Justin Hunter to "mid 20s" team rumor

General Manager

Reaction score
The bottom line is that pass rush is a bigger need and DL is where there going ar 25 unless they address it in free agency . I like Hopkins and Hunter though and would be fine with either. I also love Ogletree at 25 if he's there to good a player to pass on. I'd take him over any WR and most of the DL that will be left over at 25. I'll believe they go WR when i see it .

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
McGruff":1uizoyck said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1uizoyck said:
Forgive me for taking this with a pinch of salt. Having said that he could go in that range and Green Bay makes a lot of sense if they lose Jennings (Driver already retired, Finley could be cut).

So does Seattle.
:13:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hunter in Rd 2 is a steal. He has one of the highest ceilings of all WR's. Woudl you want Marshall, D.Thomas, Britt, and Colston come to mind when i think about Hunter.

He very well could have taken it easier last year coming of the injury but once he get's in the pros and has the money to eat and can focus on workouts I could see another 5-10 lbs. I drool over his potential and at #25 we could do alot worse. The risk reward ratio on Hunter is very favorable. If Hunter maxes out he will be much better than if Austin maxes out.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":wxc89814 said:
kearly":wxc89814 said:
WR isn't a need so much as it is a luxury pick.

Yep.

Emphatically disagree.

You get Wilson a better fit at WR, either a waterbug type, or a jump-ball type, the Seahawks are too much to defend. The speed on defense suddenly becomes lethal with a 7-14 point lead (and the threat of a TD every drive by Seattle). Dungy added toys for Manning and drafted speed, fast and quick on defense to compliment that.

There's no way to know for sure, but my hunch is the offense is their priority. Build the offense to improve the defensive personnel already there. It’s a no-brainer.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I disagree as well. I think Pete and JS absolutely want a better receiving core but they flat out said that last years group wasn't good(and this years was). I would bet good money they take at least one this year in the first or second round. Especially if they sign Abraham and resign Branch.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Personally, I think we're already too much to defend. I think Wilson is the type of QB that will elevate his receivers.

And for what it's worth, I think they will draft a WR or TE in the first three rounds. But I think there's little chance they do it in round one. This is a deep WR class and there will be good options even in R3. The options at DE and DT will be considerably weaker by that point.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3f4ou0pv said:
I disagree as well. I think Pete and JS absolutely want a better receiving core but they flat out said that last years group wasn't good(and this years was). I would bet good money they take at least one this year in the first or second round. Especially if they sign Abraham and resign Branch.

This is a fair assesment. Abraham, Osi, or Freeney plus resigin Brnach keeps us very flexible in the draft early, add a guy like Seymore or Bryant and I could see WR and TE in the 1st and 2nd, the defense for the rest of the draft filling all the back up spots.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wenhawk":38064y5c said:
Hunter in Rd 2 is a steal. He has one of the highest ceilings of all WR's. Woudl you want Marshall, D.Thomas, Britt, and Colston come to mind when i think about Hunter.

He very well could have taken it easier last year coming of the injury but once he get's in the pros and has the money to eat and can focus on workouts I could see another 5-10 lbs. I drool over his potential and at #25 we could do alot worse. The risk reward ratio on Hunter is very favorable. If Hunter maxes out he will be much better than if Austin maxes out.

The only one of those WR's Hunter reminds me of is a little bit of Colston.

Demaryius Thomas and Brandon Marshall are 230 Lbs. and Britt is a little closer at 215 but still 20 Lbs. heavier.

With that said the weight isn't really the main problem. It's style of play. Hunter is no where near as Physical as those guys.

I think Hunters more like these guys: Sidney Rice, Randy Moss, Miles Austin, DHB

polarbill1999

Reaction score
Can we get a tall, skinny, huge upside but with issues(good chance of a bust) WR in the 5th-7th?

Marquess Wilson?

lukerguy

Reaction score
kearly":1ftynd0a said:
I'm fairly "meh" on Hunter myself, although I could see the Seahawks liking him. I can't see Seattle passing on a premium pass rusher for a WR very easily though. WR isn't a need so much as it is a luxury pick.

FWIW, the Packers, Vikings, and Texans have all had WRs mocked to them in round 1 and pick in the mid 20s. The Colts have not, but adding another WR could make sense as Reggie Wayne turns 35 during the 2013 season.

THat's the thing. I'm not sure there is a premium pass rusher in the entire draft. THere are no Von MIller, Aldon Smiths, or Bruce Irvin's in this draft.

kearly

Reaction score
If all we did was draft depth at WR this year and went with Baldwin/Rice/Tate as the starting trio again, I'd expect Seattle to post a top 5 offense. I don't consider WR a need. I see it as more of an opportunity.

kearly

Reaction score
lukerguy":1wk7fr10 said:
THat's the thing. I'm not sure there is a premium pass rusher in the entire draft. THere are no Von MIller, Aldon Smiths, or Bruce Irvin's in this draft.

I think Datone Jones is this year's Fletcher Cox. If he's there, it's a no brainer, IMO. I think Jarvis Jones compares pretty well to Von Miller, but the chances of him being a Seahawk feel slim.

purpleworld

Reaction score
i wouldn't be surpised if this was put out as a smoke screen to direct interest away from whomever 'they' truly want....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":3hmgskn1 said:
lukerguy":3hmgskn1 said:

I think Datone Jones is this year's Fletcher Cox. If he's there, it's a no brainer, IMO. I think Jarvis Jones compares pretty well to Von Miller, but the chances of him being a Seahawk feel slim.
You are just trying to seduce me now. You know how bad I wanted Fletcher last year.

pehawk

Reaction score
There isn't a Julio Jones or AJ Green, but there's a more mature Deseasn Jackson.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2dyup8mx said:
pehawk":2dyup8mx said:
There isn't a Julio Jones or AJ Green, but there's a more mature Deseasn Jackson.

Who will probably be off the board...

Yeah, I know. SUCKS. Our own Bruce Irvin was all over twitter laughing at Austin's draft projection a few months ago. He kept saying how he'll be top 15 by the time its all said and done.

I just revisited the dissapointment I felt when the Hawks passed on Desean for an overrated TE. Not a cool feeling.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Im pretty high on Hunter. If we got him at #25 that would be awesome.