I just *got too excited* watching this GOT trailer

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • Although, looking now, some of those Dark Sword metal miniatures look pretty cool.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Dammit. Just bought em. Damn you LF!!!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Lol. Those minis are interesting. I've never bought any of them. I have spent...quite a lot on other stuff from the series though. I have a few of the swords and I also have all if the coins that have been made for the books.
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

• LargentFan wrote:Lol. Those minis are interesting. I've never bought any of them. I have spent...quite a lot on other stuff from the series though. I have a few of the swords and I also have all if the coins that have been made for the books.

They're a project, it looks like, but I know a couple ladies that are good at that sort of thing so maybe I'll put em to work.

Which swords do you have?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Lol ZD I love how in your 3 posts in a row you go from being curious to buying them, to thinking a couple look cool, to buying them. I might have to look into some now
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• I bought the original stainless steel Longclaw when it first came out. #234/2500
    Then, about a year later, they announced that they were planning a special Damascus steel edition of it in a limited run of 100. I freaked out a bit because I was worried I wouldn't be able to afford it before it sold out. I was lucky enough to get one. #33/100
    I bought Needle as well. It's tiny, but it's pointy end would definitely do the job it was intended for. #1638/2500
    I knew a Damascus version of Ice would be released, so I ignored the stainless steel version and got the Damascus steel version. #163/250
    I plan on getting Robert's hammer and the night's watch dagger set, but I am in no real hurry.
    I will be ordering the Stark shield as well.
    LargentFan
    NET Starter

• LargentFan wrote:I bought the original stainless steel Longclaw when it first came out. #234/2500
    Then, about a year later, they announced that they were planning a special Damascus steel edition of it in a limited run of 100. I freaked out a bit because I was worried I wouldn't be able to afford it before it sold out. I was lucky enough to get one. #33/100
    I bought Needle as well. It's tiny, but it's pointy end would definitely do the job it was intended for. #1638/2500
    I knew a Damascus version of Ice would be released, so I ignored the stainless steel version and got the Damascus steel version. #163/250
    I plan on getting Robert's hammer and the night's watch dagger set, but I am in no real hurry.
    I will be ordering the Stark shield as well.

That's a bad ass collection man!
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• therealjohncarlson wrote:Lol ZD I love how in your 3 posts in a row you go from being curious to buying them, to thinking a couple look cool, to buying them. I might have to look into some now

Haha I know man I got a problem. When it comes to Star Wars & Seahawks stuff especially. I guess you can add GoT to the list.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    LargentFan wrote:I didn't even want to touch on the Qarth stuff...they permanently changed a LOT of things that can't really let it come back around to where she is in the books.
    Short list...
    Dany comes to Qarth as a celebrated "Mother of Dragons," not a beggar who can't even pronounce the name of the city. The various factions vie for her favor while trying to scheme how to use her and her dragons to their own ends. Her dragons are never stolen...
    Xaro told her to leave Qarth, but never openly betrayed her. They maintained a cordial relationship later.
    Doreah, her handmaiden who taught her how to hump, also never betrayed her. She died in the desert and it was a very sad moment for Dany.
    Pyat Pree...well...other than the look of the character, very little was even close to the books. He never died in the book, though one could argue that he isn't dead in the show. He certainly wasn't some shadowy assassin guy.
    The 13...yeah they're alive still in the books...
    Anyway...I don't see how they can repair that story line.

This kinda cements my viewpoint that a lot of the book reader's are just whiners and don't have anything of real substance to complain about.

Those all are differences between the books and the tv show yes... but I'm struggling to see how any of those changes will have a negative impact on the series as a whole and how many of them weren't just changes for minor reasons. IE: who cares if Dany's handmaiden dies in the desert or she betrays her?... both endings for her character are fine imo.

Go back and read the first two books. They've left out or altered massive chunks of Dany's story, and have now minimized her character's impact in the series as a whole. Major plot points are now missing, and will affect major plot points later in the series. But she's hot, so that's all that matters, right?

I'm not even that picky. I had no real beef with them leaving out the Reeds, even though they are pretty major characters in my opinion and are fairly important to some plot points with Bran's story, I could see how leaving them out wouldn't do any detremental harm to the series. The same can't be said for what they've done to Dany's story. I was ok with the changes made to Robb's story, again, not too terribly integral to the plot, same with playing up the homosexual relationship between Loras Tyrell and Renly Baratheon. It was only vaguely hinted at in the books, but completely overt in the show. None of those changes ruined the plot at all. Dany's story is now in tatters, and it's going to take some more convoluted changes to resolve it all.

Whiners my arse...

Seeing as the debate has died down I'd just like to make a quick comment about the Reeds. They will be in the story, HBO just decided to push their introduction back from the end of the 2nd season to the beginning of the 3rd (likely because they didn't want to focus on getting actors and actresses in a crunched amount of time when they could just wait a few months and make sure the intro was done right)
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Extended trailer. Now with a whopping 20 secs of added footage.

therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• With the Reeds, i mean, what's the point of adding them at this point then? What explanation will they give for them just showing up? They'll have to make up some convoluted reason for Jojen and Meera Reed - two teenagers, mind you - for travelling all the way from the Neck to Winterfell - now a ruin - and meeting up with Bran and Hodor. In the book, they were wards of Robb at winterfell, and were there before the Greyjoy rebellion and the Bastard of Bolton burning the place down.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information