Kirwan Mock: Tavon Austin

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
That is really an interesting pick. Kirwan is really close to Pete and he wouldn't just select a random player for us in his mock. And, he knows our Seahawks way more than other "experts"

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2s27ifdp said:
That is really an interesting pick. Kirwan is really close to Pete and he wouldn't just select a random player for us in his mock. And, he knows our Seahawks way more than other "experts"

Yep, he definitely has an inside slant. Not saying he knows anything, but he definitely knows how Pete ticks.

I've said all along a guy like Austin still on the board at #25 would be really hard to pass up.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think Austin at #25 is likely or anything, but I think people should prepare themselves for it. I think the odds of the Rams taking Austin at #22 are ten times higher than the odds of Seattle taking him at #25.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":1svpvtad said:
I don't think Austin at #25 is likely or anything, but I think people should prepare themselves for it. I think the odds of the Rams taking Austin at #22 are ten times higher than the odds of Seattle taking him at #25.

Agreed.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
McGruff":129epv78 said:
Kirwan had us taking Keuchly last year.

....who they seriously considered. Schneider said as much post draft. They considered Kuechly and Barron.

Kuechly was off the board when we picked, by the way.

Erebus

Reaction score
I doubt Pete would give him any actual names they are considering.

So its either misinformation or an educated guess based on what he knows of Pete.

ivotuk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":20si0g9p said:
ivotuk":20si0g9p said:
Booo... Austin has talent but we have much more pressing needs.

Such as...?

If you are going to answer DT and DE, what if I say those are addressed in free agency? :eek:

I'd say "Whoohoo!"

But I don't see anyone in free agency that is a long term answer, and that at the same time wouldn't also screw up our ability to sign our own, long term (ET, Kam, BB, Sherm et al). So I would prefer we address DL @ 25 & 56. My choices are Short at 25 and if possible, Lemonier at 56, or even trade up in the 2nd if he makes it far enough to get Corey.

After that, it's all TE/WR! Yea baby! :thirishdrinkers:

lukerguy

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1oh8etp3 said:
Did Kirwan have us drafting Bruce Irvin last year?

No, but the two players JS said he had ahead of Irvin were Luke Keuchly and Mark Barron.

Your post is mocking someone, but the fact is Kirwan has a good idea of who PC likes. If he picks Austin for us, I definitely think he could be an option if the Rams (or someone else) don't take him.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
ivotuk":1s8szmaf said:
FlyingGreg":1s8szmaf said:
ivotuk":1s8szmaf said:
Booo... Austin has talent but we have much more pressing needs.

Such as...?

If you are going to answer DT and DE, what if I say those are addressed in free agency? :eek:

I'd say "Whoohoo!"

But I don't see anyone in free agency that is a long term answer, and that at the same time wouldn't also screw up our ability to sign our own, long term (ET, Kam, BB, Sherm et al). So I would prefer we address DL @ 25 & 56. My choices are Short at 25 and if possible, Lemonier at 56, or even trade up in the 2nd if he makes it far enough to get Corey.

After that, it's all TE/WR! Yea baby! :thirishdrinkers:

Fair enough...

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
lukerguy":3rsjxlb7 said:
T-Sizzle":3rsjxlb7 said:
Did Kirwan have us drafting Bruce Irvin last year?

No, but the two players JS said he had ahead of Irvin were Luke Keuchly and Mark Barron.

Your post is mocking someone, but the fact is Kirwan has a good idea of who PC likes. If he picks Austin for us, I definitely think he could be an option if the Rams (or someone else) don't take him.

Being honest is not mocking.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate the pick. In fact, I don't know if I could hate any pick they make. They have totally bought my patience...

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2cw4w5gl said:
kearly":2cw4w5gl said:

Agreed.
Yes, this seems likely and could be the sum of all fears.

But, if the Hawks do happen to land Tavon Austin... I will be flagged for excessive exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts