Seahawks sign 6-7,280-pound TE who played hoops in Argentina

zhawk

Reaction score
I guessin this guy knows how to go up and get a ball. :thirishdrinkers:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
grizbob":32yvumf6 said:
Easy target for a short QB :stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs:
Hey, that's no joke. Look at Drew Brees. He had Gates in SD and then Graham in NO. Coincidence? I think not. Leave no rock unturned. I wish I could get more info on his workout today. It must have been very impressive. GoHawks!!! :th2thumbs:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Everybody knows how Pete likes to play hoops. Now he's got some competition.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3ulg0b2j said:
Everybody knows how Pete likes to play hoops. Now he's got some competition.

Good point! RealRobReport showing this kid dunking repeatedly on Sherm this year will be EPIC!

NYCoug

Reaction score
As a half Argentinean, I can't tell you how hyped I got when I saw the title of this thread? Gotta say, I'm a little let down to see that it's some dude named Fells and not some future bust/trout out/stiff named Lopez Hernandez.

I'm sure this guy will be a beast, but zany, likeable, bound to be nothing special, foreigner is one area this team is still sorely lacking in.

seahawks08

Reaction score
So now we have a former baseball player RW and a basket ball player now. Are we looking at some soccer players too, now wait they don't catch the ball, they just kick it, may be a kicker:)

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Interesting... If the Kings do move North and become the Sonics I would not mind seeing a scrimmage with the Seahawks..I wonder if Wilson can handle a B-ball at point? :;

chrispy

Reaction score
Kiper will say he's not short enough.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
seahawks08":16mmzm09 said:
So now we have a former baseball player RW and a basket ball player now. Are we looking at some soccer players too, now wait they don't catch the ball, they just kick it, may be a kicker:)

He's already on the team. His name is Steven

scutterhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1k4t97mp said:
So poor Hugo Chavez passes and this is all you chumps want to talk about? :141847_bnono:
You have GOT to be kidding me!!! Hugo Chavez shhmavez, :roll: a TE that stands 6 foot tall and weighs 7,280 lbs is really BIG news.
I can see it now, RW throws a pass to some wrinkle, and the O=Line rolls him down field for the score :p

Rat

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1npsvuaq said:
Interesting... If the Kings do move North and become the Sonics I would not mind seeing a scrimmage with the Seahawks..I wonder if Wilson can handle a B-ball at point? :;
Probably. I heard about a million times last offseason how Wilson is the ultimate point guard quarterback.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Gotta Love this team and FO.
Darren's signing is just another latest in the High risk=High rewards moves. He looks a big strong player who catches balls above the rim. This guy increases our height and toughness on offense immediately but will benefit from playing next to our pro-bowl TE Miller.
I drool at the thought of our two tight end sets featuring sure-handed Miller and the 6-7 athletic freak Fells.

By the way RW did play basketball in highschool. I can see many lobs from RW to Fells both on grass and hardwood :179422:

acbass

Reaction score
This is why I love our front office. Everyone is studying up for the draft, and we are finding guys that play basketball in Argentina. The crazy thing is that we have hit several home runs with this plan. They know exactly what skill they need and go get it. Even if it's not the prototypical skill set, they find something and a way to utilize it. It's a page out of the Major League featuring Charlie Sheen and Tom Beringer play book.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3gokww4p said:
Darren's signing is just another latest in the High risk=High rewards moves. He looks a big strong player who catches balls above the rim. This guy increases our height and toughness on offense immediately but will benefit from playing next to our pro-bowl TE Miller.
I drool at the thought of our two tight end sets featuring sure-handed Miller and the 6-7 athletic freak Fells.

By the way RW did play basketball in highschool. I can see many lobs from RW to Fells both on grass and hardwood :179422:

How is signing a player cheap like this high risk?

dunceface

Reaction score
rainger":25psgn3q said:
Just another amazing example how PC/JS find talent that so many others dont because the others are locked into their dogma.

I bet he turns into a great TE.

In BBall he has to find seperation and have good hands.

This FO is amazing at finding the talent in the world that is going to make them great for years and years.

Don't forget about his clairvoyant powers...

I seeee........I see a big TE.........playing hoops......in Argentina....PETE GET THE HAWKWING READY!
84211 Seahawks Camp Football

dunceface

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":34bzrdf0 said:
Russ Willstrong":34bzrdf0 said:

How is signing a player cheap like this high risk?

Pretty sure he meant LOW risk/high reward...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
He's got 3 years to make an impression so other possibilities for this signing include: Fells as a 6-7 280 lbs TE/OT. Simply convert him to a DE if he's as quick and strong as he looks. Or simply hike the ball to RW who jumps onto Fells shoulders immediately increasing his height to roughly 10 feet at QB.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
No details on the monetary value of his contract yet but giving a guy 3-year contract without an official workout, exam AND for someone who has never played football beyond highschool? His contract may be small but he is nevertheless a project that could take away opportunities from proven FA out there. But you guys are right.. This risk is very calculated and not that high of a risk.