QB Problem

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: QB Problem
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:04 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.

Do you have a link where PC says he wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

No where did I say "Pete said yes to Tebow" It is stated everywhere that Pete has said " I want a guy like Wilson"
    No other QB is as close to Wilson as Tebow. You should know that and not nit pick.

WTF, are you Huggyprelag?

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 pm
  • There are multiple sources available where the term "Point Guard Quarterback" is used. I'm not going to do your homework for you though, but I will tell you that Google is your friend.

The point everyone here is trying to clue you in on is that Tebow can't pass for shit. That is a prerequisite to being "Wilson Jr."
    Last edited by SacHawk2.0 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 pm
  • If I were ever to make an extra account, Prelag will be apart of the name! (to this day I have no clue what prelag is or who he was)
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:09 pm
  • He is you, and you are he.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    The point everyone here is trying to clue you in on is that Tebow can't pass for shit. That is a prerequisite to being "Wilson Jr."

He did everything he was asked. THE CLOWN JETS paid him 33 Million to throw the ball 8 times.
    That is on the Jets, case closed.
    Now for Tebow and his passing, the cowboy hit on 75% of his passes. So he can pass for shit :)

Again, when given the chance he hit his targets!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:15 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:He is you, and you are he.

I am ok with that, I was told I can't hold a candle to prelag.

The dude must have been something else
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Who cares what a clown pays to other clowns, they also drafted and paid Sanchez who can't play QB either. They both blow gigantic chunks and I don't want either of them associated with my winning Seahawk team.

So goodnight sweet prince.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:18 pm
  • 6 of 8 last year. A whole 8 attempts.

How about 2011 when, while on the Broncos and had a good running game and defense to support him?

48%

For nearly the whole season.

48%
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 pm
  • I am fine with a Tebow trade (assuming we can't do better, of course), mainly because you could release Tebow the second he reaches the VMAC and you wouldn't have to pay him a dime. Well, unless Tebow's "dead money" number with the Jets applies to us. If it did, then it would be $14 million in savings compared to $9.5 million for releasing Flynn. Anyway, it would give Seattle a clean escape from Flynn's contract, which would save us up to $15.5 million in cap space that will roll into future seasons.

Tebow isn't a good passer, but he is built for a team like ours that is physical, runs the ball, plays great defense, and is used to being surrounded by a tilt the field QB. Tebow may not be pretty to watch, but neither was T-jack and Pete got T-jack to win 5 of his last 8 games here, while playing hurt. And I know it's cliche, but Tebow really is a "winner." He's often a totally different QB in the 4th quarters of games. I compared Wilson to Tebow last May in terms of his background and intangibles. Both faced discrimination because of a trait. Pete wasn't scared by Wilson's height, maybe he won't be scared by Tebow's throwing problems. Maybe Pete can find ways to minimize Tebow's flaws, the same way Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.

Also, it's an extremely thin year in the draft for read option QBs. The few that are decent will probably be long gone by the time Seattle is willing to draft one.
    Last edited by kearly on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:22 pm
  • Peter Lalich!
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:28 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:6 of 8 last year. A whole 8 attempts.

How about 2011 when, while on the Broncos and had a good running game and defense to support him?

48%

For nearly the whole season.

48%

George Blanda HOF QB 47.7%
    Again, many ways to get the job done.

Its all about how you look at the option. An open minded person would say, "Go for it, if we are pumped about a basketball player as a TE, a playoff winning QB should send us through the roof"

But a person who has an anti agenda or just a tool of espn would say "Yeah two NFL teams said yes to him as the answer to the QB question, but come on - he is a FB"
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm
  • Note that both teams who took a chance on him as QB quickly got rid of him or are about to.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm
  • Sac, I wouldn't blindly trust what random scouting reports say if you don't know their work or their reputation. There are a lot of idiots out there.

Peter Lalich played for the same small school that Josh Portis did. He bombed out of two division I schools before that, for alcohol problems. There isn't much on youtube, but what little I've seen I don't get where the excitement comes from. His story, measurables, and available video remind me of BJ Coleman, if Coleman had a drinking problem.

He's not a ZR QB, btw.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:33 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Note that both teams who took a chance on him as QB quickly got rid of him or are about to.

Neither one is particularly known for being imaginative, either. Seattle has taken players weird players like Tebow before, they just didn't play QB.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:36 pm
  • Woudln't trade much of anything for Tim Tebow, but Mike Rob is right, he could be a good fullback with speed, he has the work ethic.

Benefits include: more publicity, and the "True Tim Report".
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:40 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    BBHawks wrote:Here's what I saw when I watched a Jets game: Sanchez would be flailing around, but then would start to get hot. He'd hit a couple of good passes and start to find a rhythm... and then they'd take him to the sideline and bring Tebow in. Tebow would run around a lot and throw an incomplete pass. Then, Sanchez would come in and be cold again.

That's the way the Jets handle a quarterback. Do we really want the Seahawks to handle Russell Wilson this way? I say ride the Russell Wilson train and hope he's healthy for the entire season.

Sounds like a fishy story! Really? Tebow only missed on two passes all year, and thats what you seen and judge him on?

How about being a playoff winning QB? Did you see that?
    How about the many come from behind wins? Did you see that?
    Nope, some people just see what they want, or repeat what they are told.

**What is going to be interesting to find out is if PC and JS are in on the anti Tebow agenda as well. As PC has stated he wants a Wilson JR as the number 2. Everyone and their dog knows Tebow fits the bill better then 99% of the other QBs. When the time comes the media will ask "hey, how about Tebow for that 2nd spot at the right price"

PC will say one of two things, COMPETE or NO. PC has stated he wants a Tebow type, now we will see if he buckles like a tool.

Did you see how few points the Tebow led Broncos scored? Did you see that those 4th quarters comebacks were necessitated by piss poor QB play that created the leagues most anemic passing offense? Did you see his league worst pass completion percentage.

Yes, Tebow is definitely the QB we need, because every team needs a QB that can't throw the ball. I can't imagine a situation so desperate that the solution would Tim Tebow would be the answer. Why the hell would we move from back up a QB who can't run to one that can't throw?
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:41 pm
  • When was the last time a playoff winning NFL QB turned into a NFL FB?

Its like you cats can't see the light! You are being told (and I mean GETTING TOLD) that a playoff winning QB is a FB?

Please tell me you can think for yourselves more then that.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:42 pm
  • kearly wrote:I am fine with a Tebow trade (assuming we can't do better, of course), mainly because you could release Tebow the second he reaches the VMAC and you wouldn't have to pay him a dime. Well, unless Tebow's "dead money" number with the Jets applies to us. If it did, then it would be $14 million in savings compared to $9.5 million for releasing Flynn. Anyway, it would give Seattle a clean escape from Flynn's contract, which would save us up to $15.5 million in cap space that will roll into future seasons.

Tebow isn't a good passer, but he is built for a team like ours that is physical, runs the ball, plays great defense, and is used to being surrounded by a tilt the field QB. Tebow may not be pretty to watch, but neither was T-jack and Pete got T-jack to win 5 of his last 8 games here, while playing hurt. And I know it's cliche, but Tebow really is a "winner." He's often a totally different QB in the 4th quarters of games. I compared Wilson to Tebow last May in terms of his background and intangibles. Both faced discrimination because of a trait. Pete wasn't scared by Wilson's height, maybe he won't be scared by Tebow's throwing problems. Maybe Pete can find ways to minimize Tebow's flaws, the same way Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.

Also, it's an extremely thin year in the draft for read option QBs. The few that are decent will probably be long gone by the time Seattle is willing to draft one.

Spokane, take note! This is how to present a compelling argument as a Tebow fan! :th2thumbs:

Tebow is NOWHERE in the same class as RW IMO!!
    GO SEAHAWKS!!
    grizrgood
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:45 pm
  • copy that
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 pm
  • Kearly, no matter how hard you try to convince me Tebow is what we need for our team, it ain't workin' pal. Tilt the field?.. :lol:

And Pete didn't get jack out of T-Jack, that was all Tavaris' heart and will, not the coach, and I was not a T-Jack supporter.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:53 pm
  • razor150 wrote:Did you see how few points the Tebow led Broncos scored? No I did not. I can't stand denver, and would not waste my time watchingDid you see that those 4th quarters comebacks were necessitated by piss poor QB play that created the leagues most anemic passing offense?Yeeeaaahhh I am sure it is all on the play of one guy, there are 33 men who suit up for 3 different units so yeah the being behind was all on one guy---come on people Did you see his league worst pass completion percentage.From worst to best (75% this year) So.

Yes, Tebow is definitely the QB we need, because every team needs a QB that can't throw the ball. I can't imagine a situation so desperate that the solution would Tim Tebow would be the answer.Let me help you, Denver, New York and Jags Why the hell would we move from back up a QB who can't run to one that can't throw? Again, he did everything he was asked, and still hit 75% of his targets
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:02 pm
  • Spokane wrote:When was the last time a playoff winning NFL QB turned into a NFL FB?

I've seen bad quarterbacks turned into playoff winning FBs. Look at Michael Robinson!
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
  • See the mods got sick of the hating by some of you...lol!

They could not take the Tebow hate on the main fourm. This level of hate needed to be shuffeled to the back room

Good times!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:05 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    Spokane wrote:When was the last time a playoff winning NFL QB turned into a NFL FB?

I've seen bad quarterbacks turned into playoff winning FBs. Look at Michael Robinson!

I have seen water, but that was not the question.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:14 pm
  • He threw 8 times... For 39 yards. 23 of these came off a fake punt.

If you watched Denver then you'd know. He did do some things alright, I think the Steeler's playoff game showed he could at least take the top off of a poor pass defense (can't sell out on the run 100%). But anyways his mechanics have regressed if anything. In the game against us this year he practically took several seconds to wind up. To throw a swing route! Obviously it wasn't a good set up in New York, but you'd like to think he improved in his time, and I don't think he did.

And one guy can make a pretty big difference on a team if that guy is a QB and is terrible. I'd like a QB who is at least half accurate and doesn't come with a circus.

I mean it wouldn't be the worst thing for him to be a third QB, but not on this roster, it's too competitive to want to waste the space in my opinion.

And why in the world am I posting anything about Tim Tebow. I thought I was long past that.
    Last edited by JKent82 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm
  • Dude, this isn't the George Blanda era where 48% can cut it. You want to keep saying 75% all you want but 8 passing attempts means nothing.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:19 pm
  • Thread got moved because it doesn't belong as a Seahawk subject, because 1 person wants clipboard Jesus II.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:21 pm
  • Golden Tate had a 100% completion percentage, averaged 23 yards per attempt and had a QB rating of 158.3 in 2012.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:31 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Golden Tate had a 100% completion percentage, averaged 23 yards per attempt and had a QB rating of 158.3 in 2012.

Golden Tate for QBOTF!!!
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 pm
  • Wildcat sucks. Tebow sucks. Sehawks are awesome. Go Hawks.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm
  • Somebody must have dosed my coffee at work today or something because I could swear there is a Seahawks fan on this board trying to argue that Tim Tebow is almost as good as Russell Wilson. Would somebody please tell me this is a running joke so I'll sleep better tonight?
    BBHawks
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:44 pm
  • I'd rather give Vince Young another shot.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm
  • Tebow is one of the worst passers the league has seen in the last 20 years, easily. And I don't even think he's that good of a runner! The playoff win argument doesn't work because, QBs don't win games, teams do. We might as well sign Seneca Wallace who is much better at passing, and is much more versatile. Can even catch the ball and return punts.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:
    Spokane wrote:Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.

Do you have a link where PC says he wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

No where did I say "Pete said yes to Tebow" It is stated everywhere that Pete has said " I want a guy like Wilson"
    No other QB is as close to Wilson as Tebow. You should know that and not nit pick.

Nit pick? How is Tebow closer to RW than any other QB? He can't throw the stinking ball!

Nor does Tebow have Wilson's brains or commitment....if he did, he would have changed that horrible throwing motion by now.

I'd rather see Seneca in a 'Hawk uni, before I'd see Tebow in one! :stirthepot:
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 pm
  • Don't get it why people still hate Tim Tebow.

He can throw, (If you still say he can't throw, you're a hater)
    He wins games.
    Motivates people
    Does show leadership
    Can run the pistol formation.
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:33 pm
  • Carmon1274 wrote:Don't get it why people still hate Tim Tebow.

He wins games.
    Motivates people
    Does show leadership

You're kidding right? If someone disagrees with you they become a hater? LOL!
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 pm

He wins games.
    Motivates people
    Does show leadership

Tebow has a 49% career completion rate. What makes you think he CAN throw?
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:05 am

He wins games.
    Motivates people
    Does show leadership

Did you watch the game against the Hawks this year? Tebow had difficulty completing a bubble screen pass with zero pressure around him. It was almost embarrassing to watch.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:44 am
  • LymonHawk wrote:
    Carmon1274 wrote:Don't get it why people still hate Tim Tebow.

He wins games.
    Motivates people
    Does show leadership

You're kidding right? If someone disagrees with you they become a hater? LOL!

Throw the glasses on! He did not say "if you disagree with me then you are a hater"
    He said "If you still say he can't throw then you are a hater."

Is that true? Yes! How many people would say George Blanda could not throw? None. So why throw Tebow under the "can't throw" Bus while having better numbers? Hate!

Its not rocket science people, its all about an agenda.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:54 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    Carmon1274 wrote:Don't get it why people still hate Tim Tebow.

He wins games.
    Motivates people
    Does show leadership

Tebow has a 49% career completion rate. What makes you think he CAN throw?

Just because you write something, that does mean it holds value.
    The truth holds value, and someone who distorts the truth is not trusted.

What is his Job? Throwing the ball
    What has he been paid millions by muti teams to do? Throw the ball
    What did he do in high school/college? Throw the ball

Thats what the guy does, and he did it VERY WELL last year!

HE HIT HIS TARGETS WHEN ASKED (75% in 2012). Thats why I know he can throw.

When a guy does his job better then the others, and someone turns and says, "He sucks" Thats a hater.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:56 am
  • Tebow ain't worth signing, and he ain't worth hating. Let him rot on the Jets and get on with life, he isn't the center of it.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:03 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    Is that true? Yes! How many people would say George Blanda could not throw? None. So why throw Tebow under the "can't throw" Bus while having better numbers? Hate!

Its not rocket science people, its all about an agenda.

Dude, you're making an apples and oranges comparison. For comparisons sake here are George Blanda's career stats.

1911 of 4007 (47%) for 26,920 yards and 236 TD's. Do you know how long it took him to do that?

26 years

Do you know how many int's he had? 277. That's 41 more INT's than TD's.

You're saying that if Blanda is a hall of famer then Tebow is for sure a good QB because their numbers are comparable? C'mon man.

Blanda was good for the era he played in. He would not make an NFL squad today. The game is so much different than when Blanda played, the offenses and defenses are both far more complex. Just the terminology can be mind blowing.

Spokane wrote:
    Thats what the guy does, and he did it VERY WELL last year!

HE HIT HIS TARGETS WHEN ASKED (75% in 2012). Thats why I know he can throw.

Why do you think 8 passing attempts is relevant? Seriously. Golden Tate completed 100% of the passes he attempted last year? Why don't we just make him the backup QB?

Tebow belongs at home on the couch.

And the only person here with an "agenda" is you and your trolling ways.
    Last edited by SacHawk2.0 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 am

He wins games.
    Motivates people
    Does show leadership

I can tell you why they still hate Tebow.
    Its almost socially acceptable to attack the ones above us. If we attack the ones below us we look like jerks.

Tebow holds himself to high standards, some don't like those standards and would like to bring him down to their level
    Example...ESPN offering one million cash for a lady to pop out of the woodworks to say she had sex with him"

Now thats embarrassing! Truth be told the only thing worse then attacking someone, is blindly following an attacker.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:13 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:You're saying that if Blanda is a hall of famer then Tebow is for sure a good QB because their numbers are comparable? C'mon man.

Why do you think 8 passing attempts is relevant? Seriously. Golden Tate completed 100% of the passes he attempted last year? Why don't we just make him the backup QB?

Where did I say that? You just went off on some crazy rant about nothing I said
    I said "did anyone say Blanda could not throw" The answer (like it should be for Tebow) is no.

You make stuff up. Not on my watch

His 75% is relevent due to that was the body of work that they allowed him. Do you want to start making up numbers for the last year? Or do you want to talk about what really went down. He did an amazing job when givin the chance.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    I can tell you why they still hate Tebow.
    Its almost socially acceptable to attack the ones above us. If we attack the ones below us we look like jerks.

That's not why we're disagreeing with you. It's not hate, or hating. And Tebow certainly isn't "above me" or "below me". We disagree with you because we don't think he's a good Quarterback. At all. That's not hating, that's called a difference of opinion. Ours is informed by watching the guy play and stink up the field and be terribly inaccurate. Your opinion is informed by him competing 6 of 8 passing attempts for 39 yards, 23 of which came on a fake punt while ignoring the fact that he sucked something awful while in Denver.

His 75% is relevent due to that was the body of work that they allowed him. Do you want to start making up numbers for the last year? Or do you want to talk about what really went down. He did an amazing job when givin the chance.

No dude, 8 attempts is not a significant enough sample size. If you think it is then why aren't you clamoring for Golden Tate as backup QB?
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:28 am
  • Some said the same thing about Flynns example size. But you have to work with the information provided. And the information said he did good at passing!

At least you admit he is a QB, now you just have to work out the back tracking of how a QB can not throw.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:29 am
  • I never said he couldn't throw. My 5 year old niece can throw. But can she throw well on an NFL level? No.

Look at that, something my 5 year old niece has in common with Tim Tebow.
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:21 am
  • This is why we need a moon walking back tracking icon

SacHawk2.0 wrote:I never said he couldn't throw. My 5 year old niece can throw. But can she throw well on an NFL level? No.

Look at that, something my 5 year old niece has in common with Tim Tebow.

However on page 2 of this thread you wrote

Are you serious? Sure, Tebow has the intangibles, but that doesn't change the fact that he can't pass. At all.

I don't know if you know this but PC also likes his QBs to be able to throw the ball and read defenses.

Can Tebow do that? Obviously not.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:18 am
  • I love how it always comes back to the insinuation that people don't like him because he's an evangelical.

Tebow can't pass at an NFL level. That's just how it is. Reality is going to hit that he can either find a role to fill on a team besides being the quarterback, or he can go play in arenas.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:54 am
  • George Blanda did not get into the HOF because of his passing stats...AND YOU KNOW IT! :141847_bnono:

He went in the HOF primarily on his kicking prowess and longevity in the game. (He played for 26 years, had most PATs, most years scoring, etc.)

Spokane: You think you're the only old-timer around here? LOL!

You want to compare Blanda v. Tebow? How many extra points has Tebow kicked?
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information