and... there goes my respect for Greg Cosell

uncle fester

Reaction score
Wait - 6'3" is now SHORT?

Bless the off-season circus and its championing of clowns.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
It seems like some games Barkley looks pretty bad but then he has monster games from time to time (Last season against Oregon) that make me think he could be a great QB. I think he is much better than a 4th round QB, not sure where he is getting picked but from 1st to early 2nd round pick wouldn't surprise me. Him falling to the late 3rd or 4th round would surprise me.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Apparently Matt first hurt his shoulder earlier in the season (I think in the Stanford game, when he sometimes had less than a second or two before a guy was in his face), which probably accounts for some of his inconsistency last year.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I looked back at last year... Cosell said Ryan Lindley was "the most intriguing" quarterback in the 2012 draft and made more "wow" throws than any other player (including Luck, RGIII, Wilson, Tannehill etc).

Cosell's comparison for Wilson going into the draft was Seneca Wallace.

And this year despite giving Barkley a fourth round grade, he's praised Zac Dysert and Matt Scott. In fact he compared Scott to Wilson. Which is kind of funny given how much he didn't seem to like Wilson last year.

If you want to see the video where the Barkley quotes come from, this is it: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap ... -overrated

6-3 is the new short.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":289u7xml said:
In fact he compared Scott to Wilson. Which is kind of funny given how much he didn't seem to like Wilson last year.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Although really, I think Matt Scott actually reminds me of a more injury prone, less developed Aaron Rodgers. Very similar talent for extending plays with his feet, keeping his eyes downfield, and taking the cheap yards with his feet when they are presented.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
sc85sis":22s6abdb said:
I actually think Scott has a really good skill set. He needs to bulk up though.
He did. He rportedly is 20 pounds heavier than he played last season.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1snjshki said:
sc85sis":1snjshki said:
That's good because he was rather twiggy. If those 20 pounds are muscle and he keeps them on, he'll have a much better chance of staying healthy.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qxu84ux said:
sc85sis":3qxu84ux said:

Man, Keith Price needs to find out who Scott's trainer was and hire him immediately. Marcus Mariota too.