Performance Based Value: Seahawks

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Performance Based Value: Seahawks
Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:47 pm
  • Interesting article for the most part. The only big mistakes I see are Thomas and Washington:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/04/performance-based-value-seattle-seahawks/

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Re: Performance Based Value: Seahawks
Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:09 am
  • It’s almost unfair how much the Seahawks get instantly out of their draft picks.

Gotta love this.
    Deixis
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:03 am
  • Pretty good thanks for the link, don't understand how he completely whiffed on E.T. though, it really is different playing in Seattle.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:17 am
  • Interesting stuff. I have to agree that ET's value is much greater to that secondary than what they seen allowing Sherm and Browner to do what they do.

I actually agree w/ the number values on Washington. This does not mean I don't like him or want him on my team. Just that based on last year alone, which is what say, his value as a RB is poor offset by his PR/KR value.

The other one I disagree with is MRob; like ET, his value is much greater to the team than numbers indicate.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 am
  • My initial reaction to this article was "Oh my god, how are we going to pay for all these guys in the future?". Scarey.

Overall, it's really cool that we get so much value out of our younger players. It that continues, maybe there's nothing to be concerned about...
    gtcotcakya
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 am
  • Makes me realize, if we build a system that stresses players strengths and increase their value then when they hit free agency they will appear to be worth a lot since they put up good stats for us. Then they will get paid handsomely by other teams that aren't designed to stress that players specific strengths as much. Therefore, they will be getting paid well and not performing as well as they did for us therefore lessening their "value" on other teams. This is all while we draft and keep the players that are perfect for us. It's all a part of JSs and PCs plan to make our team better in relation to the rest of the league.
    bloodkingg
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 am
  • Russel Wilson if 100% healthy he is the only Seahawk 100% to be signed to a contract that could hurt salary cap. I think everyone else will get a offer and shown the door if they want the money.
    [size=50]“Give me your Loud, your Proud,
    Your Jacked Up masses yearning to Scream free,
    The Winning refuse of your Sea Town shore.
    Send these, the Passionate, Loyal, to me:
    I lift my 12 Flag beside the Lombardi.”

― Emma Lazarus (If she was a 12) By BraHn
    [/size]
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am
  • bloodkingg wrote:Makes me realize, if we build a system that stresses players strengths and increase their value then when they hit free agency they will appear to be worth a lot since they put up good stats for us. Then they will get paid handsomely by other teams that aren't designed to stress that players specific strengths as much. Therefore, they will be getting paid well and not performing as well as they did for us therefore lessening their "value" on other teams. This is all while we draft and keep the players that are perfect for us. It's all a part of JSs and PCs plan to make our team better in relation to the rest of the league.

You mean like the Partiots? Then we can take them back at the tail end of their career for the vet minimum too.

It's a brilliant system.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information