cowboys open to tradeing Spencer.

suppaball

Reaction score
I think he would be a great leo if Clemons can't come back at 100%. Thoughts on this.

Winterfell

Reaction score
Hmm, I might be wrong but didn't the Cowboys tag Spencer? So if we were to trade with the Cowboys wouldn't it cost us at least 1 or 2 first round picks (or something like that)?

I think it might be too much to give up for a player who is about to hit 30.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Winterfell":il9kx6t2 said:
Hmm, I might be wrong but didn't the Cowboys tag Spencer? So if we were to trade with the Cowboys wouldn't it cost us at least 1 or 2 first round picks (or something like that)?

He was tagged. If they traded him we would be on hook for his salary of 10.62 million next year. Sorry, no deal. Clem gets 6 million next year.

No draft picks. You're thinking of the "non-exclusive" franchise tag. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

Basis4day

Reaction score
suppaball":cck8f643 said:
I think he would be a great leo if Clemons can't come back at 100%. Thoughts on this.

Irvin will be the Leo. Mark it.

Winterfell

Reaction score
Basis4day":2q9nyko5 said:
Winterfell":2q9nyko5 said:

He was tagged. If they traded him we would be on hook for his salary of 10.62 million next year. Sorry, no deal. Clem gets 6 million next year.

No draft picks. You're thinking of the "non-exclusive" franchise tag. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

Aha, thanks for clearing that up!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Hate to Hijack but was I high as a kite this morning or was there a rumor thread involving kam and dez bryant that has since dissappeared?

drdiags

Reaction score
SNDavidson":i8ugeq1m said:
Hate to Hijack but was I high as a kite this morning or was there a rumor thread involving kam and dez bryant that has since dissappeared?

It was removed. Only place it showed up was in the comment section of PFT and the articles that claimed something was in work didn't exist.

Latest posts