Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post subject: Re: Rebuilding the Kings/Sonics
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Bailing on the rook already...

Quote:
@WojYahooNBA
Sacramento has traded forward Thomas Robinson to the Houston Rockets, league source tells Y Sports.

Quote:
@WojYahooNBA
The Rockets will send Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas to the Kings for Thomas Robinson, sources tell Y!

Quote:
@WojYahooNBA
Along with a second-round pick, the Kings will send Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt to the Rockets, sources tell Y!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:24 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

GCrow wrote:
Bailing on the rook already...

Quote:
@WojYahooNBA
Sacramento has traded forward Thomas Robinson to the Houston Rockets, league source tells Y Sports.

Quote:
@WojYahooNBA
The Rockets will send Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas to the Kings for Thomas Robinson, sources tell Y!

Quote:
@WojYahooNBA
Along with a second-round pick, the Kings will send Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt to the Rockets, sources tell Y!

Man....Robinson was the player I was very excited to get if the Kings came to Seattle.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 pm 
NET Veteran

Wow, this trade proves the Kings front office has no clue how to run a basketball team.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:43 pm 
NET Veteran

There just trying to save money now, since the team isn't gonna be there's next year. Kind of smart on there part but sucks for the future Sonics.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 pm 
NET Veteran

getnasty wrote:
There just trying to save money now, since the team isn't gonna be there's next year. Kind of smart on there part but sucks for the future Sonics.

How the heck is trading a guy - who you just drafted 5th overall and is 50 games into his NBA career - for basically a pack of cigarettes a smart move? (Also passing on Lillard, Barnes, Drummond & Terrence Ross)

Whats worse for you Sonics fans is that the Kings apparently briefed the new ownership group about going ahead with the deal. Though i'm not sure how much input Hansen and co. could have had.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:45 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

GCrow wrote:

Whats worse for you Sonics fans is that the Kings apparently briefed the new ownership group about going ahead with the deal. Though i'm not sure how much input Hansen and co. could have had.

Really wish Hansen/Ballmer could have stopped this but they probably have no say at it at this point and time.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:08 pm 
* NET Baller *

I hope they trade everybody for peanuts and rebuild it correctly here in Seattle.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 pm 
NET Veteran

GCrow wrote:
getnasty wrote:

How the heck is trading a guy - who you just drafted 5th overall and is 50 games into his NBA career - for basically a pack of cigarettes a smart move? (Also passing on Lillard, Barnes, Drummond & Terrence Ross)

They were briefed but nothing says that they had any power to stop the move. For all we know, they just let the ownership group know of their intentions.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 pm 
NET Veteran

They could have thrown in 4 million more (which is what the Kings saved in the trade) toward the purchase of the Kings. Really though i highly doubt they could have done anything at this point.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm 
* NET Baller *

Lol I don't see why GCrows mad, the team sucked with or without Robinson it's not gonna make a difference.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 pm 
NET Veteran

He was the fifth overall pick from last years draft, that's why. This is obviously just the Maloofs saving on salary. I hope we don't see any more of these god damn trades! Even if he sucks, he's still trade bait - leave it for the new regiem.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
Lol I don't see why GCrows mad, the team sucked with or without Robinson it's not gonna make a difference.

I'm more, just baffled...yeah they are bad regardless, however it's not like Robinson is a bad player himself. He's 21, only half a season into his career and should turn out to be a very solid player in the NBA pretty soon.

Basically they traded a guy they just spent the #5 pick on 8 months ago to save less than 4 million... :?:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:57 am 
* NET Baller *

I think if the move happens, I've narrowed my wants down to 3 players in the draft...

Marcus Smart PG, OK State
James McAdoo, SF/PF, North Carolina (I don't even care where he's projected, if they don't have the #1 overall pick I'm taking him anywhere outside of the top 2 picks I think those two are for Nerlens Noel if he comes out and Ben McLemore)
Victor Olapido, SG, Indiana

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 pm 
NET Starter

Olipido... seriously that kid reminds me of MJ.... not as talented. but he flashes Jordan

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 pm 
* NET Baller *

sainthawk29 wrote:
Olipido... seriously that kid reminds me of MJ.... not as talented. but he flashes Jordan

He needs some work on the jumper, but god... The guy is friggin GOOD!

Depending on what happened in the offseason, it'd be a pretty awesome back court with Evans at PG and Olapido at SG.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
sainthawk29 wrote:

Depending on what happened in the offseason, it'd be a pretty awesome back court with Evans at PG and Olapido at SG.

Jordan didn't have a good jumper when he came into the league either, he worked his ass off to develop one.

I want a big man in the middle that can run and is an athlete, yeah they are hard to find but getting one is the best way to guarentee a long run of success, forwards and gaurds can be found all over.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 pm 
* NET Baller *

chris98251 wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
sainthawk29 wrote:

Jordan didn't have a good jumper when he came into the league either, he worked his ass off to develop one.

I want a big man in the middle that can run and is an athlete, yeah they are hard to find but getting one is the best way to guarentee a long run of success, forwards and gaurds can be found all over.

lol Good luck with that in this draft!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Jordan might've had to develop his jump shot, but he could always jump. When he shot a jump shot it was like he was getting up on a stepladder. It was unbelievable.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Quote:
lol Good luck with that in this draft!

I know, it's why I don't like trading away the 5th pick, teams that have been on top for decades get a middle guy. Lakers have traded a lot of players to get a big man whenever they need one, same with the Celtics over the years. They then build up around him. You don't have to draft one, you trade for one that has shown potential and or is a veteran from a cheap team and build up the cheap team with gaurds and forwards. Lakers have went after Chamberlin, Jabbar, Divoc, and many others over their history and maintained a championship type team.

The Kings Front Office gave up on a guy in like 5 months to save money is all, hope the Maloofs choke on the 30 million advance Hansen gave them.

.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 pm 
* NET Baller *

If you're talking about a center, the teams coming with one of the best young big men in the game in DeMarcus Cousins, the issue with him is his attitude, I personally think if you put some good dudes around who are strong they could mentor him into maturity.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Well thats good to know then, I have not kept up on players and the NBA since the Sonics were taken. A good coach and players to mature him and let him play to his strengths while teaching him the subtle aspecst of being a Pro can do wonders. Shaq wasn't exactly a easy player to get matured either. He still seems like a big kid but was just so good he got away with a lot as a young guy.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:03 pm 
* NET Moderator *

A lot of rumors in Portland that the Blazers are going to make a run at Tyreke Evans this offseason (he'll be a restricted free agent I believe). Mostly to play the 2, but also to be an alternative to Lillard at times at pg.

If i'm a Sonics fan the first move i would want is to ship out Cousins. Addition by subtraction, even though he's a real good player when he decides to be.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 pm 
* NET Baller *

Portland better worry about that weak ol bench ;)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Throwdown wrote:

Thats the point. If you get Evans he's either the 6th man or Wesley Matthews is the 6th man. Both of who would be huge upgrades.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

Thats the point. If you get Evans he's either the 6th man or Wesley Matthews is the 6th man. Both of who would be huge upgrades.

You don't trade a proven Big man for a 6th man.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:19 pm 
* NET Moderator *

chris98251 wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

You don't trade a proven Big man for a 6th man.

Hmm. Not sure where you're coming from. I'm talking about the Blazers potentially signing Tyreke Evans in free agency. No trade of big man is involved.

If you're talking about my previous post where i said Sacramento/Seattle should trade Cousins that is completely unrelated to my Tyreke Evans thoght.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Quote:
Hmm. Not sure where you're coming from. I'm talking about the Blazers potentially signing Tyreke Evans in free agency. No trade of big man is involved.

If you're talking about my previous post where i said Sacramento/Seattle should trade Cousins that is completely unrelated to my Tyreke Evans thoght.

Yeah thats how I was thinking, damn Internet can confuse things when there are multi topics realted to the same subject in one thread.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:25 pm 
* NET Baller *

Gonna throw another name out there about a guy who caught my attention about a week or two ago.

Otto Porter, Reportedly at the Kevin Durant Skill Academy, he measured a 7'1 wingspan, standing 6'8

He's a really incredibly raw offensive player, but his defense is excellent, I love these kinds of role players for some odd reason. The Tayshaun Prince's, Tony Allen's, and a more recently drafted player Iman Shumpert from the Knicks.

IMO, you could plug this guy in right on the current Kings Roster at starting SF and go, IF you have a decent coaching staff that is willing and able to put in the time on him, he'd be a treat to watch if he can reach his potential.

Last edited by Throwdown on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:28 pm 
NET Veteran

Throwdown wrote:
Gonna throw another name out there about a guy who caught my attention about a week or two ago.

Otto Porter, Reportedly at the Kevin Durant Skill Academy, he measured a 7'1 wingspan, standing 6'8

He's a really incredibly raw offensive player, but his defense is excellent, I love these kinds of role players for some odd reason. The Tayshaun Prince's, Tony Allen's, and a more recently drafted player Iman Shumpert from the Knicks.

Ok, watched the breakdown, I think someone needs to teach him how to rework his jump shot, his form is really ugly and needs to be brought in line, he has elbows and arms all over. I think he does have athleticism but not power. I think if he can get a more consistent shot he would make a good Off Gaurd. someone that can move and post up guys smaller, I didn't see a power move to the basket either, another part of his game to work on and making his feet quicker.

Has tools but needs a bunch of polish so to speak.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:00 pm 
* NET Baller *

chris98251 wrote:
Throwdown wrote:

Ok, watched the breakdown, I think someone needs to teach him how to rework his jump shot, his form is really ugly and needs to be brought in line, he has elbows and arms all over. I think he does have athleticism but not power. I think if he can get a more consistent shot he would make a good Off Gaurd. someone that can move and post up guys smaller, I didn't see a power move to the basket either, another part of his game to work on and making his feet quicker.

Has tools but needs a bunch of polish so to speak.

Pretty much, thats where the coaching staff comes in, but for someone that never played AAU ball (where most of these prospects get polished in HS) He's pretty damn good.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:21 am 
NET Veteran

Shabazz Muhammad screams Sacramento Kings pick with this FO. Man is tailor made for their offence (whoever touches the ball first over half court, goes 1 on 5).

A good pick would definitely be someone like Porter or even Victor Oladipo from the Hoosiers.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:58 pm 
NET Veteran

Any updates on the relocation?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:01 am 
NET Rookie

one word for rebuilding...JIMMER! #WWJD

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:13 am 
* NET Baller *

When I become gm, jimmer is not getting on the plane to seattle. That boys a bum!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 am 
* Report Button *

Jimmer's not bad, really.

Unfortunately all the Kings have are backcourt jumpshooters. Put Jimmer on the Pacers, Lakers, maybe even OKC and he'd be a nice piece. Very nice.

I still don’t understand why some in this thread want to ditch Isiah. Isiah’s a good PG. He’s not Westbrook or GP, but a team can certainly win with him.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:53 am 
* NET Baller *

I dunno, I honeslty think he's a scrub. He struggles getting open when running off a screen, and can't create his own shot, not too mention he cant play the point and should never defend a 2 at any point in his life, I really don't think there's a place for him in the NBA.

Thomas has made big strides this season, I'll give him that, he could start, but he wouldn't be my first choice as a PG, if I had the choice of say someone like Trey Burke in this draft or Isaiah, I'm going Burke.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 am 
* Report Button *

Well, yeah, Jimmer will never be an athletic #2, for sure. But, pair Jimmer with a post up big man, he'd be great. He'd be a Mike Miller, Reddick, Kerr, Rashard in Orlando role. He can shoot.

I think Isiah can be a second tier guy. Those types a few spots below Jennings in Mil.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:04 pm 
NET Veteran

Isiah is a Husky, and he was a great college player. People around here remember that.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]