side effects for your team.

How is he acting like a diva? Is he overturning the bowl of M&M's in the greenrooms cause all the M&M's aren't all red? Is he throwing his teamates under the bus? Are you envious of how hard we are going to whoop up on yall for years to come?

U scared, Bro?

Lady Talon

Reaction score
NinerLifer":t2g4r15c said:

Well he didn't refer to himself as the greatest of all time.

He didn't forget what city he played for and throw out homophobic remarks in an interview.

He didn't throw a concussed starting QB playing the best football of his life under the bus.

He didn't flip out on the sidelines, refuse to give an after game interview, and put the blame of a superbowl loss on a blown call.

but hey, "Gobble, gobble, turkey!" Sherman's calling out of a well known media jackass that had been publicly crapping on him during the offseason is team destroying poison, lol. Thanks, 49er fan, for that incredible insight.

TVHAWK

Reaction score
Dammit- I wish Sherm would just shut up and knock everybody's dick off...I love the confidence, but he needs to rein in the talk A LITTLE... more class
:les:

dunceface

Reaction score
Lady Talon":3rrcjcmu said:
NinerLifer":3rrcjcmu said:

Well he didn't refer to himself as the greatest of all time.

He didn't forget what city he played for and throw out homophobic remarks in an interview.

He didn't throw a concussed starting QB playing the best football of his life under the bus.

He didn't flip out on the sidelines, refuse to give an after game interview, and put the blame of a superbowl loss on a blown call.

but hey, "Gobble, gobble, turkey!" Sherman's calling out of a well known media jackass that had been publicly crapping on him during the offseason is team destroying poison, lol. Thanks, 49er fan, for that incredible insight.

OH NOEZ! WERE DOOMED! 0-16 CUZ A NINER FAN SEZ SO!!!!!1

Decimation

Reaction score
NinerLifer":ogb57shu said:

You're clueless man. Sherman isn't going to do anything wrong to the locker room, nor create a distraction. That's not his persona; he demands respect for his play and if it isn't given while being disrespected, hell will break loose.

I hope Harbaugh makes your team implode since he's a complete jack wagon and it will be hilarious seeing the fall of the "49er empire" haha!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":j5w2keyq said:

Ah. Ninerlifer's words of wisdom. Always look forward to these.

The ironic thing is, if he was on your team, you'd defend the hell out of him.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Other teams passed on him in the draft because their front office is not nearly as strong as ours.

mikeak

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1tohp92t said:
It's a little different when someone like that is talking shit about you constantly, and literally 5 minutes before you go on his worthless show when he knows you're listening, that's pretty disrespectful. Nobody has to take that.

Great point. Colin Cowherd talked about that this morning he said if he has talked bad about a player he tells him all upfront. He tells the player that he will come at him in a debate and while many don't like Colin he ALWAYS backs up his words with facts.

To me Sherman came off as immature in the first part. He completely crushes Skip an makes his point in the second half. The best part was managing to dance around the "great front 7". Horrible answer there is they aren't very good. Sherman was smart enough to not go there but just pointing out it was an opinion. Very deftly done.

Edit only saw 7 min clip not full 15

Throwdown

Reaction score
NinerLifer":6c6h2ior said:

The hell are you talking about? That wasn't said anywhere unless that person was a complete moron, grow up.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The "I'm better at life than you" t-shirts will be out Monday. You heard it hear first!

Throwdown

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1ty40070 said:
The "I'm better at life than you" t-shirts will be out Monday. You heard it hear first!

Are they gonna have Sherman with his finger pointing directly out? like "uncle sam wants YOU" type stuff? that'd be hilarious

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Throwdown":38xcopts said:
-The Glove-":38xcopts said:

Are they gonna have Sherman with his finger pointing directly out? like "uncle sam wants YOU" type stuff? that'd be hilarious
I'm not sure, but that would be funny. Just got that info from Branton Sherman

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
-The Glove-":4iwp3zyo said:
Throwdown":4iwp3zyo said:
-The Glove-":4iwp3zyo said:

Branton is awesome, I asked him about First Take based shirts, he just laughed. Figured they'd be coming.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":3123t8p7 said:
-The Glove-":3123t8p7 said:
Throwdown":3123t8p7 said:
-The Glove- said:

Branton is awesome, I asked him about First Take based shirts, he just laughed. Figured they'd be coming.
Yeah. He's great, man. If Richard is there you better believe Branton is there with him. That's why I'm not worried about Sherman going too far the way Ocho and TO did. Every other incident besides this latest have been in good spirits and in a joking manner. You can tell that mean-spirited, bitter guy is not him.