QB Problem

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":o98eu3af said:
6 of 8 last year. A whole 8 attempts.

How about 2011 when, while on the Broncos and had a good running game and defense to support him?

48%

For nearly the whole season.

48%
George Blanda HOF QB 47.7%
Again, many ways to get the job done.

Its all about how you look at the option. An open minded person would say, "Go for it, if we are pumped about a basketball player as a TE, a playoff winning QB should send us through the roof"

But a person who has an anti agenda or just a tool of espn would say "Yeah two NFL teams said yes to him as the answer to the QB question, but come on - he is a FB"

pinksheets

Reaction score
Note that both teams who took a chance on him as QB quickly got rid of him or are about to.

kearly

Reaction score
Sac, I wouldn't blindly trust what random scouting reports say if you don't know their work or their reputation. There are a lot of idiots out there.

Peter Lalich played for the same small school that Josh Portis did. He bombed out of two division I schools before that, for alcohol problems. There isn't much on youtube, but what little I've seen I don't get where the excitement comes from. His story, measurables, and available video remind me of BJ Coleman, if Coleman had a drinking problem.

He's not a ZR QB, btw.

kearly

Reaction score
pinksheets":c3q3rsi2 said:
Note that both teams who took a chance on him as QB quickly got rid of him or are about to.

Neither one is particularly known for being imaginative, either. Seattle has taken players weird players like Tebow before, they just didn't play QB.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Woudln't trade much of anything for Tim Tebow, but Mike Rob is right, he could be a good fullback with speed, he has the work ethic.

Benefits include: more publicity, and the "True Tim Report".

razor150

Reaction score
Spokane":fe0kflbl said:
BBHawks":fe0kflbl said:
Here's what I saw when I watched a Jets game: Sanchez would be flailing around, but then would start to get hot. He'd hit a couple of good passes and start to find a rhythm... and then they'd take him to the sideline and bring Tebow in. Tebow would run around a lot and throw an incomplete pass. Then, Sanchez would come in and be cold again.

That's the way the Jets handle a quarterback. Do we really want the Seahawks to handle Russell Wilson this way? I say ride the Russell Wilson train and hope he's healthy for the entire season.

Sounds like a fishy story! Really? Tebow only missed on two passes all year, and thats what you seen and judge him on?

How about being a playoff winning QB? Did you see that?
How about the many come from behind wins? Did you see that?
Nope, some people just see what they want, or repeat what they are told.

**What is going to be interesting to find out is if PC and JS are in on the anti Tebow agenda as well. As PC has stated he wants a Wilson JR as the number 2. Everyone and their dog knows Tebow fits the bill better then 99% of the other QBs. When the time comes the media will ask "hey, how about Tebow for that 2nd spot at the right price"

PC will say one of two things, COMPETE or NO. PC has stated he wants a Tebow type, now we will see if he buckles like a tool.

Did you see how few points the Tebow led Broncos scored? Did you see that those 4th quarters comebacks were necessitated by piss poor QB play that created the leagues most anemic passing offense? Did you see his league worst pass completion percentage.

Yes, Tebow is definitely the QB we need, because every team needs a QB that can't throw the ball. I can't imagine a situation so desperate that the solution would Tim Tebow would be the answer. Why the hell would we move from back up a QB who can't run to one that can't throw?

Spokane

Reaction score
When was the last time a playoff winning NFL QB turned into a NFL FB?

Its like you cats can't see the light! You are being told (and I mean GETTING TOLD) that a playoff winning QB is a FB?

Please tell me you can think for yourselves more then that.

grizrgood

Reaction score
kearly":3k7numff said:
I am fine with a Tebow trade (assuming we can't do better, of course), mainly because you could release Tebow the second he reaches the VMAC and you wouldn't have to pay him a dime. Well, unless Tebow's "dead money" number with the Jets applies to us. If it did, then it would be $14 million in savings compared to $9.5 million for releasing Flynn. Anyway, it would give Seattle a clean escape from Flynn's contract, which would save us up to $15.5 million in cap space that will roll into future seasons.

Tebow isn't a good passer, but he is built for a team like ours that is physical, runs the ball, plays great defense, and is used to being surrounded by a tilt the field QB. Tebow may not be pretty to watch, but neither was T-jack and Pete got T-jack to win 5 of his last 8 games here, while playing hurt. And I know it's cliche, but Tebow really is a "winner." He's often a totally different QB in the 4th quarters of games. I compared Wilson to Tebow last May in terms of his background and intangibles. Both faced discrimination because of a trait. Pete wasn't scared by Wilson's height, maybe he won't be scared by Tebow's throwing problems. Maybe Pete can find ways to minimize Tebow's flaws, the same way Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.

Also, it's an extremely thin year in the draft for read option QBs. The few that are decent will probably be long gone by the time Seattle is willing to draft one.

Spokane, take note! This is how to present a compelling argument as a Tebow fan! :th2thumbs:

Tebow is NOWHERE in the same class as RW IMO!!

Largent80

Reaction score
Kearly, no matter how hard you try to convince me Tebow is what we need for our team, it ain't workin' pal. Tilt the field?.. :lol:

And Pete didn't get jack out of T-Jack, that was all Tavaris' heart and will, not the coach, and I was not a T-Jack supporter.

Spokane

Reaction score
razor150":2aep3wvm said:
Did you see how few points the Tebow led Broncos scored? No I did not. I can't stand denver, and would not waste my time watchingDid you see that those 4th quarters comebacks were necessitated by piss poor QB play that created the leagues most anemic passing offense?Yeeeaaahhh I am sure it is all on the play of one guy, there are 33 men who suit up for 3 different units so yeah the being behind was all on one guy---come on people Did you see his league worst pass completion percentage.From worst to best (75% this year) So.

Yes, Tebow is definitely the QB we need, because every team needs a QB that can't throw the ball. I can't imagine a situation so desperate that the solution would Tim Tebow would be the answer.Let me help you, Denver, New York and Jags Why the hell would we move from back up a QB who can't run to one that can't throw? Again, he did everything he was asked, and still hit 75% of his targets

Sac

Reaction score
Spokane":38lge58d said:

I've seen bad quarterbacks turned into playoff winning FBs. Look at Michael Robinson!

Spokane

Reaction score
See the mods got sick of the hating by some of you...lol!

They could not take the Tebow hate on the main fourm. This level of hate needed to be shuffeled to the back room

Good times!

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2c2tfhj4 said:
Spokane":2c2tfhj4 said:

I've seen bad quarterbacks turned into playoff winning FBs. Look at Michael Robinson!

I have seen water, but that was not the question.

JKent82

Reaction score
He threw 8 times... For 39 yards. 23 of these came off a fake punt.

If you watched Denver then you'd know. He did do some things alright, I think the Steeler's playoff game showed he could at least take the top off of a poor pass defense (can't sell out on the run 100%). But anyways his mechanics have regressed if anything. In the game against us this year he practically took several seconds to wind up. To throw a swing route! Obviously it wasn't a good set up in New York, but you'd like to think he improved in his time, and I don't think he did.

And one guy can make a pretty big difference on a team if that guy is a QB and is terrible. I'd like a QB who is at least half accurate and doesn't come with a circus.

I mean it wouldn't be the worst thing for him to be a third QB, but not on this roster, it's too competitive to want to waste the space in my opinion.

And why in the world am I posting anything about Tim Tebow. I thought I was long past that.

Sac

Reaction score
Dude, this isn't the George Blanda era where 48% can cut it. You want to keep saying 75% all you want but 8 passing attempts means nothing.

Largent80

Reaction score
Thread got moved because it doesn't belong as a Seahawk subject, because 1 person wants clipboard Jesus II.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Golden Tate had a 100% completion percentage, averaged 23 yards per attempt and had a QB rating of 158.3 in 2012.

Sac

Reaction score
pinksheets":2mcpmkzf said:
Golden Tate had a 100% completion percentage, averaged 23 yards per attempt and had a QB rating of 158.3 in 2012.

Golden Tate for QBOTF!!!