Who's your favorite player in this draft, in any round?

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Zaviar Gooden. Amazing speed for a LB. I think Norton could work wonders with this kid.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ezekial Ansah. Better than JPP. I saw him do things in his limited time at Utah that I've never seen anyone do. Block and O-Lineman, shed him to the left to tackle the RB who cuts back to the other side, bring the O-Lineman back to center, shed him to the right and tackle the running back. How the hell does anyone do that in the space of a split second?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2d7roosv said:
Regardless of round, who's the 1 guy from this draft thats your favorite, regardless of need or fit?

For me, its Kiko Alonso. I think he'd look great in Leroy Hill's spot. Or in Wagner's spot if the coaches wanted to move Wags outside. Read a tweet from somebody at the combine today that compared Kiko to Bobby Boucher. Think its actually a pretty good comparison. Not the brightest bulb in the bunch but a natural football player. Plays mean and like a bully and fly's all over the field. I think he'll probably go in the 2nd or 3rd round but i'd actually be fine if the Seahawks took him in the first, i think he's going to be that good. I'd bet that he'll be in the pro bowl by the time his rookie contract is up.

I'm already prepared to make him my 2013 adopt-a-rookie.

A Ducks player? That's truly shocking. :mrgreen:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'll pick Lattimore. He has had some terrible luck but he is so talented and seems like a good kid. I'm really pulling for him

sc85sis

Reaction score
For obvious (biased) reasons, Robert Woods. I also am hoping things work out for Marcus Lattimore. Likewise for Jarvis Jones, who will always be a Trojan in spite of having transferred because of his spinal stenosis.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Great question...

Last year my favorite player was probably Dont'a Hightower. It's not that I thought he was all world or would be amazing, but I just love Alabama football and I thought he epitomized it. I don't think he fit the Seahawks, but he is a big mofo and had some hits in college that got me out of my seat.

This year, my favorite player is probably Tavon Austin. I think he is an explosive cartoon and is just flat out fun to watch. I doubt he'd be a Seahawk, but I just love watching him play. Perhaps my favorite thing about him, he's extremely humble and an insanely hard worker (14 reps on bench at 174). I love listening to his interviews. He's basically Percy Harvin, minus some size, but add a great teammate & worker. Would love him as a Seahawk.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1vi5n3vu said:
Regardless of draft slot, the player I want the most is Armonty Bryant, with the second most being Courtney Gardner. They are the "Irvin-Wilson" duo for me this year. Bryant will be this draft's best defensive player if he pans out, which obviously isn't a sure thing, but he's got "mega-steal" potential that you almost never see. Gardner is a similar story. Both have aspects that worry me and both are very high risk, but so were Irvin and Wilson, albeit for different reasons.

"Favorite" player? Ryan Swope. Was always a big fan, but close inspection shows he's actually a lot more special of an athlete and playmaker than people think. I think he's actually surpassed DeAndre Hopkins for me. They are strikingly similar in size, polish and clutchness, but I suspect Swope is faster and his price tag will be lower. Has very similar QB experience playing with Tannehill/Manziel that he'd have with Wilson. He knows how to improvise and be a QB's pet. It's going to suck serious ass if he ends up a Ram. He just seems like the kind of player they would go for.
I too would like to see Swope in a Seahaws Uni., on top of the other atributes you mentioned, he's smart, a great route runner, makes quick hard cuts, and he's fast as hell in the boot.
I just hope that if he isn't drafted a Seahawk, that he doesn't wind up in any other NFC WEST team :141847_bnono:

lukerguy

Reaction score
I like Nickell Robey. Leader, competitor, tough, great tackler... Future nickel corner for the Seahawks? I hope so.

pound for pound, there's no one tougher in the draft than Nickell Robey.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I want to change my pick to Tavon Austin...I don't think I've ever seen more elusive, speedy receiver out there. His stop-n-go speed is ridiculous and his ability to break ankles is extraordinary. I know he'd be a luxury pick, but I think we can afford it.

lukerguy

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1uwytppj said:
I want to change my pick to Tavon Austin...I don't think I've ever seen more elusive, speedy receiver out there. His stop-n-go speed is ridiculous and his ability to break ankles is extraordinary. I know he'd be a luxury pick, but I think we can afford it.

He's right up there for me too. I like Keenan Allen as well.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Lady Talon":ue3ysnj0 said:
I like Devin Taylor. Then again my ex used to downplay my football opinions because he thought I watched it only for the tight football pants...

Luckily he was a Jets fan so his opinion didn't matter.
I think Taylor could end up being even the first round pick of the Seahawks. He's quite a package of Height, athleticism, length, productivity, etc. He's projected more in the 3rd round... but, JS/PC don't care. I could believe he is high on many a team's board even already. (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!) I personally would want to see Tavon Austin be the Seahawks pick at 25, but I wouldn't be disappointed with a player like Devin Taylor.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2p8chlqk said:
+1, but I wouldn't go as far to label him as a luxury pick. It's simply a matter of not passing on a potential future Hall-of-fame player by drafting the most elite offensive skilled position player available in this draft - who could very well slide to 25 because of his size. The guy is a tough football player. I already look so forward to game days to watch this Russell Wilson led team. Now this team could be in a draft position at #25 overall to add a weapon who has the ability to take it to the house on any given play? Yes, please.

thehands816

Reaction score
For me, the player I think I'll be happiest to see as a Seahawk is Swope. Even better if they are able to snag him in the third, although he may not be there by then.

Aside from him, I think what would make me the happiest is if they trade back from the 1st and pick up a couple extra picks in the 2nd-4th. With their ability to draft, and the amount of quality depth available this year, we could stockpile our team with starters and depth for a long run of success.

With the way this draft is panning out value-wise, the 25th pick is likely to contribute the same as many 2nd rounders. Imagine trading back and having 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders instead of just the 25th, 1 2nd, and 1 3rd. JS would be a kid in a candy store.

SE174

Reaction score
WR Brandon Kaufman - because he went to my school, is 6'5, and is a beast at walling off DB's and snagging the ball out of the air no matter what.
DE/DT Margus Hunt - because he's a manimal.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
ivotuk":3civnoxt said:
Ezekial Ansah. Better than JPP. I saw him do things in his limited time at Utah that I've never seen anyone do. Block and O-Lineman, shed him to the left to tackle the RB who cuts back to the other side, bring the O-Lineman back to center, shed him to the right and tackle the running back. How the hell does anyone do that in the space of a split second?

He went to BYU but your point is noted.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
In terms of an athlete and a guy you would root for battling adversity, it's hard not to pick Jamie Collins. Lost both of his parents by age 6, raised by his sister, played on an easy to be overlooked winless team and could end up being a late 1st round pick after rocking the combine.

http://www.southernmiss.com/sports/m-fo ... 12aaj.html

cover-2

Reaction score
I can't just choose one, so here a few of my favorite players
LB Sio Moore UConn
WR Chris Harper Kansas St
DE Quanterus Smith Western Kentucky

DJrmb

Reaction score
Cordarrelle Patterson

This guy is a phenom and will be a super star in the NFL. Just a playmaker all over the field.

Keenan Allen also looks really good to me. I typically hate 1st round WR's but I have to admit I'd be pretty happy if we got lucky and nabbed one of those two guys, even though there are much more pressing needs than WR on this team...