I think the "flyer" should be taken on Desmond Bryant....

Paschtorian

Reaction score
I realize this guy has some off-field issues,....but,...........

....I (also) see him as someone with a chip on his shoulder, who (in the right environment) could dominate at his position for a few years.

The Seahawks, this team, the Emerald City;................get this guy out of Oakland and he WILL excel.

I don't know,......youth,......environment,...........discipline,......whatever!

I say bring him in.

The more "attitude" the better.

kearly

Reaction score
Yes, ellipses are best used in moderation.

Saw a news report on NFL network that said the Browns are going to be one of the teams going after Bryant. The Browns have $40 million in cap space. Could get interesting.

nategreat

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":7dm435l5 said:
Excessive use of periods. 15 yards.

This is America, I say use as many as you want! This isn't Canada. :thirishdrinkers:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":9kvjxfgq said:

Saw a news report on NFL network that said the Browns are going to be one of the teams going after Bryant. The Browns have $40 million in cap space. Could get interesting.

The downside...you have to play in Cleveland.

nfcwizard

Reaction score
Bring his ass in, and Jason Jones.. I'm cool wiht letting Branch go.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Desmond Bryant would work fine but I'd take a look at Vance Walker from the Falcons too.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Unfortunately due to Melton and Starks getting tagged Bryant is one of the most attractive FA DTs. It will cost a lot more than a flyer to bring him in

Sac

Reaction score
That's ok. Dude may act like a dummy but he's a harvard grad that got in on an academic scholarship and a 4.2 gpa. Dude is smart.

I don't think he goes to Cleveland based on that alone.

I can definitely see him in Seahawk blue next year.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I want a guy that does better than 100%. Especially because it is impossible. Therefore he will equate to a difference maker on this Dline. After we win the Super Bowl I will point to his 4.2 g.p.a at Harvard and reminisce about how I predicted his success.

kf3339

Reaction score
kearly":3fntfrm1 said:

Yes, it will be interesting to see if he gets a better offer from the Browns or any other bottom feeder team and takes it. Or does he go for a slightly less possible offer from the Hawks where he still gets a great contract, but also gets to play for a serious Super Bowl championship contender.

I wonder what 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% of the other NFL players in his position would go for? Especially those with a Harvard education, which are few in numbers.

pinksheets

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3gqrv3ul said:
That's ok. Dude may act like a dummy but he's a harvard grad that got in on an academic scholarship and a 4.2 gpa. Dude is smart.

I don't think he goes to Cleveland based on that alone.

I can definitely see him in Seahawk blue next year.
Doesn't Harvard disown any alum who enter the city limits of Cleveland?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":yua1bp2f said:
kearly":yua1bp2f said:

The downside...you have to play in Cleveland.
Truth.

Interesting. Cleveland has aggressive ownership trying to recreate Pittsburgh in a single off season, and they must see Bryant as a good 3-4 DE. I wonder if Seattle sees him the same way?

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":m35r1n3y said:
4.2? What is this the new math?

You can now graduate with gpa's greater then the old 4.0 "staight A's" of my day. My son's a freshman and is pulling a 4.2. Some high schools (luckily ours) offer AP (advanced placement) and even IB (International Baccalaureate) programs that give the gifted kids, or even the not-so-gifted kids who just have the desire and work ethic, an opportunity to break away from the pack and study at a higher level than the norm. These classes carry a higher credit "weight" or can be considered college level. IE: my 14 yo freshman son is getting an A+ in Algebra II Pre-IB so this carries more weight than some of his buddies who might be getting an A in the standard freshman Algebra...

An academic scholarship with a 4.2 says Desmond Bryant is a highly intelligent dude with a work ethic... that alone, not to mention the athletic talent, impresses me.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Well let's git'er done then! Pete reads this forum because he knows I post here. This is as good as done guys. Desmond will soon be a Hawk. :mrgreen:

The Radish

Reaction score
I agree about taking a flyer on this guy. Right over the top of him and look for greener fields on the other side of the fence.

:roll:

Latest posts