cowboys open to tradeing Spencer.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
cowboys open to tradeing Spencer.
Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 am
    • I think he would be a great leo if Clemons can't come back at 100%. Thoughts on this.
      "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
      suppaball
      *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
      *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Re: cowboys open to tradeing Spencer.
    Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:08 pm
    • Hmm, I might be wrong but didn't the Cowboys tag Spencer? So if we were to trade with the Cowboys wouldn't it cost us at least 1 or 2 first round picks (or something like that)?

I think it might be too much to give up for a player who is about to hit 30.
      Winterfell
      NET Rookie

Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:22 pm
    • Winterfell wrote:Hmm, I might be wrong but didn't the Cowboys tag Spencer? So if we were to trade with the Cowboys wouldn't it cost us at least 1 or 2 first round picks (or something like that)?

He was tagged. If they traded him we would be on hook for his salary of 10.62 million next year. Sorry, no deal. Clem gets 6 million next year.

No draft picks. You're thinking of the "non-exclusive" franchise tag. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.
      Give me some damn skittles...
      Basis4day
      NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:23 pm
    • suppaball wrote:
        I think he would be a great leo if Clemons can't come back at 100%. Thoughts on this.

Irvin will be the Leo. Mark it.
        Give me some damn skittles...
        Basis4day
        NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:36 pm
      • Basis4day wrote:
        Winterfell wrote:Hmm, I might be wrong but didn't the Cowboys tag Spencer? So if we were to trade with the Cowboys wouldn't it cost us at least 1 or 2 first round picks (or something like that)?

He was tagged. If they traded him we would be on hook for his salary of 10.62 million next year. Sorry, no deal. Clem gets 6 million next year.

No draft picks. You're thinking of the "non-exclusive" franchise tag. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.

Aha, thanks for clearing that up!
        Winterfell
        NET Rookie

Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 pm
      • I didn't know his price would be so high, so no no no.
        "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
        suppaball
        *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
        *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:23 pm
      • Hate to Hijack but was I high as a kite this morning or was there a rumor thread involving kam and dez bryant that has since dissappeared?
        SNDavidson
        NET Veteran

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm
      • SNDavidson wrote:Hate to Hijack but was I high as a kite this morning or was there a rumor thread involving kam and dez bryant that has since dissappeared?

It was removed. Only place it showed up was in the comment section of PFT and the articles that claimed something was in work didn't exist.
        Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
        Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
        R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
        drdiags
        * The Doc *
        * The Doc *

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:32 pm
      • thanks.
        SNDavidson
        NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]