Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30

heyu123

Reaction score
Barthawk":3e04fkft said:
heyu123":3e04fkft said:
He's let Skip Bayless get to him. honestly he sounds bad imo, Skip trolled him and he took the bait.

Agree somewhat.. but he made it clear that he was out to discredit him.. Bayless makes a living spewing baseless opinions instead of facts when he puts down athletes

True, but I don't think Sherman has to defend himself in this way to a guy like Skip Bayless whose only goal is to get a reaction like the one Sherman just gave.

You don't see any other high level athlete stoop down to Bayless' level(LeBron, Aaron Rogers, etc).

Birdfinger

Reaction score
You could tell Sherm was upset and that made it a bit uncomfortable to watch. However, IMO, he dressed down Bayless. Especially when he asked what his facts were when Skip said that Sherm isn't in the same league as Revis. Bayless rattled of some opinions and Sherm called him on it. No facts, all opinions. Loved it.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I'm glad he's treating Skip Dickless this way to tell you the truth. It's probably close to something I would say to him because he's such an ignorant arrogant prick. He burned him a few times pretty tough, even though he dodged a question or two.

His line about being better at life looked like it cut deep haha. Sherm pointed out that Skip doesn't spit any facts just his bogus opinion, which is 100% spot on.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
dang i want to see video of this. Skip is garbage but then again that whole first take show is dumb.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems so far Sherman is getting some positive feedback on his interview. I doubt it stays that way as pro-Bayless folks start their side of the spin

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

Richard Sherman almost made Skip Bayless cry and rightfully so since skip said he's not in same class with Revis. Moronic

Throwdown

Reaction score
Off the argument kinda, was it me or did Sherman look like he was just dog ass tired?

But jesus that was funny.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ial389n said:
Off the argument kinda, was it me or did Sherman look like he was just dog ass tired?

But jesus that was funny.

he is in the middle of going around doing his SWAG program in schools, probably exhausted.

White Devil

Reaction score
I think it was more than what Skip anticipated, he pushed hard since yesterday about how much "fun" he was going to have trash talking Sherm.

When Skip said multiple times that Sherm isn't even in the same stratosphere as Revis, it pushed Sherm too far. The interview was uncomfortable because Sherm was visibly upset. Luckily he wasn't in the studio, or who knows what may have happened. He was right though that Skip only spews opinion and the facts do not back up what he claims.

The fact that Skip Bayless is saying the 49er's should offer the Jets a 2nd round, 2x 3rd rounders and whatever else it takes to bring an aging CB coming off of a major knee injury, shows me that whatever he says should be taken lightly. Besides the claim that Tim Tebow is a great QB should also diminish what he says.

Also, I thought Skip was pretty disrespectful with Michael Robinson on the show the other day. He completely dismissed Robinson's comments that Tim Tebow should look at his moving from QB to FB as an inspiration and think about it. Seemed like good advice to me.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well come 2013 season I pity the teams we play, pretty sure Sherman is going to go all out to make anything stat wise done before look pedestrian. Just hop in his effort to put up ungodly numbers he doesn't lose his focus on the teams agenda.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
After the Bears game, Skip Bayless said this:

[youtube]MsAC6CMUiK8[/youtube]

The man is already a proven moron. There is no purpose in arguing with him.

heyu123

Reaction score
White Devil":36mmxhf3 said:
I think it was more than what Skip anticipated, he pushed hard since yesterday about how much "fun" he was going to have trash talking Sherm.

When Skip said multiple times that Sherm isn't even in the same stratosphere as Revis, it pushed Sherm too far. The interview was uncomfortable because Sherm was visibly upset. Luckily he wasn't in the studio, or who knows what may have happened. He was right though that Skip only spews opinion and the facts do not back up what he claims.

The fact that Skip Bayless is saying the 49er's should offer the Jets a 2nd round, 2x 3rd rounders and whatever else it takes to bring an aging CB coming off of a major knee injury, shows me that whatever he says should be taken lightly. Besides the claim that Tim Tebow is a great QB should also diminish what he says.

Also, I thought Skip was pretty disrespectful with Michael Robinson on the show the other day. He completely dismissed Robinson's comments that Tim Tebow should look at his moving from QB to FB as an inspiration and think about it. Seemed like good advice to me.

I was pretty surprised how upset he was. I didn't think anybody really took Skip that seriously to actually be mad about what he was saying.

ESPN pays Bayless to try and make people upset and stir things up and he succeeded in that interview. It was very awkward to watch.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Small portion of it, funny, must see the whole thing now...

[youtube]aKYNh1TW01Y[/youtube]

Throwdown

Reaction score
lmaooo @ the wink!

I LOVE THIS DUDE TO DEATH! Can we make Sherman the mayor of Seattle one day?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
It's funny to me how people get riled up over what Skip Bayless says. He's a sports personality. He plays a part and plays it well, very polarizing and people tune in to see what he will say next.

He's on TV, what's his purpose? To maintain and gain viewers, he does that.

White Devil

Reaction score
So Sherm benefits from having Browner on the other side....guess Antonio Cromartie doesn't qualify as help on the other side of Revis? :229031_shrug:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
When you have a professional troll like Bayless, it's best to play him at his own game. Call him John Clayton on air or something like that. Or just don't go on the show. Fact is, Skip takes this reaction to the meeting about his next contract. His job is to get people talking about him.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Dammit! I wanna see him rip Bayless. I can't stand that chump. Link???

pinksheets

Reaction score
Nothing beats when Mark Cuban just flat out decimated Bayless for just speaking in generalities and having nothing substantive to say about basketball.