A look at PCJS last year's draft day trades

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Take a look at the trades PCJS made during the draft last year.

Jets receive:
    Second-round pick (No. 43):Stephen Hill

Seahawks receive:
    Second-round pick (No. 47): Bobby Wagner
    Fifth-round pick (No. 154): Korey Toomer
    Seventh-round pick (No. 232): Greg Scruggs

Eagles receive:
    First-round pick (No. 12): Fletcher Cox

Seahawks receive:
    First-round pick (No. 15): Bruce Irvin
    Fourth-round pick (No. 114): Jaye Howard
    Sixth-round pick (No. 172): Jeremy Lane

Traded down 3 spots in the 1st round for 2 additional players, and traded down 4 spots in the 2nd round for 2 additional players.

I hear people worrying that SF has 14-15 draft picks this year and we only have 10. The takeaway from this is that if John Schneider really wants 14 picks, he can easily attain them by trading down a couple times.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

• Quantity of picks doesn't matter. It's what they do with the pick - who they draft, etc. that makes the difference. So far JS/PC have a pretty good record of make good choices with their picks. Getting players who make impact - Wagner, Turbin, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Irvin, etc.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Quantity of picks DOES matter. No one is going to be right all the time. Even P&J have missed on their picks. The more picks you have, the more opportunities you give yourself to upgrade the team.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Quantity of picks doesn't matter. It's what they do with the pick - who they draft, etc. that makes the difference. So far JS/PC have a pretty good record of make good choices with their picks. Getting players who make impact - Wagner, Turbin, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Irvin, etc.

You left out the biggest one of all. DangeRuss. Don't you hate brain farts? :lol:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Seahwkgal wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Quantity of picks doesn't matter. It's what they do with the pick - who they draft, etc. that makes the difference. So far JS/PC have a pretty good record of make good choices with their picks. Getting players who make impact - Wagner, Turbin, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Irvin, etc.

You left out the biggest one of all. DangeRuss. Don't you hate brain farts? :lol:

He didn't leave him out, because that was our original pick. He was comparing what we got and what the other team got when we did trade.
    Waterhawk1
    NET Rookie

• Seahwkgal wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Quantity of picks doesn't matter. It's what they do with the pick - who they draft, etc. that makes the difference. So far JS/PC have a pretty good record of make good choices with their picks. Getting players who make impact - Wagner, Turbin, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Irvin, etc.

Bwa Ha :16: :16: Was thinking the same thing.
    Almost no one else saw RW as a viable option,,Round Three for cripes sake?
    Last edited by scutterhawk on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• SalishHawkFan wrote:Quantity of picks DOES matter. No one is going to be right all the time. Even P&J have missed on their picks. The more picks you have, the more opportunities you give yourself to upgrade the team.

Truth.
    Hedging their bets increasing the odds that you are going to have more success, with more choices. :stirthepot:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Waterhawk1 wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:

He didn't leave him out, because that was our original pick. He was comparing what we got and what the other team got when we did trade.

What do Sherman, Wright and Chancellor have to do with last year's draft then? I did understand what the ORIGINAL POST was referring to regarding last year's draft. My response was in response to what I quoted. A response to the original post. :34853_doh:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Seahwkgal wrote:

LOL! You're correct. I did leave out Wilson didn't I. Thanks for catching that :th2thumbs:
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• SalishHawkFan wrote:Quantity of picks DOES matter. No one is going to be right all the time. Even P&J have missed on their picks. The more picks you have, the more opportunities you give yourself to upgrade the team.

My point is quantity doesn't always equate to quality. Yes, quantity gives more chances but you have just as much a chance of drafting a dud as you do an impact player.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

:D :D Now wipe the spit bubbles off your keyboard :mrgreen:
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Reality: it will be a stretch to see 4 of this years draft class even make the final roster.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• FlyingGreg wrote:Reality: it will be a stretch to see 4 of this years draft class even make the final roster.

I don't doubt it. That's why I can actually see us moving up in the draft this year.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• hawkfan68 wrote:Quantity of picks doesn't matter. It's what they do with the pick - who they draft, etc. that makes the difference. So far JS/PC have a pretty good record of make good choices with their picks. Getting players who make impact - Wagner, Turbin, Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Irvin, etc.

The more picks you have the more chances you have of being right.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Without that second trade down we probably draft Mychal Kendricks instead of Bobby Wagner. Maybe Kendricks is really great for us, but it would be tough to top what Wagner did last year.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Hard to complain about what the FO has done but I really would have liked to have Fletcher Cox :179422:
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran

• I like Irwin, but I'm also bummed we didn't get Cox.
    godawg
    NET Starter

• godawg wrote:I like Irwin, but I'm also bummed we didn't get Cox.

Got to believe if they were interested in Cox they probably don't move down. I'm guessing they knew who Philly were trading up for.

Think the aim last year was always edge rusher. This year it's probably interior rusher.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information