kearly's dream draft 4.0

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Does anybody have a source for a video of the WR drills from the Combine?

I searched on youtube but could not find it.

Specifically, I'm looking for the short video where Swope blew me away with his 90 degree cut to the sideline.

I found it amazing how low his hips got in that cut and how his speed hardly changed at all coming out of that cut.

This kid knows how to get open, he's sure-handed, he knows how to take a hit and hold onto the ball at the point of the catch, he's fast, he's quick, the kid obviously loves the game, he's an inspirational cheerleader and I'm guessing a great influence in the locker room.

What's not to like.

Starrman44

Reaction score
This would just be a dream for sure. I love Jarvis Jones. I hope we get him. I hope we get at least 5 years out of him. I also like Swope. He stood out to me in the couple of TAM games I watched. It was funny, because I thought Manziel is getting all the attention, but it just seems like Swope is the guy that's always at the other end in crucial situations. I like Swope even if he had ran a 4.5 or 4.55. He just knows his way around a football field.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
thehands816":1fafpvph said:
Watch Swope come in at the end with a HUGE block. The more I see of this guy, the more I want him.

[youtube]z98pUqlr6Ew[/youtube]

Yup. It's plays like that which were the reason for my Largent comp. (JSeahawks called it first). Every now and then Swope has got a Harden hit in him.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Tate vs. Lee right there. Would be very happy if we drafted Swopes.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Kearly, I watched a few of Swope's highlights, and got to say his speed really does show up on film. I also saw he was mostly used in the slot and was thrown a tons of screen passes. I saw a lot of Golden Tate in him but he is a bit faster.

I'd really like you to look in Aaron Dobson, he screams PC & JS, He has near 1st round size and athletisism, his best football is defenatly ahead of him, he is not getting any hype yet is as talentent or more than guys like Hunter, Wheaton, Patton, or Rodgers. At 6'3 210lbs and i'd project a 4.5 40time as he rana 4.48 in High School but is about 25lbs heavier now. His numbers don't stand out but he had a pretty good jr year 49 rec 668yds and 12 TD's. His catches and yards increased every year and his TD did as well expect his Sr year only 3 TD but he was injured some last year.

His catch at the 4:38 mark is one of the best i've ever seen. He catches just about everything with his hands and I see Dobson make moves similar to Cordell Patterson. So my question is where do you think he will be drafted, and would you agree that he is Seahawks type target. I think he should go in the 3rd but I can image so bigger name still being on the board but us choosing to draft Dobson. I feel like comparing him to Hakeen Nicks but not ready to make that bold of a statement.

[youtube]99lzd57Ib_w[/youtube]

Throwdown

Reaction score
The catch you mentioned, reminded me of the catch BMW had against the Cardinals 3 seasons ago, kinda.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
This might be my all time favorite. I was instantly a fan of Nicks after I saw this one.

[youtube]rTM09jW3l08[/youtube]

Hawks46

Reaction score
This would be a sick draft. Dream indeed. I can't put in the time to do proper study, but I've been reading some things. Couple of questions:

Are there seriously evaluators out there that ignore an eletronically timed 40, then look at Swope's film and actually think he's an average athlete ? I only saw the youtube highights but seriously, he got behind a LOT of DB's, which isn't always super impressive in college. Then looking again, he's behind safeties and double teams. He NEVER got caught from behind when he was in full stride, even when guys had an angle on him he outran them. After such a public and hyped 40 time, does this guy really slip to the 3rd round ? And if so, our pick in the 3rd ? That would be amazing. I would be so afraid of missing on this guy, I'd grab him in the 2nd.

Kelce....I've read enough about him to see his draft stock rising. One of the things I read said he was getting more attention and his stock was rising. Still seems like a damn good pick; would be a killer in a 2 TE set with Miller....run would be brutal, and going into routes would kill most LBers with both those guys out.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1bmunl0c said:
Kearly, I watched a few of Swope's highlights, and got to say his speed really does show up on film. I also saw he was mostly used in the slot and was thrown a tons of screen passes. I saw a lot of Golden Tate in him but he is a bit faster.

I'd really like you to look in Aaron Dobson, he screams PC & JS, He has near 1st round size and athletisism, his best football is defenatly ahead of him, he is not getting any hype yet is as talentent or more than guys like Hunter, Wheaton, Patton, or Rodgers. At 6'3 210lbs and i'd project a 4.5 40time as he rana 4.48 in High School but is about 25lbs heavier now. His numbers don't stand out but he had a pretty good jr year 49 rec 668yds and 12 TD's. His catches and yards increased every year and his TD did as well expect his Sr year only 3 TD but he was injured some last year.

His catch at the 4:38 mark is one of the best i've ever seen. He catches just about everything with his hands and I see Dobson make moves similar to Cordell Patterson. So my question is where do you think he will be drafted, and would you agree that he is Seahawks type target. I think he should go in the 3rd but I can image so bigger name still being on the board but us choosing to draft Dobson. I feel like comparing him to Hakeen Nicks but not ready to make that bold of a statement.

[youtube]99lzd57Ib_w[/youtube]

You're absolutely 100% right about that catch at the 4:20 Mark or so. I've watched a lot of football over the past 30 years and I can honestly say I've never ever seen a play like that made. And I was impressed enough with his 1 handed grab at the 3:08 mark. I had to re-watch that over twice just to see how he caught that. Immaculate reception? Pfft!

Edit to add: That catch was so good I just had to re-watch that over again. I don't know enough about him to make much of an evaluation on him ... but the highlights there are certainly impressive.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Tons of natural talent, has the size we need, and his best football is likely ahead of him. He is a sleeper WR nobody talks about and to me that makes it that much more likely he is a guy on our radar.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Throwdown":39wafqfi said:
The catch you mentioned, reminded me of the catch BMW had against the Cardinals 3 seasons ago, kinda.

I was at that game. It was awesome. BWM had like 11 catches for over 100 or something like that.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2xlr6tbs said:

Will do. Can't promise how whether I'll like him or not, but we'll see.

Latest posts