Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Just a reminder (Portland Timbers talk)
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:17 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
I hope the Sounders and Whitecaps lose every game this season and the Timbers take the Supporter's Shield and the MLS Cup.

And we get to carry the Cascadia Cup this year, too.

RCTID. Let's open up the season with a win!

(Side note: I'm actually really nervous about this season, and have no idea what to expect. Only a couple weeks before the Seattle v. Portland, too.)

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 pm 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1934
I would grab a broom because you guys will be sweeping the basement again.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:51 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
I would grab a broom because you guys will be sweeping the basement again.


Well, at least they won't get our hopes up only to crush them in the playoffs.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:49 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Good entertaining match today. Couple of defensive mental mistakes cost us a win but it looks like the Timbers have a lot of good, creative offensive players.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:51 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
JSeahawks wrote:
Good entertaining match today. Couple of defensive mistakes cost us a win but it looks like the Timbers have a lot of good, creative offensive players.


Certainly didn't lack for drama. I hate the Red Bulls, too. Seems like we're destined to tie them 3-3 every year, though.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:30 am
Posts: 736
Location: Van Buren, AR from Kent-Covington, WA
Timbers fans, lol you people make me laugh. You got morons cutting wood on the pitch (or right by it) and every game I have ever watched I just keep waiting for that stupid lumberjack to get hit upside the head with the ball (more than likely a shanked shot from one of your amazing goal scorers). All in all the MLS is a joke, you could make more money as IT guy, until they ditch the cap and the stupid DP rule all it is going to be is a bunch of American and Central Americans mixed in with the washed up superstar chasing bad passes all over the pitch. So win or lose, it really doesn't matter who wins, not a whole lot of skill is on display in the MLS.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
McG wrote:
Timbers fans, lol you people make me laugh. You got morons cutting wood on the pitch (or right by it) and every game I have ever watched I just keep waiting for that stupid lumberjack to get hit upside the head with the ball (more than likely a shanked shot from one of your amazing goal scorers). All in all the MLS is a joke, you could make more money as IT guy, until they ditch the cap and the stupid DP rule all it is going to be is a bunch of American and Central Americans mixed in with the washed up superstar chasing bad passes all over the pitch. So win or lose, it really doesn't matter who wins, not a whole lot of skill is on display in the MLS.


1) Chainsaws are awesome.

2) You live in Arkansas, so it's clear you've made some pretty bad life choices, thus rendering any opinion you have invalid.

By the way, why should I care if I can make more in IT than in MLS? I don't play on a team.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8663
Location: Is Everything
Sarlacc83 wrote:
McG wrote:
Timbers fans, lol you people make me laugh. You got morons cutting wood on the pitch (or right by it) and every game I have ever watched I just keep waiting for that stupid lumberjack to get hit upside the head with the ball (more than likely a shanked shot from one of your amazing goal scorers). All in all the MLS is a joke, you could make more money as IT guy, until they ditch the cap and the stupid DP rule all it is going to be is a bunch of American and Central Americans mixed in with the washed up superstar chasing bad passes all over the pitch. So win or lose, it really doesn't matter who wins, not a whole lot of skill is on display in the MLS.


1) Chainsaws are awesome.

2) You live in Arkansas, so it's clear you've made some pretty bad life choices, thus rendering any opinion you have invalid.

By the way, why should I care if I can make more in IT than in MLS? I don't play on a team.


Notice he didn't say he makes more. I know what the IT guys where I work make and its not a truth anyways.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder (Portland Timbers talk)
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:19 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
I want you all to know I scared my child when the Timbers scored the equalizer against the Sounders. I hope that hurt.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder (Portland Timbers talk)
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:24 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Showing the heart of the Cascadia Cup champions.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder (Portland Timbers talk)
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:02 am 
* NET Fan Boy *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
Posts: 4010
Location: Brier, WA
Sarlacc83 wrote:
I want you all to know I scared my child when the Timbers scored the equalizer against the Sounders. I hope that hurt.


It didn't.

_________________
Image
Man up, stand in line.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4195
McG wrote:
Timbers fans, lol you people make me laugh. You got morons cutting wood on the pitch (or right by it) and every game I have ever watched I just keep waiting for that stupid lumberjack to get hit upside the head with the ball (more than likely a shanked shot from one of your amazing goal scorers). All in all the MLS is a joke, you could make more money as IT guy, until they ditch the cap and the stupid DP rule all it is going to be is a bunch of American and Central Americans mixed in with the washed up superstar chasing bad passes all over the pitch. So win or lose, it really doesn't matter who wins, not a whole lot of skill is on display in the MLS.


This is your trash talk?

Condescending load of s---


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder (Portland Timbers talk)
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:22 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
Smurf wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
I want you all to know I scared my child when the Timbers scored the equalizer against the Sounders. I hope that hurt.


It didn't.


You lie.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder (Portland Timbers talk)
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:24 am 
* NET Fan Boy *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
Posts: 4010
Location: Brier, WA
Two games into the season, I'm not worried about a draw.

_________________
Image
Man up, stand in line.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just a reminder (Portland Timbers talk)
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:28 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10216
Location: Helm's Deep
Smurf wrote:
Two games into the season, I'm not worried about a draw.


Yes you are, or you wouldn't have posted at all.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.