Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":337f00rz said:
heyu123":337f00rz said:
He's let Skip Bayless get to him. honestly he sounds bad imo, Skip trolled him and he took the bait.

Agree somewhat.. but he made it clear that he was out to discredit him.. Bayless makes a living spewing baseless opinions instead of facts when he puts down athletes
Where did Bayless play, how many trophys, how many National accolades for his position while up behind a microphone spewing his opinionated bullshit, that he should be given any credibility, ESPECIALLY when argueing with ANY player?
Put your lame ass out there on the field and SHOW us all how it's done.
As far as Revis goes?, Sherman has proven (so far) that his numbers and Revis' aren't so far apart, and surly NOT enough that Clueless or anyone else can find footing to back their arguement.
For the most part, Sherman is having fun with people, but if they take him for granted, and show disrespect, then he will make them prove that they can back it up.
He doesn't feel that he should be appolegetic to others when they underestimate, or try'n dismiss him as being all mouth, and no ass.
He backs up his self assuredness with excellent play.

McGruff

Reaction score
White Devil":kcbehfrl said:
So Sherm benefits from having Browner on the other side....guess Antonio Cromartie doesn't qualify as help on the other side of Revis? :229031_shrug:

Also . . . Sherman benefits from playing on one of the top defenses in the league . . .

Where was that defense before Sherman got here? Where was our pass rank in 2010?

Hint: We were 27th in passing yards allowed and 29th in passing TD's.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":282xemf2 said:
When you have a professional troll like Bayless, it's best to play him at his own game. Call him John Clayton on air or something like that. Or just don't go on the show. Fact is, Skip takes this reaction to the meeting about his next contract. His job is to get people talking about him.
Hell no, Sherman told him, that he produces no facts, only opinions, "THAT'S WHY NOBODY LISTENS TO YOU"

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sherman absolutely destroyed Bayless. He said things that everyone believes, but nobody has ever stepped up and said to him out loud before. It was EPIC. Did Sherman go too far a couple times? Sure. But I love it!! Winced a little bit when he said he was a Stanford grad and better at life than Bayless, but it is true. The Stanford thing was about as beautiful a backhanded slapdown that I have ever seen in an interview, and Bayless deserves it more than anyone in the media. Dude is a low-life scum-sucking slug. And all he could do was sit there and say, "Well, that's good, I'm glad you think that... etc...". Punk.

That interview is going to go down in sports history, kinda like the Everett/Rome interview. There will be youtube videos of it for years. People will remember that for a long, long time and it was a Seahawk!! The best part was Sherman saying he wanted a SuperBowl.

I LOVE SHERMAN. He is quickly becoming my all-time favorite Seahawk ever.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2lrgvjj7 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2lrgvjj7 said:
When you have a professional troll like Bayless, it's best to play him at his own game. Call him John Clayton on air or something like that. Or just don't go on the show. Fact is, Skip takes this reaction to the meeting about his next contract. His job is to get people talking about him.
Hell no, Sherman told him, that he produces no facts, only opinions, "THAT'S WHY NOBODY LISTENS TO YOU"
If no one listened to Skip Bayless, then no one would have an opinion of Skip Bayless...

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sherm flipped the script and insulted Bayless back, which nobody ever does, awesome.

hawker84

Reaction score
first off now i know why i've never seen that show.. i absolutely hate that arrogant pr**k Stephen A, he knows his basketball, but football?

then Bayless, what do you say about that di*k head that hasn't already been said., he's why i stopped watching that show that's formatted like a game show, where they hit there buzzers and get points for certain answers.. can't remember the name..

but even just watching the small snippet, i can't help but get the feeling that Sherm feels like he's been disrespected in some way and is now on a rampage to right his name.. and i'm not sure why he's feeling like he needs to do that.. i don't recall anybody questioning his play on national tv.. maybe i missed something? could this whole tyrade be stemming from the pro bowl snub?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
well if you look back through first take clips its not the first time skip bayless has slighted seahawks players, and even if he's just doing it because controversy = ratings thats no reason to not call him on it.

it doesn't exactly hurt sherman's value to get himself talked about as much as possible. if it werent' for sherman being so vocal he'd likely still be overlooked despite his stats. He's known more becuase of "u mad bro" and adderall than he is for his play at least nationally.

So, saying sherman got 'trolled' and is only helping skip's career isn't giving enough credit to how sherman's taken it upon himself to give his own name some recognition and value.

kag0331

Reaction score
Well definitely thought the comment about him being better at life was a little bizarre considering they both are successful at their respective fields but I can't help but laugh because you hawk fans will jump at the opportunity to hate on harbaugh for his side line antics but you love Sherman's "sideline" antics all his trash talk was that why he was overlooked at the pro bowl? I agree about skip being an ass but come on so is Sherman maybe they met their match...hhaa maybe he can make the first team next year....

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pinksheets":19rx1dgz said:
Nothing beats when Mark Cuban just flat out decimated Bayless for just speaking in generalities and having nothing substantive to say about basketball.
As sherman did. I fail to see why a few of you think Bayliss 'got to him.' Sherman had the swagger of a prize fighter in that exchange and brought facts to the table. ...and the wink was priceless. ;-)

Basis4day

Reaction score
SNDavidson":15tmor7n said:
Sherm flipped the script and insulted Bayless back, which nobody ever does, awesome.

Every once in a while someone does:

[youtube]hv2jqFd2-qI[/youtube]

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Im all for Richard trash talking idiots like Bayless, but he sounded really temperamental in this. He sounded "on his period", especially at a couple points where he sounded like he was about to start crying.

drdiags

Reaction score
kag0331":1vnelxfd said:
Well definitely thought the comment about him being better at life was a little bizarre considering they both are successful at their respective fields but I can't help but laugh because you hawk fans will jump at the opportunity to hate on harbaugh for his side line antics but you love Sherman's "sideline" antics all his trash talk was that why he was overlooked at the pro bowl? I agree about skip being an ass but come on so is Sherman maybe they met their match...hhaa maybe he can make the first team next year....

"Ha ha ... let me slip in some random comment about my team, you know, the niners. Why are we not talking about them? You guys always dumping on Harbaugh but he is better than Sherman ... ha ha."

Thanks for sharing 9ers dude. Your complaint is duly noted. Seahawks fans are big meanies to 9ers fans, coaches and players on their forum.

kag0331

Reaction score
Talk about respect the league doesn't respect Sherman, had the numbers but nobody likes him coaches included if he can't make the probowl. Its just a game but its a definite show of respect. Surprised bayless didn't bring that up would have put him on the ropes....

kag0331

Reaction score
Dude I'm not calling any one mean I'm just speaking for NFL fans dude is annoying sure doesn't act like a very mature professional athlete.. he acts like that little kid that has to ha e the last word you want to sock in the mouth...didn't he already get slapped after a game I guess I'm not alone players feel the same way... and now commentators...sherm is digging a hole