Flacco Highest paid in NFL

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
sturg78":2ev4zsxm said:
What could they do? Flacco just killed it in the Super Bowl. Just unlucky timing for them.

Crazy as it sounds I would trade him, they are aging anyway and it makes sense to rebuild. I bet Flacco would of landed them a 1st round pick.

Keeping him and having no cap room isn't going to turn out well either.

Decimation

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3abx373a said:
Decimation":3abx373a said:
Well deserved. Flacco is a great quarterback and is a huge winner.

Best player in the league?

I would of franchised him for 16 million, prove that you're elite with a bulls eye on your back.
He's not the best player in the league. But the Ravens got stuck in a bad situation, because he just won them a Super Bowl IN his contract year. They didn't want him to walk in free agency. I don't blame them, but it's an interesting situation.

pehawk

Reaction score
There was also talk that other teams would indeed pay the franchise price for Flacco. If you're Andy Reid and the Chiefs, you already have a roster chalk full of under-30 talent and talent offensively. Add Flacco? KC could win a very poor AFC West.

I think KC was the team those rumors we're talking about.

pehawk

Reaction score
sturg78":s7hmlfxl said:
AFC west is not so poor with manning

Denver can be had. It wouldn't surprise me if any other AFC West team creeps up and takes the crown next year.

Denver also played the weakest schedule in the NFL, IIRC.

mrblitz

Reaction score
there's almost no qb that you can afford to pay that much, and build a team around at the same time.

i've always been a big flacco fan. he's got a bit of elusiveness on the scramble, and has always taken a lot of shots downfield (i like that style).

like someone else was sayin' though... 'he's good, but not $20-mil-a-year good'. i'm not sure there's any qb that you would ever want to pay that kind of money.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Ravens | Joe Flacco will be highest-paid player
Mon, 04 Mar 2013 06:31:51 -0800

Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco will be the NFL's highest-paid player at $30 million in 2013, but he'll count just $6.8 million on the salary cap.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1tjhah48 said:
Ravens | Joe Flacco will be highest-paid player
Mon, 04 Mar 2013 06:31:51 -0800

Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco will be the NFL's highest-paid player at $30 million in 2013, but he'll count just $6.8 million on the salary cap.

Saw that this morning. It's like they reversed the numbers since his cap hit is 29 million in 2016. (IIRC)

AJ Young

Reaction score
Baltimore paid the man. It’s now up to Joe to prove he’s capable of replicating such a feat again. If he does, the Ravens will have no qualms about his new deal. If he struggles, those dollars start to become an onerous weight both in terms of expectations on the shoulders of Flacco as well as on the Ravens salary cap going forward.

http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/The-120-million-man

McG

Reaction score
This screams "sign your players before their contract is up" argument. Simply put it's like this, if they had signed him before last year or even during the year, a little bit more than half of this is what they would be paying. Somewhere around 9-11, maybe 12mil per year. This contract is crazy, he is good, but no where near the best in the league and the pressure that will be put on him when he doesn't preform up to his contract could ruin this guys career. Oh well at least it's not us, but we need to re-sign Cam, Sherm and ET, ASAP.

rlkats

Reaction score
Flacco should give that money to his recievers. They were playing lights out for him in the playoffs. Most throws were just thrown up and the recievers made great catches

Seanhawk

Reaction score
McG":3jjvb3p9 said:
This screams "sign your players before their contract is up" argument. Simply put it's like this, if they had signed him before last year or even during the year, a little bit more than half of this is what they would be paying. Somewhere around 9-11, maybe 12mil per year. This contract is crazy, he is good, but no where near the best in the league and the pressure that will be put on him when he doesn't preform up to his contract could ruin this guys career. Oh well at least it's not us, but we need to re-sign Cam, Sherm and ET, ASAP.

It's not as if Baltimore didn't try. They offered him a pretty good contract in the off-season that Flacco turned down. Flacco gambled on himself and won.

bellingerga

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2jm6j0xu said:
What were the Ravens supposed to do, let him walk and start over? They got stuck and had to pay him.

I'd let him walk, if he thought he's the best player in the nfl. That's just stupid. He's not even close.