QB Problem

BBHawks

Reaction score
Somebody must have dosed my coffee at work today or something because I could swear there is a Seahawks fan on this board trying to argue that Tim Tebow is almost as good as Russell Wilson. Would somebody please tell me this is a running joke so I'll sleep better tonight?

ensett

Reaction score
Tebow is one of the worst passers the league has seen in the last 20 years, easily. And I don't even think he's that good of a runner! The playoff win argument doesn't work because, QBs don't win games, teams do. We might as well sign Seneca Wallace who is much better at passing, and is much more versatile. Can even catch the ball and return punts.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Spokane":2p4myozq said:
LymonHawk":2p4myozq said:
Spokane":2p4myozq said:
Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.

Do you have a link where PC says he wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

No where did I say "Pete said yes to Tebow" It is stated everywhere that Pete has said " I want a guy like Wilson"
No other QB is as close to Wilson as Tebow. You should know that and not nit pick.

Nit pick? How is Tebow closer to RW than any other QB? He can't throw the stinking ball!

Nor does Tebow have Wilson's brains or commitment....if he did, he would have changed that horrible throwing motion by now.

I'd rather see Seneca in a 'Hawk uni, before I'd see Tebow in one! :stirthepot:

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Don't get it why people still hate Tim Tebow.

He can throw, (If you still say he can't throw, you're a hater)
He wins games.
Motivates people
Does show leadership
Can run the pistol formation.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Carmon1274":7iah6u75 said:

He wins games.
Motivates people
Does show leadership

You're kidding right? If someone disagrees with you they become a hater? LOL!

Sac

Reaction score
Carmon1274":1g1qt10t said:

He wins games.
Motivates people
Does show leadership

Tebow has a 49% career completion rate. What makes you think he CAN throw?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Carmon1274":3s3pfw3c said:

He wins games.
Motivates people
Does show leadership

Did you watch the game against the Hawks this year? Tebow had difficulty completing a bubble screen pass with zero pressure around him. It was almost embarrassing to watch.

Spokane

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1s04ra5e said:
Carmon1274":1s04ra5e said:

He wins games.
Motivates people
Does show leadership

You're kidding right? If someone disagrees with you they become a hater? LOL!

Throw the glasses on! He did not say "if you disagree with me then you are a hater"
He said "If you still say he can't throw then you are a hater."

Is that true? Yes! How many people would say George Blanda could not throw? None. So why throw Tebow under the "can't throw" Bus while having better numbers? Hate!

Its not rocket science people, its all about an agenda.

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":18w5j8ur said:
Carmon1274":18w5j8ur said:

He wins games.
Motivates people
Does show leadership

Tebow has a 49% career completion rate. What makes you think he CAN throw?

Just because you write something, that does mean it holds value.
The truth holds value, and someone who distorts the truth is not trusted.

What is his Job? Throwing the ball
What has he been paid millions by muti teams to do? Throw the ball
What did he do in high school/college? Throw the ball

Thats what the guy does, and he did it VERY WELL last year!

HE HIT HIS TARGETS WHEN ASKED (75% in 2012). Thats why I know he can throw.

When a guy does his job better then the others, and someone turns and says, "He sucks" Thats a hater.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Tebow ain't worth signing, and he ain't worth hating. Let him rot on the Jets and get on with life, he isn't the center of it.

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":2mxmcv4i said:
Is that true? Yes! How many people would say George Blanda could not throw? None. So why throw Tebow under the "can't throw" Bus while having better numbers? Hate!

Its not rocket science people, its all about an agenda.

Dude, you're making an apples and oranges comparison. For comparisons sake here are George Blanda's career stats.

1911 of 4007 (47%) for 26,920 yards and 236 TD's. Do you know how long it took him to do that?

26 years

Do you know how many int's he had? 277. That's 41 more INT's than TD's.

You're saying that if Blanda is a hall of famer then Tebow is for sure a good QB because their numbers are comparable? C'mon man.

Blanda was good for the era he played in. He would not make an NFL squad today. The game is so much different than when Blanda played, the offenses and defenses are both far more complex. Just the terminology can be mind blowing.

Spokane":2mxmcv4i said:
Thats what the guy does, and he did it VERY WELL last year!

HE HIT HIS TARGETS WHEN ASKED (75% in 2012). Thats why I know he can throw.

Why do you think 8 passing attempts is relevant? Seriously. Golden Tate completed 100% of the passes he attempted last year? Why don't we just make him the backup QB?

Tebow belongs at home on the couch.

And the only person here with an "agenda" is you and your trolling ways.

Spokane

Reaction score
Carmon1274":18lk8tep said:

He wins games.
Motivates people
Does show leadership

I can tell you why they still hate Tebow.
Its almost socially acceptable to attack the ones above us. If we attack the ones below us we look like jerks.

Tebow holds himself to high standards, some don't like those standards and would like to bring him down to their level
Example...ESPN offering one million cash for a lady to pop out of the woodworks to say she had sex with him"

Now thats embarrassing! Truth be told the only thing worse then attacking someone, is blindly following an attacker.

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1u1kek5l said:
You're saying that if Blanda is a hall of famer then Tebow is for sure a good QB because their numbers are comparable? C'mon man.

Why do you think 8 passing attempts is relevant? Seriously. Golden Tate completed 100% of the passes he attempted last year? Why don't we just make him the backup QB?

Where did I say that? You just went off on some crazy rant about nothing I said
I said "did anyone say Blanda could not throw" The answer (like it should be for Tebow) is no.

You make stuff up. Not on my watch

His 75% is relevent due to that was the body of work that they allowed him. Do you want to start making up numbers for the last year? Or do you want to talk about what really went down. He did an amazing job when givin the chance.

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":29i7yy0v said:
I can tell you why they still hate Tebow.
Its almost socially acceptable to attack the ones above us. If we attack the ones below us we look like jerks.

That's not why we're disagreeing with you. It's not hate, or hating. And Tebow certainly isn't "above me" or "below me". We disagree with you because we don't think he's a good Quarterback. At all. That's not hating, that's called a difference of opinion. Ours is informed by watching the guy play and stink up the field and be terribly inaccurate. Your opinion is informed by him competing 6 of 8 passing attempts for 39 yards, 23 of which came on a fake punt while ignoring the fact that he sucked something awful while in Denver.

His 75% is relevent due to that was the body of work that they allowed him. Do you want to start making up numbers for the last year? Or do you want to talk about what really went down. He did an amazing job when givin the chance.

No dude, 8 attempts is not a significant enough sample size. If you think it is then why aren't you clamoring for Golden Tate as backup QB?

Spokane

Reaction score
Some said the same thing about Flynns example size. But you have to work with the information provided. And the information said he did good at passing!

At least you admit he is a QB, now you just have to work out the back tracking of how a QB can not throw.

Sac

Reaction score
I never said he couldn't throw. My 5 year old niece can throw. But can she throw well on an NFL level? No.

Look at that, something my 5 year old niece has in common with Tim Tebow.

Spokane

Reaction score
This is why we need a moon walking back tracking icon

SacHawk2.0":84punhjz said:
I never said he couldn't throw. My 5 year old niece can throw. But can she throw well on an NFL level? No.

Look at that, something my 5 year old niece has in common with Tim Tebow.

However on page 2 of this thread you wrote

Are you serious? Sure, Tebow has the intangibles, but that doesn't change the fact that he can't pass. At all.

I don't know if you know this but PC also likes his QBs to be able to throw the ball and read defenses.

Can Tebow do that? Obviously not.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I love how it always comes back to the insinuation that people don't like him because he's an evangelical.

Tebow can't pass at an NFL level. That's just how it is. Reality is going to hit that he can either find a role to fill on a team besides being the quarterback, or he can go play in arenas.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
George Blanda did not get into the HOF because of his passing stats...AND YOU KNOW IT! :141847_bnono:

He went in the HOF primarily on his kicking prowess and longevity in the game. (He played for 26 years, had most PATs, most years scoring, etc.)

Spokane: You think you're the only old-timer around here? LOL!

You want to compare Blanda v. Tebow? How many extra points has Tebow kicked?