QB Problem

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Blanda also played in the day when it was perfectly legal for defensive backs to tackle receivers before the ball was thrown.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Spokane":2yg5w6ce said:
SacHawk2.0":2yg5w6ce said:
Carmon1274":2yg5w6ce said:
Don't get it why people still hate Tim Tebow.

He can throw, (If you still say he can't throw, you're a hater)
He wins games.
Motivates people
Does show leadership
Can run the pistol formation.

Tebow has a 49% career completion rate. What makes you think he CAN throw?

Just because you write something, that does mean it holds value.
The truth holds value, and someone who distorts the truth is not trusted.

What is his Job? Throwing the ball
What has he been paid millions by muti teams to do? Throw the ball
What did he do in high school/college? Throw the ball

Thats what the guy does, and he did it VERY WELL last year!

HE HIT HIS TARGETS WHEN ASKED (75% in 2012). Thats why I know he can throw.

When a guy does his job better then the others, and someone turns and says, "He sucks" Thats a hater.

this is gonna be so damn easy.

He threw 8 passes, completed 6, with an average for 4 yards a throw, no he cannot throw, and it shows because the Jets didn't want him to throw.

in college he ran as much as he threw, go check it out! http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla ... ll_passing

Your ideas of him are wrong, dudes a bum.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Tebow is far from being a bum at the salary he will command if he is let go by the Jets and does not find a team. In fact I would say he is leaps and bounds better than any qb you can draft this year in the fourth round or later.

What this means is that IF we get a good deal on Flynn and Tebow is available at min he is roughly worth a fourth round pick to this team. Nothing to sneeze at.

Don't bother looking at his performance with the Jets, they did not want him to start in case he actually played well and made them look like idiots. He did not get a fair deal there. He performed much better than most backup qbs in the league in Denver and I would have no trouble seeing him finish up a game that rw needed to sit out. Any more than that and we are in trouble no matter who our backup is.

Sum up. Sweet deal for Flynn + tebow released and on his way out of the league+he is willing to take backup job at min = sounds good to me.

Should sound good to you too if you did not listen to what other people tell you to think too.

godawg

Reaction score
What really distinguishes RW, aside from his determination, physical skills and work ethic, is that he is a football genius. He processes information during plays like a high-speed computer.

I'd rather have Vince Young than Tebow, but they seem to share the same problem -- they are dumb as posts when it comes to football IQ. I would much rather have Michael Robinson as a backup QB. He may not have the hype, but he has the smarts.

Throwdown

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":125wvd3j said:
Tebow is far from being a bum at the salary he will command if he is let go by the Jets and does not find a team. In fact I would say he is leaps and bounds better than any qb you can draft this year in the fourth round or later.

What this means is that IF we get a good deal on Flynn and Tebow is available at min he is roughly worth a fourth round pick to this team. Nothing to sneeze at.

Don't bother looking at his performance with the Jets, they did not want him to start in case he actually played well and made them look like idiots. He did not get a fair deal there. He performed much better than most backup qbs in the league in Denver and I would have no trouble seeing him finish up a game that rw needed to sit out. Any more than that and we are in trouble no matter who our backup is.

Sum up. Sweet deal for Flynn + tebow released and on his way out of the league+he is willing to take backup job at min = sounds good to me.

Should sound good to you too if you did not listen to what other people tell you to think too.

A bum is a bum, no matter the price.

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":1zkqvco1 said:
This is why we need a moon walking back tracking icon

SacHawk2.0":1zkqvco1 said:
I never said he couldn't throw. My 5 year old niece can throw. But can she throw well on an NFL level? No.

Look at that, something my 5 year old niece has in common with Tim Tebow.

However on page 2 of this thread you wrote

Are you serious? Sure, Tebow has the intangibles, but that doesn't change the fact that he can't pass. At all.

I don't know if you know this but PC also likes his QBs to be able to throw the ball and read defenses.

Can Tebow do that? Obviously not.

Oh Jesus Christ. If you think I literally meant he is physically incapable of hucking an oblong pig skin then you're truly hopeless.

There's a difference between being able to do something, and being able to do something well.

It's like singing, everyone can do it, not everyone is capable of winning a grammy.

It's also like you attempting to use logic and reason. You're trying, but you're clearly not very good at it.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I don't have time to read through 6 pages of posts, but wanted to comment (so I apologize if this has already been said.) Isn't the hate on Tim Tebow more about what he stands for rather than the criticism of his play? I think the criticism is blown out of proportion by those who despise him in the first place. I'm not accusing anyone here specifically. The OP was correct to report that the Hawks want another mobile QB and even though no player is going to measure up to RW in my opinion (total package of leadership skills, etc.), Tim Tebow would be a very wise pickup for the Seahawks. (I don't think Tim Tebow always has to be thought of as "Wildcat", either.) I think PC might be a coach and the Seahawks an organization that could allow the best to be brought out in Tim Tebow - and Tebow could come in knowing that he's not being asked or even given a shot to carry a team on his shoulders... as has been the case in much of his career.
I saw Josh Johnson's name mentioned somewhere as well as a possible mobile FA QB. Those type guys would be good "IF" Flynn is traded. I would rather have Flynn over any other option, but we're going to have to see if the Hawks can get a trade done to a team where he would have a better chance to get playing time. It would be a huge downgrade from RW to Tebow should he need to play, but Tebow has fire in his gut and off-the-charts leadership. He could manage a team in any absence of RW until 3 could return. I'd still like to see him utilized similarly to how the Dolphins utilized Jim Jenson years ago - and Jensen was the 3rd string QB. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jensen_(wide_receiver)

I think there could be many positives about Tim Tebow to the Hawks. Only if he's clear that it's RW's team and simply comes in as a team guy. I think he is and his teammates have always said that about him. He was just disappointed when he didn't get the opportunity and Greg McElroy did. Would any other player in that position feel any differently? Tim Tebow is a winner. PC likes those kind of guys and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him as a Seahawk. I'm not holding my breath and rooting for that... but, would affirm it being a great addition should it happen.

pinksheets

Reaction score
No, the "hate" on Tebow is not about what he stands for.

Good God, how have so many people bought this narrative? Have people seen the wounded birds he calls passing attempts? He is not a quarterback, because he's not even an average NFL passer.

Sac

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":12ovckbl said:
I don't have time to read through 6 pages of posts, but wanted to comment (so I apologize if this has already been said.) Isn't the hate on Tim Tebow more about what he stands for rather than the criticism of his play? .

Maybe some places, but not here. As an agnostic let me tell you that I don't give 2 shits about his faith or how he wants to express it. If my team needed a quarterback and I thought he fit the bill I wouldn't care how publicly he expressed his faith.

My criticism of him is his sorry completion percentage, inability to quickly diagnose defenses, and propensity for turnovers.

The religious thing....jokes...I'll laugh at, but they don't actually matter.

Spokane

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":u2ne2mzo said:
I don't have time to read through 6 pages of posts.
The upside is you missed nothing!

There are a million other QBs in the NFL that suck more then Tebow, So why all the tough talk for this guy?

It goes back to the idea that we attack the ones above us, to bring them to our level. Is there anyone talking trash about Portis? No. Why? Because you would look like a jerk.

Tebow didn't kick your dog or make out with your girl, but still there is a lot of hate floating around.

For real name one other non seahawk QB you spent this much time focused on his negatives? Or even half? how about a 4th? Never happened.

The question is not "Is he a good QB", the question is why are you so pissed off at a dude you never met? Is the problem you?

pinksheets

Reaction score
The difference is Tim Tebow might be the worst passer of any player designated as a quarterback in the NFL. That's a huge negative worth constantly repeating.

Now, his football instincts are great, and I do think he has a role on an NFL team, I just don't like the idea of a guy who can't pass well as our #2 QB. There are guys who pass better than him I'd like less as our backup, I will say, but not a lot.

Spokane

Reaction score
pinksheets":gnx1z3xy said:
He is not a quarterback, because he's not even an average NFL passer.

OK, so that would make 50% of the so called QBs in the NFL not real QBs. 32 teams X 3 QBs = about 100 QBs in the NFL

So out of the 100 current QBs, how many have you called "not a real QB"? The answer is 1 Tim Tebow.

Its hard to say "Its about his play" when you won't say the same about lesser players.

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":h1vheam6 said:
The upside is you missed nothing!

There are a million other QBs in the NFL that suck more then Tebow, So why all the tough talk for this guy?

It goes back to the idea that we attack the ones above us, to bring them to our level. Is there anyone talking trash about Portis? No. Why? Because you would look like a jerk.

Tebow didn't kick your dog or make out with your girl, but still there is a lot of hate floating around.

For real name one other non seahawk QB you spent this much time focused on his negatives? Or even half? how about a 4th? Never happened.

The question is not "Is he a good QB", the question is why are you so pissed off at a dude you never met? Is the problem you?

No, there aren't a million other QBs. 53 players times 32 teams = 1696 players total, at all positions.

No, it doesn't come back to "attacking those above us". Nobody here feels they are "beneath" Tebow.

Name one other QB we've spent this much time focused on his negatives? Clearly you weren't here for the Carson Palmer to Seattle Rumor days.

I'm not pissed off at Tebow and I don't think anyone else here is either. Most of us just don't think he's a good quarterback. What pisses people off is people like you who insist that we're just haters and don't have any validity to our criticisms, while your arguments are incredibly thin.

Spokane

Reaction score
"the worst passer of any player designated as a quarterback in the NFL" Does not get a $33 million contract.

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":363vet7p said:
"the worst passer of any player designated as a quarterback in the NFL" Does not get a $33 million contract.

Why not? Have you seen Mark Sanchez and JaMarcus Russell? They got a lot more and they were almost as bad as Tebow.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Spokane":1uhg5v1q said:
pinksheets":1uhg5v1q said:

OK, so that would make 50% of the so called QBs in the NFL not real QBs. 32 teams X 3 QBs = about 100 QBs in the NFL

So out of the 100 current QBs, how many have you called "not a real QB"? The answer is 1 Tim Tebow.

Its hard to say "Its about his play" when you won't say the same about lesser players.

How are they lesser? You and I don't know that, stop that.

Spokane

Reaction score
Russell was in a forced rookie contract deal. And the Sanchez deal was what got that GM fired. Still the worst QB in the NFL does not get a 33M contract. So he is not the worst passer of any player designed as a QB.

So if he is not the worst passer and you are calling him the worst passer, you would need a reason to call him "the worst passer" And the reason is...Hate or strong dislike.

Spokane

Reaction score
Throwdown":1m8ksn1e said:
Spokane":1m8ksn1e said:
pinksheets":1m8ksn1e said:

How are they lesser? You and I don't know that, stop that.

For one he is a 2nd stringer (starter before), there are at least 32 3rd stringers plus P squad QBs, so I will stop nothing.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Spokane":223pk5rr said:
pinksheets":223pk5rr said:

Jesus Christ, slow down, buddy. I wasn't making a mathematical statement. I'm saying what would normally be considered average passing ability in the NFL is well above what Tebow is capable of. But if you want to be bizarrely literal about things, I'll just alter my statement to say once again that Tebow is the worst passer of any NFL QB, bar none.

But go ahead and keep twisting statements to make them about something more than football.