Randy Moss

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Us guys do realize that. Do you think you're the only one that noticed?

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems like it would be similar to the Jerry Rice signing. At some point you have to consider the player done. Too many teams have tried lately and eventually moved on. Why not try finding a younger talent, homegrown to reduce impact of future salary growth

DJrmb

Reaction score
LOL!

Randy Moss is almost the exact opposite type of WR Pete and John are looking for. No way in hell he is on this team. They may do their due diligence and take a look (although I don't even really see a reason for that) but in the end there is no place on this team for that guy...

pehawk

Reaction score
Why not? He's still a pretty sick #4 WR. The SB Window is officially open, so, who cares about grooming a #4 (unless he wows the staff).

Lady Talon

Reaction score
we brought TO and Edwards in before we had a franchise QB that could make Rice Tate and Baldwin look good. That experiment is over, give RW real improvements to get us ahead, instead of licking up SF's vomit.

chris98251

Reaction score
T.O. and Edwards at least gave our DB's a physical guy to go up against in practice and showed how to work. Both those aspects of Moss's game are either gone or questionable.

So no and if we wanted to waste our time we could bring in much better guys to play target dummy.

Rat

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":15uh8i20 said:
You guys do realize that Terrell Owens was a seahawk in August last year? As well as Braylon edwards . both had more star power then production.

Same could be said when we brought in Reggie Williams and Mike Williams.
Not to mention Antonio Bryant.

That's not to say I think this will necessarily happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did. Moss is one of the best jump ball receivers of all time, and we have a QB who is among the best in the league at throwing those.

Jville

Reaction score
Rat":8rzl7ad8 said:
EastCoastHawksFan":8rzl7ad8 said:
You guys do realize that Terrell Owens was a seahawk in August last year? As well as Braylon edwards . both had more star power then production.

Same could be said when we brought in Reggie Williams and Mike Williams.
Not to mention Antonio Bryant.

That's not to say I think this will necessarily happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did. Moss is one of the best jump ball receivers of all time, and we have a QB who is among the best in the league at throwing those.

I'm not a fan of the old Randy Moss. However, I'm aware of the contributions a more mature Randy Moss made while in San Francisco.

I thought that the quarterback switch from Alex Smith, who puts some air under the ball giving receivers time to adjust, to the hard throwing Colin Kaepernick hurt Moss. It effectively ruined the finish of the season for Moss and his usefulness in San Francisco. And that was an unfortunate outcome for him.

Moss is 36 years old. He provided value to the 49ers during a transitional season at wide receiver. The team needed him more than anticipated once an injury felled Mario Manningham. Whatever mentoring and veteran leadership Moss provided in 2012 carried value. The 49ers seemed to appreciate it genuinely.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... ay-goodbye

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1bhlgm25 said:
Randy Moss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T.O
It's going to happen. He will be a Seahawk

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they brought him in for training camp. It also wouldn't surprise me in the least if they didn't and that you're just being an attention whore. I don't even think the 2 scenarios are necessarily mutually exclusive.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
They will bring him in, Browner will judo chop his ass on his first defensive snap, his want to will not want to, and Pete's secret plan of signing him just to cut his ass as a lesson for his young receivers will see fruition.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I've got no problem with the team giving him a shot.

We've got ample evidence that if a player's attitude isn't right, the Seahawks will show him the door. So Moss will only stick if his attitude is right.

But man, if his attitude IS right? He'd be a hell of a pickup. When Moss is motivated and on, there's no one better.