offseason takes a toll on us all,i took it to another level

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
its not quite done yet, my arm started swelling, thought i'd share
Also id like to explain. im Cherokee, all the tattoos on that arm are related back to Cherokee history/culture, even if its loosely tied in.
A Hawk is a sacred animal, so i was getting a hawk, and wanted to put my own twist on it, thats why it has a seahawks logo head, but the neck goes the more realistic route.

Seahawk

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Something about the way that appears to be shaded or the angles make that look better than our actual logo, IMO. Shit you not. Nice work.

tooshort

Reaction score
awesome!! congrats on that sweet ink!

between 50 hours of real work and 20+ hours of band "work" I've been trying to find a time to get more hawks ink every week for the last 5 months..kinda hard to find someone at normal rates that works outside of the 10am-10pm time slot(edit) and isn't a sloppy "this is just like drawing/painting" artiste..

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Very cool. I've always been very proud of the Cherokee blood that runs through my veins, no matter how small. (My Great-Great grandfather was a Chief so I have been told)...Been meaning to get a Seahawk tat for like, forever...I think your pic put me over the edge.

Wolfepack

Reaction score
Those look incredibly similar to some Polynesian tattoos - specifically Samoan & Hawaiian. I didn't realize that tattoos were prevalent in Native American culture as they are in Polynesian culture. Interesting.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":y1bpedo3 said:
Which part is the upper arm?
ahah yeah i know, im only 152lbs. But the tattoo is under my arm around the elbow area so the picture is as an odd angle and makes my arm looks alot smaller too.

Those look incredibly similar to some Polynesian tattoos - specifically Samoan & Hawaiian. I didn't realize that tattoos were prevalent in Native American culture as they are in Polynesian culture. Interesting.

Very good observation, the arm bands are in fact Polynesian.
like i said, the cultural/ history is sometimes only loosely tied in, the upper armband, its just a polynesian design i used just as a design for an armband, nothing more, BUT this is the back of my arm, on the other side it is the 4 feathers hanging off the armband that represent my 4 family members thats the Cherokee tie in, the lower armband, is also a Polynesian design, with Cherokee symbols worked into the story telling. My tattoos are very neo traditional.
This is the front side of the the arm the seahawk is on the back of in advance SORRY for the shirtless picture, its the only one i have of the whole arm.
6f2e8abd 8758 4c87 af9e a389fe18602c

To the rest of my 12th family, im glad you all like it, I pour my heart into this team like you all, and i felt it had earned its spot on there.
When i go to get it finished, there is a blank spot around the back of my elbow, im going to the the feather totem design they have on the stripes of the pants, im getting that to go with it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Killer. Just. Killer.

Best tat artwork I've seen in a long time.

RockHawk

Reaction score
That's awesome dude. Nice work. Who's the tattoo artist? I'm thinking he deserves some pub here so people know who to go to if they want a professional Seahawk done!

scifly

Reaction score
TomCoughlin_original.gif

LargentFan

Reaction score
Nice tattoo, but I have bad news. We just traded you to the Dolphins.

mikeak

Reaction score
LargentFan":1hal9fef said:
Nice tattoo, but I have bad news. We just traded you to the Dolphins.

This reminds me of the recruit this year that committed to Alabama, changed to Auburn - put on a HUGE Auburn tatto and then changed his mind and is now going to Alabama

Freaking hilarious