QB Problem

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":1jy882no said:
SacHawk2.0":1jy882no said:
...fine...
He was better than Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb.

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, good job!

Do you know what hyperbole is?

I don't recall me specifically saying he's the worst. I did say that he sucks. I did say that he's god awful. But I'm not sure I called him the worst, although I can see that because he's pretty damn close to bottom of the barrel.

Anyway, if I say "Tim Tebow is the worst" and he turns out to be only the third worst then I'm still a hell of a lot closer to being right than some ass clown that says "Tim Tebow is exactly what the Seahawks need"!!!

So tell me Spokane, how much do you really want the 3rd worst quarterback to be a Seahawk? And Why the hell would you want the 3rd worst quarterback to be a Seahawk in any capacity?

Sac

Reaction score
JSeahawks":29yumi0e said:
We're still talking about this?

It's really more fact finding at this point. I'm not sure if Spokane is trolling or if he's really this dumb. The sheer stupidity of his argument is quite compelling and I'm trying to find the answer.

Spokane

Reaction score
It is more fact finding at this point, and the fact is Tim is not the worst (as claimed) and he would make a fine Wilson Jr.

Why all the "worst" claims, but only one stat from 2 years ago to back it up? Cause hating is easy, the truth takes work.

Spokane

Reaction score
pinksheets":pet884s6 said:
:34853_doh:
I would cover my face too if I had to work with what you are throwing out in this thread.

The worst...lol!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Spokane":k8z7bteu said:
pinksheets":k8z7bteu said:
:34853_doh:
I would cover my face too if I had to work with what you are throwing out in this thread.

The worst...lol!
So you're taking "he wasn't quite as bad as John Skelton that one year both of them had a handful of starts, but was the worst in the NFL in completion % that year he was the starter most of the year" as a victory?

Ok.

Fine. Maybe Tebow is about the same or a little better as a passer than John Skelton. That's good enough reason not to sign him right there.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I wouldn't take Skelton as Wilson's back up, I still want to win even if Russy is out.

Lord I hope we keep Flynn now... Just so Tebow can sign and bum it for another team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This was a masterful troll job until Spokane got stupid. er.

Spokane

Reaction score
Scott my boy, I did not mean to light you up a few pages back, I just got cought up in the thread.
Having fun IS what I do. Sorry if I upset you.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spokane":1k8h31j4 said:
Scott my boy, I did not mean to light you up a few pages back, I just got cought up in the thread.
Having fun IS what I do. Sorry if I upset you.

Son. My boy. You couldn't wind up a yoyo. I am better at life than you.
It's a troll job because not even you can believe the stuff you are typing.

Spokane

Reaction score
Dad, I love the yoyo line, maybe line of the year. I don't doubt you are better! But I do believe what I write, as well as try to admit when I am wrong.
---

Flynn is the clear choice. Mobile, understands the system and (imo) a good arm. Anyone else is a down grade.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Spokane":162l8o3u said:
...the fact is... he would make a fine Wilson Jr.

Not a fact. Opinion believed really really a whole lot does not = fact.

Here's the bottom of the 2011 NFL QBs, as ranked by completion percentage. For a player to qualify, he must have had 14 attempts per team's games played. Remember, there are 32 teams.

2011QBstats zps24b87ecd

Two entire organizations have not been impressed enough with Tebow to make him the QBOTF. The 1st guy who went for Tebow, head coach Josh Daniels, lost his job. The 2nd guy, GM Mike Tannenbaum, lost his job, and head coach Rex Ryan is on a short leash.

There is no statistical, historical, or practical reason to believe Tim Tebow would be a good QB addition to the Seahawks.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
I wish we could just make a Madden type trade and do something like Flynn and a 1st to Jags for Justin Blackmon. That would be insaannne

Sac

Reaction score
TheLargentLine":gdv9io8a said:
I wish we could just make a Madden type trade and do something like Flynn and a 1st to Jags for Justin Blackmon. That would be insaannne

If we could do a Madden like trade it would be Flynn to the Jags for their first and Justin Blackmon!

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":jf9nj88m said:
TheLargentLine":jf9nj88m said:

If we could do a Madden like trade it would be Flynn to the Jags for their first and Justin Blackmon!

Think big, you clowns!

Flynn and some change for Detroits 1st this year AND next year for Suh & Megatron

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I still stand by my words posted on page 6. (So others don't put words in my mouth, I'll be the one to clarify.) I didn't say there is or should be any infatuation with Tebow. I'm talking about him purely as a player who could contribute. So, not saying that he has to be in the top 20 QB's in the league to be "a" Seahawks backup. (Still, I don't believe for one minute that critique of him has nothing to do with what he stands for. Tebow stands for it very openly... whereas a player like Russell Wilson quietly stands for the same thing. Of course, RW is a bazillion times better QB. I'm just not buying that Tebow is not a polarizing figure and that those committing libel in their responses with their use of words against the one who countless individuals believe in as God incarnate doesn't make me any more likely to believe they separate what Tebow stands for from his NFL football ability.)
I really hope the Seahawks sign Tebow now, though, so a few posters in here might go into meltdown mode. (JK, sort of ;) I'm not arguing that he is an elite passer. Tebow has only a few years experience in the NFL. He strikes me as a man never content with his level of play. For example, he's been training in Brazilian Jui-jitsu (something familiar to me and I see the value of football players training in the Martial Arts.) That indicates a drive to get better and be doing the types of things for him to be in a position to comPETE for a role somewhere in some capacity. Nothing wrong with him desiring to be a QB, but if that evaporates... maybe the guy becomes ready to fill a role where he could turn into an effective player. I am not saying he is the best option for the Seahawks backup QB. But, the Seahawks might not be able to find as good a teammate, football player, etc. for a role than Tebow. THAT's what I'm saying. Seattle could be just the right place for him. I see him as an H-back type like Jim Jensen of the 1980's Dolphins. In terms of their makeup, Russell Wilson and Tebow have the same Worldview. They would probably be an encouragement to one another and both hold others in high regard. They both also hold one in higher regard than any man.

Sac

Reaction score
@Teamofthecentury

If you think my opinion of Tebow is based on anything other than his ability as a passer, you're mistaken.

I don't care about the mans beliefs, one way or another.

That subject is completely irrelevant to me. Completely.

He may have a good work ethic and he may be a good team mate, but that won't change his throwing motion and delivery.

It takes tens of thousands of repetitions for something to be ingrained in your muscle memory. How many more would be needed to change the horrible throwing motion he's been using since his high school days?

He may be able to do it in controlled circumstances but we've all seen him revert back when he's pressured. That's because when you're pressured you muscle memory takes over.

Spokane

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1izd0gpn said:
Here's the bottom of the 2011 NFL QBs, as ranked by completion percentage.

So you are working a 2 year old stat to tell us about a player today? HELLO, just for fun check his % last year. The NFL is a "What have you done for me lately league"
Akers ties the longest field goal record and is dropped (I know he had other issues, I am just saying what happened 2 years ago means nothing)

Two entire organizations have not been impressed enough with Tebow to make him the QBOTF.
Do you have a link where the Jets says they don't want Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

GM Mike Tannenbaum, lost his job, and head coach Rex Ryan is on a short leash.
GM Mike Tannenbaum was let go for the Sanchez foul up. With the creating/setting up of Marks contract, the Jets end up in a financial disaster with a starting QB that should not be starting. I see the Tebow pick up as a last resort to right the ship before being forced on the hot seat. Then the fine GM gave out a $33 million contract to a QB that tossed the ball 8 times. Tebow didn't pick how many times he would throw the ball, that is an upper level decision. So with killing the cap and handing out a huge contract for nothing, Yes the GM needed to go - and it was all his doing.

There is no statistical, historical, or practical reason to believe Tim Tebow would be a good QB addition to the Seahawks.

There is a practical reason why Tebow would be a good fit, PC has said he is looking for a Wilson Jr. as the 2nd string guy.

The comparisons are there if you are being fair.

Lets not act like Wilson put up amazing numbers concerning his number of yards and balls that sailed. Did PC jump the Wilson ship early on in the year when the numbers were ugly? No. PC knows what he wants and is not afraid to go against the grain to get it.

Please check the 8 pages of awesome information before responding, your answer could be in there - I am done repeating

Sac

Reaction score
Hey SpokaneTroll,

What's so special about his 8 attempts last year that you think those are relevant?

Do you have a special source that tells you those 8 attempts mean more than his collective body of work?