Needs changing with FA signings

Chawker

Reaction score
Offense: OL, TE, WR, RB, QB
Defence: DT, DE, LB, CB, S

5 offense and 5 defence
special teams: P, PK, KR, LS

Priority: Pass rush
Selecting Bruce Irvin in the first round last year was a good move on JS and PC part. I think he will be ready to play week one!
Putting pressure on opposing QB's can come from any defensive position, DT's collapsing the pocket or from the blitz. We can't focus on just this one thing, think upgrades to other position as well. Need, Priority, Fit, Value or NPFV
I'm just not sure about drafting a DE in the first three rounds, and when we do draft one I'd like to see us go with the more traditional type of DE. (6'4" 265)

I'd like to hear what you think our needs are?
My list: LB, DT, WR, DE, CB, RB, PK, OL, TE, S, QB

kearly

Reaction score
DE, DT, LB. Everything else is a luxury, IMO. Even LB might be a luxury if Pete is comfortable with his "USC backup crew."

kf3339

Reaction score
^This but I think that WLB is still a need in the draft. It is especially important the DT be a pocket collapsing type as we get no push at all with Mebane or Branch.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kf3339":2lna6muw said:
^This but I think that WLB is still a need in the draft. It is especially important the DT be a pocket collapsing type as we get no push at all with Mebane or Branch.

Will is something to be addressed, but i'm not too concerned. Pretty happy over all with the FO's ability to select their linebackers.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hill is going away. We need a replacement there. Captain Obvious says DT/DE.

I want a WR for Mr. Wilson.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I would like to WR in the first. It wont happen IMO. I know JS isnt a Ted Thompson clone but I think they don't draft WR's in the first very often if at all.

Im fine if Smith starts at Will next year. I thought he fit in well qhen spelling Hill. It could be upgraded for sure.

I think we go DE/DT because it is very obvious.

All that said I don't think we will sign any whales in FA and anyone we do wont affect the draft anyway shape or form.

McGruff

Reaction score
Largent80":32cp4b71 said:
Hill is going away. We need a replacement there. Captain Obvious says DT/DE.

I want a WR for Mr. Wilson.

I think we already have a replacement in place in Malcolm Smith. competition is needed of course, it its not a frontline priority.