Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Performance Based Value: Seahawks
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:47 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Interesting article for the most part. The only big mistakes I see are Thomas and Washington:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/04/performance-based-value-seattle-seahawks/

Post subject: Re: Performance Based Value: Seahawks
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:09 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Quote:
It’s almost unfair how much the Seahawks get instantly out of their draft picks.

Gotta love this.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:03 am 
NET Veteran

Pretty good thanks for the link, don't understand how he completely whiffed on E.T. though, it really is different playing in Seattle.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:17 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Interesting stuff. I have to agree that ET's value is much greater to that secondary than what they seen allowing Sherm and Browner to do what they do.

I actually agree w/ the number values on Washington. This does not mean I don't like him or want him on my team. Just that based on last year alone, which is what say, his value as a RB is poor offset by his PR/KR value.

The other one I disagree with is MRob; like ET, his value is much greater to the team than numbers indicate.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 am 
NET Rookie

My initial reaction to this article was "Oh my god, how are we going to pay for all these guys in the future?". Scarey.

Overall, it's really cool that we get so much value out of our younger players. It that continues, maybe there's nothing to be concerned about...

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 am 
NET Practice Squad

Makes me realize, if we build a system that stresses players strengths and increase their value then when they hit free agency they will appear to be worth a lot since they put up good stats for us. Then they will get paid handsomely by other teams that aren't designed to stress that players specific strengths as much. Therefore, they will be getting paid well and not performing as well as they did for us therefore lessening their "value" on other teams. This is all while we draft and keep the players that are perfect for us. It's all a part of JSs and PCs plan to make our team better in relation to the rest of the league.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 am 
NET Veteran

Russel Wilson if 100% healthy he is the only Seahawk 100% to be signed to a contract that could hurt salary cap. I think everyone else will get a offer and shown the door if they want the money.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am 
* Smackmeister *

bloodkingg wrote:
Makes me realize, if we build a system that stresses players strengths and increase their value then when they hit free agency they will appear to be worth a lot since they put up good stats for us. Then they will get paid handsomely by other teams that aren't designed to stress that players specific strengths as much. Therefore, they will be getting paid well and not performing as well as they did for us therefore lessening their "value" on other teams. This is all while we draft and keep the players that are perfect for us. It's all a part of JSs and PCs plan to make our team better in relation to the rest of the league.

You mean like the Partiots? Then we can take them back at the tail end of their career for the vet minimum too.

It's a brilliant system.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]