QB Problem

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":e27ro35u said:
Says the guy that thinks he knows what PC wants/Tebow

I am only saying what Pete said. And he said he wants a Wilson JR.
Tebow is not as good as Wilson, but they are as close as you will find.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Spokane":2czdotz5 said:
SacHawk2.0":2czdotz5 said:

I am only saying what Pete said. And he said he wants a Wison JR.
Tebow is not as good as Wison, but they are as close as you will find.

Pete also said that Tebow as a backup quarterback is a distraction and felt it was detrimental to Sanchez in NY.....but don't read anything into that, it doesn't fit your philosophy of what "pete" wants

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Spokane":1smghiri said:
Missing_Clink":1smghiri said:
he is not a viable NFL level QB.

He won a playoff game right?
He found a way to get hired as a NFL QB, twice and paid fat
He was able to bring his team back from a losing score

So hate aside, he is a viable NFL QB.

Quote my entire post and respond.

Sac

Reaction score
No, they aren't as close as you'll find.

PC wants a point guard QB, which is what Wilson is. Aside from being able to run, good leadership skills and Jesus, they have nothing in common. RW tied the rookie record for TD passes and had a 100 QB rating on the year.

Tebow couldn't do that. Ever. He is unsound in a fundamental way in his mechanics and clearly doesn't read defenses well.

They aren't close. At all. And they never will be.

Spokane

Reaction score
kidhawk":15ts1ehz said:
Spokane":15ts1ehz said:
SacHawk2.0":15ts1ehz said:

I am only saying what Pete said. And he said he wants a Wison JR.
Tebow is not as good as Wison, but they are as close as you will find.

Pete also said that Tebow as a backup quarterback is a distraction and felt it was detrimental to Sanchez in NY.....but don't read anything into that, it doesn't fit your philosophy of what "pete" wants

What do you think Pete would have said about TO ten years ago? "A distration"
Still hired him. Its about need, not the media.
And if Sanchez would let the media change him in any way, then the wind would be detrimental to him, who cares.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Tebow is not close to RW, but if he is cut by the jets and we get a steal on a Flynn trade I have no qualms about bringing him in as a vet min backup.

No wildcat, just a backup.

I would never trade Flynn for Tebow and his current contract.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't see why being an effective passer isn't a key aspect of being a 'Wilson JR'.

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3eh257e8 said:
PC wants a point guard QB, which is what Wilson is. Aside from being able to run, good leadership skills and Jesus, they have nothing in common.Do you have a link where PC says he wants guard QB? Or do you have a special 'source'?

RW tied the rookie record for TD passes and had a 100 QB rating on the year. Flynn, Tjack and who ever else PC has hired as a QB did not break the TD rookie record, So that means nothing

Tebow couldn't do that. Ever. He is unsound in a fundamental way in his mechanics and clearly doesn't read defenses well.

How many years have you been a QB coach? Many different styles get the job done in the NFL

Largent80

Reaction score
Spokane":ym1wzhol said:
LymonHawk":ym1wzhol said:
Spokane":ym1wzhol said:
Yes to Tebow as a Seahawk! He is what we need! Or do you know more then PC about the team? If so blab on why we don't need him.

Do you have a link where PC says he wants Tebow? Or do you have a special 'source'?

No where did I say "Pete said yes to Tebow" It is stated everywhere that Pete has said " I want a guy like Wilson"
No other QB is as close to Wilson as Tebow. You should know that and not nit pick.

WTF, are you Huggyprelag?

Sac

Reaction score
There are multiple sources available where the term "Point Guard Quarterback" is used. I'm not going to do your homework for you though, but I will tell you that Google is your friend.

The point everyone here is trying to clue you in on is that Tebow can't pass for shit. That is a prerequisite to being "Wilson Jr."

Spokane

Reaction score
If I were ever to make an extra account, Prelag will be apart of the name! (to this day I have no clue what prelag is or who he was)

Spokane

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3vpmvu7l said:
The point everyone here is trying to clue you in on is that Tebow can't pass for shit. That is a prerequisite to being "Wilson Jr."

He did everything he was asked. THE CLOWN JETS paid him 33 Million to throw the ball 8 times.
That is on the Jets, case closed.
Now for Tebow and his passing, the cowboy hit on 75% of his passes. So he can pass for shit :)

Again, when given the chance he hit his targets!

Spokane

Reaction score
pinksheets":2s3ttfcl said:
He is you, and you are he.

I am ok with that, I was told I can't hold a candle to prelag.

The dude must have been something else

Largent80

Reaction score
Who cares what a clown pays to other clowns, they also drafted and paid Sanchez who can't play QB either. They both blow gigantic chunks and I don't want either of them associated with my winning Seahawk team.

So goodnight sweet prince.

Sac

Reaction score
6 of 8 last year. A whole 8 attempts.

How about 2011 when, while on the Broncos and had a good running game and defense to support him?

48%

For nearly the whole season.

48%

kearly

Reaction score
I am fine with a Tebow trade (assuming we can't do better, of course), mainly because you could release Tebow the second he reaches the VMAC and you wouldn't have to pay him a dime. Well, unless Tebow's "dead money" number with the Jets applies to us. If it did, then it would be $14 million in savings compared to $9.5 million for releasing Flynn. Anyway, it would give Seattle a clean escape from Flynn's contract, which would save us up to $15.5 million in cap space that will roll into future seasons.

Tebow isn't a good passer, but he is built for a team like ours that is physical, runs the ball, plays great defense, and is used to being surrounded by a tilt the field QB. Tebow may not be pretty to watch, but neither was T-jack and Pete got T-jack to win 5 of his last 8 games here, while playing hurt. And I know it's cliche, but Tebow really is a "winner." He's often a totally different QB in the 4th quarters of games. I compared Wilson to Tebow last May in terms of his background and intangibles. Both faced discrimination because of a trait. Pete wasn't scared by Wilson's height, maybe he won't be scared by Tebow's throwing problems. Maybe Pete can find ways to minimize Tebow's flaws, the same way Harbaugh did with Alex Smith.

Also, it's an extremely thin year in the draft for read option QBs. The few that are decent will probably be long gone by the time Seattle is willing to draft one.