Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: A look at PCJS last year's draft day trades
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 am 
NET Veteran

Take a look at the trades PCJS made during the draft last year.

Jets receive:
Second-round pick (No. 43):Stephen Hill

Seahawks receive:
Second-round pick (No. 47): Bobby Wagner
Fifth-round pick (No. 154): Korey Toomer
Seventh-round pick (No. 232): Greg Scruggs

Eagles receive:
First-round pick (No. 12): Fletcher Cox

Seahawks receive:
First-round pick (No. 15): Bruce Irvin
Fourth-round pick (No. 114): Jaye Howard
Sixth-round pick (No. 172): Jeremy Lane

Traded down 3 spots in the 1st round for 2 additional players, and traded down 4 spots in the 2nd round for 2 additional players.

I hear people worrying that SF has 14-15 draft picks this year and we only have 10. The takeaway from this is that if John Schneider really wants 14 picks, he can easily attain them by trading down a couple times.

Post subject: Re: A look at PCJS last year's draft day trades
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Quantity of picks doesn't matter. It's what they do with the pick - who they draft, etc. that makes the difference. So far JS/PC have a pretty good record of make good choices with their picks. Getting players who make impact - Wagner, Turbin, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Irvin, etc.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:17 am 
NET Veteran

Quantity of picks DOES matter. No one is going to be right all the time. Even P&J have missed on their picks. The more picks you have, the more opportunities you give yourself to upgrade the team.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:40 am 
* NET Hottie *

hawkfan68 wrote:
Quantity of picks doesn't matter. It's what they do with the pick - who they draft, etc. that makes the difference. So far JS/PC have a pretty good record of make good choices with their picks. Getting players who make impact - Wagner, Turbin, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Irvin, etc.

You left out the biggest one of all. DangeRuss. Don't you hate brain farts? :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:56 am 
NET Rookie

Seahwkgal wrote:
hawkfan68 wrote:

You left out the biggest one of all. DangeRuss. Don't you hate brain farts? :lol:

He didn't leave him out, because that was our original pick. He was comparing what we got and what the other team got when we did trade.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:08 pm 
NET Veteran

Seahwkgal wrote:
hawkfan68 wrote:

Bwa Ha :16: :16: Was thinking the same thing.
Almost no one else saw RW as a viable option,,Round Three for cripes sake?

Last edited by scutterhawk on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:13 pm 
NET Veteran

SalishHawkFan wrote:
Quantity of picks DOES matter. No one is going to be right all the time. Even P&J have missed on their picks. The more picks you have, the more opportunities you give yourself to upgrade the team.

Truth.
Hedging their bets increasing the odds that you are going to have more success, with more choices. :stirthepot:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:53 pm 
* NET Hottie *

Waterhawk1 wrote:
Seahwkgal wrote:
hawkfan68 wrote:

He didn't leave him out, because that was our original pick. He was comparing what we got and what the other team got when we did trade.

What do Sherman, Wright and Chancellor have to do with last year's draft then? I did understand what the ORIGINAL POST was referring to regarding last year's draft. My response was in response to what I quoted. A response to the original post. :34853_doh:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Seahwkgal wrote:
hawkfan68 wrote:

LOL! You're correct. I did leave out Wilson didn't I. Thanks for catching that :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:30 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

SalishHawkFan wrote:

My point is quantity doesn't always equate to quality. Yes, quantity gives more chances but you have just as much a chance of drafting a dud as you do an impact player.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:37 pm 
NET Veteran

SalishHawkFan wrote:

:D :D Now wipe the spit bubbles off your keyboard :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Reality: it will be a stretch to see 4 of this years draft class even make the final roster.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:48 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

FlyingGreg wrote:
Reality: it will be a stretch to see 4 of this years draft class even make the final roster.

I don't doubt it. That's why I can actually see us moving up in the draft this year.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

hawkfan68 wrote:

The more picks you have the more chances you have of being right.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

Without that second trade down we probably draft Mychal Kendricks instead of Bobby Wagner. Maybe Kendricks is really great for us, but it would be tough to top what Wagner did last year.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Hard to complain about what the FO has done but I really would have liked to have Fletcher Cox :179422:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:35 pm 
NET Starter

I like Irwin, but I'm also bummed we didn't get Cox.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:56 pm 
NET Veteran

godawg wrote:
I like Irwin, but I'm also bummed we didn't get Cox.

Got to believe if they were interested in Cox they probably don't move down. I'm guessing they knew who Philly were trading up for.

Think the aim last year was always edge rusher. This year it's probably interior rusher.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]