I'm Super Bowl Bound!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
With the rush for rooms in NY going crazy.
The wife and I decided to jump on a cheap, well respected hotel with really good ratings from guests.

Most rooms are well over $300 a night.
We reserved for under $150 per night! YAAAAAAAAAA!
Upper West Side. 4.5 miles from the Broadway NFL epicenter.

We'll be in town for the BOWL!!!!!!!
C'mon Seahawks! Join us there!

Subzero717

Reaction score
I refuse to support a cold weather Super Bowl. Unless the Hawks make it then I'll be on my brother in laws couch for the weekend.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":p72f5tpz said:
I refuse to support a cold weather Super Bowl. Unless the Hawks make it then I'll be on my brother in laws couch for the weekend.

I'll definatly try to go if the Seahawks make it, but otherwise i completely agree with your stance. Hated it in Detroit. Hate it in New York. Would hate it in Seattle. Go somewhere warm!

OP
OP
TheHawkster

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I hope the weather is shit.
I might actually get into the game cheap.
Going the scalper route right before the game.

Plus, I've never been to New York.

blue 22

Reaction score
cold weather superbowl.... You just know the hawks are going to be there.

grizbob

Reaction score
Just went bankrupt thinking what the price of a ticket to NY would be :oops: congrats :th2thumbs:

JonRud

Reaction score
Good job Hawkster. Assuming the Hawks are in we will have a pep rally at CARLOW EAST [the NY Seahawks bar] the night before the game. I will come in from NJ...then we can all head to the game together on Sunday [we're not sleeping that night anyway].

Can you imagine the scene.....a sea of Twelves walking down 8th Ave. through the snowflakes to the Port Authority to catch a bus to MetLife on Super Bowl Sunday. I already have tears in my eyes just thinking about the beauty of it.

OP
OP
TheHawkster

TheHawkster

Reaction score
JonRud":rjwdfwye said:
Good job Hawkster. Assuming the Hawks are in we will have a pep rally at CARLOW EAST [the NY Seahawks bar] the night before the game. I will come in from NJ...then we can all head to the game together on Sunday [we're not sleeping that night anyway].

Can you imagine the scene.....a sea of Twelves walking down 8th Ave. through the snowflakes to the Port Authority to catch a bus to MetLife on Super Bowl Sunday. I already have tears in my eyes just thinking about the beauty of it.

My hotel is on 95th and broadway. Thats right down the street!
Damn right I'll be there!

Riley12

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2hkawz6r said:
You do know the game is in New Jersey...

That's exactly what I was thinking. You can find a decent hotel anywhere, anytime in northern
and central New Jersey. Why would anyone stay in Manhattan of all places?

OP
OP
TheHawkster

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Riley12":1etgb6sa said:
LymonHawk":1etgb6sa said:
You do know the game is in New Jersey...

That's exactly what I was thinking. You can find a decent hotel anywhere, anytime in northern
and central New Jersey. Why would anyone stay in Manhattan of all places?

The NFL is taking over Broadway between 44th and 33rd
for the NFL EXPERIENCE.

The main party leading up to the game will be in Manhattan.

Riley12

Reaction score
But you can take the train into there as easy as you can take the train FROM there out to the game. It's not like us here in the
sad little, one train town of Seattle. They run constantly and to all parts. Cheap Jersey hotel = more money for Seahawks SB Championship stuff. The best option is really to fly into Newark, take a bus up, see the game and get the heck out of there, just like my trip to Detroit.

But if you want to spend time there, you've got so many towns with so many hotels in that vicinity, I think it is foolish to not consider the options.

Now, if you are talking about actually seeing the sights of NYC in February all I can say is, good luck not freezing your nuts
and/or face off. The NFL could not have picked a crappier place to hold a game that time of year, except maybe Lambeau Field or Foxboro. At least Ford Field had a roof. That said, if the Seahawks go, so will I, but it definitely won't be a vacation.
Those are best taken in April or, even better, October. Beautiful weather and place to be at that time of year.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
With the amout of NFL fans from DC up through Philly, New York and New England .... I don't think there will be any trouble selling tickets no matter the weather -- especially if a northeastern team is in the game. Really, any fan from Ohio or east is going to be a pretty easy trip unless there's a blizzard.

JonRud

Reaction score
The Hawkster is doing it exactly right. Please tell me nobody in this thread is comparing the cities of Detroit & NY???

NY is arguably the best city in the country, and Detroit is almost certainly the worst. If you are coming all the way here for the Super Bowl and you can afford it, you definitely want to stay in Manhattan. Yes it might be cold - but so what? You have world class restaurants, theatre, sports, museums, clubs, etc... On gameday you just catch a bus 20 minutes to the stadium then back after.

It will definitely be cheaper to stay in NJ, but if you are coming for 3-4 days and want to take advantage of Manhattan then just stay there if you can.

I agree the playing the Super Bowl outdoors in bad weather is stupid - but you should still take advantage of spending time in NYC if you're making the trip.

I definitely understand getting in and out of Detroit as fast as possible...but not NY.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
JonRud":2dp84bb9 said:
The Hawkster is doing it exactly right. Please tell me nobody in this thread is comparing the cities of Detroit & NY???

NY is arguably the best city in the country, and Detroit is almost certainly the worst. If you are coming all the way here for the Super Bowl and you can afford it, you definitely want to stay in Manhattan. Yes it might be cold - but so what? You have world class restaurants, theatre, sports, museums, clubs, etc... On gameday you just catch a bus 20 minutes to the stadium then back after.

It will definitely be cheaper to stay in NJ, but if you are coming for 3-4 days and want to take advantage of Manhattan then just stay there if you can.

I agree the playing the Super Bowl outdoors in bad weather is stupid - but you should still take advantage of spending time in NYC if you're making the trip.

I definitely understand getting in and out of Detroit as fast as possible...but not NY.

I agree with both sentiments of this post. I live in North Bergen which is about 15-20 mins away from 42nd street by bus. If you dont want to rent a car to get around (driving out here is cutthroat), you can get a hotel in either Hoboken, Jersey City, and possibly parts of Guttenberg,West New York, Union City.

Hoboken being the nicest choice, but probably the most expensive. It's a really nice little city with great shops, plenty of bars, restaurants, etc. It also has 24 hour trains (PATH) into NYC. As does Jersey City, but it's a dreary city. High crime, etc.

The game will be played in Secaucus, NJ, where you also get a hotel, but pretty much off limits for shopping, dining, etc, unless you have a car. Secaucus is about 25 mins away by bus to NYC. All these places in NJ will have 24 hr buses into the city, so it's your choice.

If I had the dough? Sure I would stay in NYC, but it will be the most expensive out of all choices. However, it is much easier to move around if you want to experience NYC. If you don't mind the extra 20-40 mins to get in and out of NYC, these other cities in NJ are fine, and will be cheaper.