A look at PCJS last year's draft day trades

cacksman

Reaction score
Take a look at the trades PCJS made during the draft last year.

Jets receive:
Second-round pick (No. 43):Stephen Hill

Seahawks receive:
Second-round pick (No. 47): Bobby Wagner
Fifth-round pick (No. 154): Korey Toomer
Seventh-round pick (No. 232): Greg Scruggs

Eagles receive:
First-round pick (No. 12): Fletcher Cox

Seahawks receive:
First-round pick (No. 15): Bruce Irvin
Fourth-round pick (No. 114): Jaye Howard
Sixth-round pick (No. 172): Jeremy Lane

Traded down 3 spots in the 1st round for 2 additional players, and traded down 4 spots in the 2nd round for 2 additional players.

I hear people worrying that SF has 14-15 draft picks this year and we only have 10. The takeaway from this is that if John Schneider really wants 14 picks, he can easily attain them by trading down a couple times.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Quantity of picks doesn't matter. It's what they do with the pick - who they draft, etc. that makes the difference. So far JS/PC have a pretty good record of make good choices with their picks. Getting players who make impact - Wagner, Turbin, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Irvin, etc.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Quantity of picks DOES matter. No one is going to be right all the time. Even P&J have missed on their picks. The more picks you have, the more opportunities you give yourself to upgrade the team.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3jfi34z1 said:
Quantity of picks doesn't matter. It's what they do with the pick - who they draft, etc. that makes the difference. So far JS/PC have a pretty good record of make good choices with their picks. Getting players who make impact - Wagner, Turbin, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Irvin, etc.
You left out the biggest one of all. DangeRuss. Don't you hate brain farts? :lol:

Waterhawk1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1xt33vnk said:
hawkfan68":1xt33vnk said:
You left out the biggest one of all. DangeRuss. Don't you hate brain farts? :lol:

He didn't leave him out, because that was our original pick. He was comparing what we got and what the other team got when we did trade.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":ho41maut said:
hawkfan68":ho41maut said:
Bwa Ha :16: :16: Was thinking the same thing.
Almost no one else saw RW as a viable option,,Round Three for cripes sake?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3epn6yhj said:
Quantity of picks DOES matter. No one is going to be right all the time. Even P&J have missed on their picks. The more picks you have, the more opportunities you give yourself to upgrade the team.
Truth.
Hedging their bets increasing the odds that you are going to have more success, with more choices. :stirthepot:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Waterhawk1":wjjg1glf said:
Seahwkgal":wjjg1glf said:
hawkfan68":wjjg1glf said:

He didn't leave him out, because that was our original pick. He was comparing what we got and what the other team got when we did trade.
What do Sherman, Wright and Chancellor have to do with last year's draft then? I did understand what the ORIGINAL POST was referring to regarding last year's draft. My response was in response to what I quoted. A response to the original post. :34853_doh:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1y65ac1x said:
hawkfan68":1y65ac1x said:

LOL! You're correct. I did leave out Wilson didn't I. Thanks for catching that :th2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2104zv3y said:

My point is quantity doesn't always equate to quality. Yes, quantity gives more chances but you have just as much a chance of drafting a dud as you do an impact player.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":22yo6iy3 said:

:D :D Now wipe the spit bubbles off your keyboard :mrgreen:

Sac

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":14e18ebv said:
Reality: it will be a stretch to see 4 of this years draft class even make the final roster.

I don't doubt it. That's why I can actually see us moving up in the draft this year.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2somkv8x said:

The more picks you have the more chances you have of being right.

kearly

Reaction score
Without that second trade down we probably draft Mychal Kendricks instead of Bobby Wagner. Maybe Kendricks is really great for us, but it would be tough to top what Wagner did last year.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Hard to complain about what the FO has done but I really would have liked to have Fletcher Cox :179422:

godawg

Reaction score
I like Irwin, but I'm also bummed we didn't get Cox.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
godawg":36gydocj said:
I like Irwin, but I'm also bummed we didn't get Cox.

Got to believe if they were interested in Cox they probably don't move down. I'm guessing they knew who Philly were trading up for.

Think the aim last year was always edge rusher. This year it's probably interior rusher.