John Simon DE Ohio State

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
11524505 large
#54 John Simon - Defensive Line/End - The Ohio State University

he capped his career by being named the Big Ten Conference's 2012 Nagurski-Woodson Defensive Player of the Year Award...he was also named the Big Ten's 2012 Smith-Brown Defensive Lineman of the Year after leading the Big Ten in quarterback sacks (9.0 for minus-73 yards) and ranking second with 14.5 tackles-for-loss, totaling minus-87 yards ... his sacks and TFLs each ranked among the Top 25 nationally ... those numbers also boosted Simon to No. 7 all-time at Ohio State in both categories, with 20.5 sacks and 43.0 TFLs ...

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/john_simon_753596.html

Currently ranked #12 by http://walterfootball.com/draft2013DE.php and flying under the radar on many other draft sites.

Here he is vs Nebraska in 2012.
[youtube]UPAWU1Oc1iw[/youtube]

And here he is vs Seattle's favorite son back in 2011
[youtube]DbWfBBqr_F8[/youtube]

He has all the cliche traits you would look for in a player (i.e "high motor, plays with heart, relentless, aggressive"). May be a bit undersized (heard that before). The latest mock by http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round4.asp had him going in round 4. I would love to see us take a chance on this guy. Thoughts?

zayden185

Reaction score
Better be in only vs immobile qb's

EXPOSED by outside speed at señor bowl.. Not quick hips at all

CPHawk

Reaction score
How about a highlight vid of him vs Bigelow and Cal.

Chawker

Reaction score
He had trouble setting the edge, seem like he'd be easy to run around him. With that being said, he does show some ability to rush the QB. 4th round hmm... maybe.

kearly

Reaction score
He is going to be an NFL pro-bowler. I am just trying to work out if it could be for us or not. Not every great player would star in any system.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I think he is better suited for the position of DE. Just my opinion.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does he remind anyone of a shorter Paul Kruger? Seems like the same type of player. Magical leader, questionable measurables, but just has a reckless abandon approach and always gets to the ball carrier.

kendog2639

Reaction score
id take him over a non pass rushing threat red bryant anyday... still think red is so overrated on these threads

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McGruff":2vj9xg0q said:
I'd beef him up and put him as a pass rushing 3 tech.
I have been saying all along that his role is pass rush DT.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
Actually mocked him to us in the second round earlier on in the year :) Like his stuff but think his 40 time may put PCJS off him in my originally envisioned role as a LEO but I never even thought about him as a 3 tech project...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=65114

Latest posts