QB Problem

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":3giktr6y said:
Russell was in a forced rookie contract deal. And the Sanchez deal was what got that GM fired. Still the worst QB in the NFL does not get a 33M contract. So he is not the worst passer of any player designed as a QB.

So if he is not the worst passer and you are calling him the worst passer, you would need a reason to call him "the worst passer" And the reason is...Hate or strong dislike.

By your logic you could take the worst passer and then give him 33 million and that would make him better?

Your reasoning skills are on par with Tim Tebows passing skills. They both suck.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Spokane":1h7eqtxy said:
Russell was in a forced rookie contract deal. And the Sanchez deal was what got that GM fired. Still the worst QB in the NFL does not get a 33M contract. So he is not the worst passer of any player designed as a QB.

So if he is not the worst passer and you are calling him the worst passer, you would need a reason to call him "the worst passer" And the reason is...Hate or strong dislike.
Yes, he is the worst passer of any NFL player designated as a quarterback, easily.

He got paid because he can make plays and he made some in some clutch moments, he's still an awful, awful passer. Not to mention that "$33 million contract" is really for like $10m + incentives.

Spokane

Reaction score
"By your logic you could take the worst passer and then give him 33 million and that would make him better?"
lol...OR I was saying a company is not going to shell out 33M for a loser. Not sure how you came up with that statement.

Dumb post of the year, you must feel like your back is against the wall to make up an idea like that!

----
Ok lets be real here for a minute, you said "Yes, he is the worst passer of any NFL player designated as a quarterback, easily"

My queston is what makes him the worst passer? You know he does not have the worst stats, he shows up and plays. So whatever reason you come up with that makes him the worst, you can find at least 20 QBs that suck more in that area?

So then it will turn out that he is not the worst, but some folks on here just simply dislike him.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Or it'll turn out that he's just not very good and some folks here are just irrationally infatuated with him.

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane, NFL teams shell out big bucks all the time for players that don't make it.

Ryan Leaf
Jamarcus Russell
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
And yes, Tebow

It even happens at other positions, see Aaron Curry.

Just because a team gives a player a big contract doesn't mean that player is good.

Spokane

Reaction score
BBHawks":2ed3zdi7 said:
Would somebody please tell me this is a running joke so I'll sleep better tonight?

This has to be a running joke, I have never heard so much blind reasoning for dislike in my life, DID HE KICK YOUR GUYS DOG?

Clown 1: He is the worst
Clown 2: You dang right he is
Clown 3: Anybody know why he is the worst?
Clown 2: He just is
Repeat

Throwdown

Reaction score
The numbers don't lie, bro. He's horrific as a passer, in order to be a back up for this team you have to be able to throw, our use of the spread option isn't and probably won't ever be a staple of this offense, its just something we used to scare teams because Russell can throw. With Tebow? lol they're gonna laugh the offense off the field. I'd roll with Charlie Friggin' Frye before I gave Tebow a chance.

Sac

Reaction score
"he just is" isn't listed here as a reason we don't want him.

You are either not reading what we're writing or you're deliberately ignoring the facts. You're like a young earth creationist. Willfully ignorant.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tebows 5 year deal with the Broncos actually would have paid him less than the average backup QB in the NFL. 9.7 mil over 5 years
http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_15667056

The Jets assumed his deal and had to eat some bonus money. Tebow is signed for about 3 million in actual salary over 3 years for the Jets.

So, the 33 million number the OP keeps throwing out there is bullshit.

Spokane

Reaction score
It seems that some are scared to answer this question due to it may expose the deep truth. I will ask it again

"My queston is what makes him the worst passer? You know he does not have the worst stats, he shows up and plays. So whatever reason you come up with that makes him the worst, you can find at least 20 QBs that suck more in that area!

So then it will turn out that he is not the worst, but some folks on here just simply dislike him."

Don't be Clown 2 and just say "He can't throw" "He Sucks" "he just is" give me some hard information that we can go over thats shows your statements are legit.

To name one guy who is the worst in his field is a hefty statement, lets see if you got facts or your a joke. I see no statement in this thread that makes him the worst.

Spokane

Reaction score
That was some amazing Oline help in that video, Tim can move.
I liked the way he reacted to the Oline breaking down

So about 2 minutes of lowlights and that makes him the worst? Are you in 3rd grade?

If that is what it takes to be the worst, I could simply pop out a 5 minute lowlight film of Montana and then he would be the worst?!?!?

So again I ask you folks, what makes Tebow the worst passer/QB, lets go over your hard information!

Spokane

Reaction score
WOW no watch that again and keep an eye on the right tackle, he gets beat down and ran over or blown by on pretty much every play.....WEAK TAPE!

If it was not the right T it was the left that failed and forced him to run. You got to give any QB 3 seconds

pinksheets

Reaction score
He has the worst mechanics and accuracy of any QB in the NFL, in 2011, the one season where he was basically the starter all season, no QB with more than 50 passing attempts had a lower completion rate. In 2010 when he got a handful of starts, the only QB with 50 or more passing attempts with a lower completion rate was John Skelton.

He is just not an NFL passer, period. If you think he can play QB regardless of that, feel free to have tat opinion, Tebow certainly has other qualities, just don't try to tell me he's a good passer.

Sac

Reaction score
...fine...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... assing.htm

2011, the only really relevant sample we have of Tebow has him rated as the 30th highest rated passer in the NFL.

30th.

He was better than Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb. Hoo-ray.

In 2011, he completed 46.5% of his passes.

He had a less than pedestrian 72.9 Passer Rating.

If you look at ESPN's Total QBR which tries to take into account everything a quarterback does his Total QBR is 29.91

For Total QBR 50 is considered average, 100 is considered perfect (also impossible to achieve)

Tebow is far far below average. I'm pretty sure if you're in Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb territory it's safe to say that you suck.

Spokane

Reaction score
pinksheets":16rpoznh said:
He has the worst mechanics of any QB in the NFL
Are you an NFL QB coach to make that mechanics statement with accuracy? I mean really, how many years have you put towards learning and teaching the movements of the arm and body of an NFL QB? (watching youtube tape and sunday football is clearly not good enough for an accurate mechanics statement)

Have you done a full mechanics review off all 100 QBs in the NFL right now to make that statement? Or are you just spouting out random negative information about a guy?

So what you wrote above is an non educated opinion
Lets take a peek on whats below

Again we are focused on the two words that some of you have brought up relating to Tebow and that is "The worst"

In 2010 when he got a handful of starts, the only QB with 50 or more passing attempts with a lower completion rate was John Skelton

The pure fact that Skelton's name was brought up as being worse then Tebow shuts down the idea that Tim is the worst (this makes your creditability look thin)

in 2011, the one season where he was basically the starter all season, no QB with more than 50 passing attempts had a lower completion rate.

For that year and the 50 and over passes box that you put that in, you are right! Good job.
As they say the sophomore slump happens to QBs!

So you have got one stat from 2 years ago that PROVES he is the worst today (some would call that stupid) Come on man are you trying to stat sling a stat slinger?

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3afza9ck said:
...fine...
He was better than Matt Cassel and Kevin Kolb.

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, good job!