NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3fou1sbc said:
KING 5 News ‏@KING5Seattle
Judge rejects union lawsuit aimed at undoing deal for new Seattle basketball arena - follow @ChrisDaniels5 for updates.

Very nice!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3gnkflaf said:
I hate the longshoremen.

I have had to deal with them for years. Overpaid imbeciles.

Gotta agree with you there. Don't think there's another job that pays grade school level goons 6 figures salaries for sitting on their asses and clocking out 5 hours early. Family wage jobs, my ass.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
SeaTown81":29k1zg26 said:
Tech Worlds":29k1zg26 said:
I hate the longshoremen.

Gotta agree with you there. Don't think there's another job that pays grade school level goons 6 figures salaries for sitting on their asses and clocking out 5 hours early. Family wage jobs, my ass.

Where can I apply?

tubbs51

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2cde0kx4 said:
SeaTown81":2cde0kx4 said:
Tech Worlds":2cde0kx4 said:
I hate the longshoremen.

Where can I apply?

I'm pretty sure your IQ is too high for that job.

Your welcome. :D

Just want the move to happen if its going to happen. Sick of this "not quite news" news.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would say that I bet there are some Longshoreman members here that would consider that a personal attack. Elitist mentality strikes again from people that evidently don't know the history of longshoreman. It's mechanized now a lot more but at one time nothing moved in this country without them and it was one of the most dangerous jobs you could have.

I suppose Loggers and Miners, Fisherman, also fall into your imbecile category also.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":328krxqy said:
I hate the longshoremen.

I was a longshoreman once, kinda sorta, worked the fish dock in Homer, AK. But, I was just an underpaid imbecile :mrgreen:

drdiags

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree
RT @FOX40: Source: Minority owner John Kehriotis wants to buy the #Kings without any city money invovled.

RT @FOX40: Source tells @JimCrandell that Kehriotis has $350 million, with a verbal commitment of $400 million. #Kings

And I want an Aston Martin Vanquish, doesn't mean I can afford one. We'll see how realistic this minority owner's backing is. I'm skeptical.

Here is the story with more info from fox40.com

FOX40 News was told Monday night by a source, wishing to remain anonymous, about a new group led by current Kings minority owner John Kehriotis. Kehriotis currently holds 12.2% of the Kings franchise.

According to the source, the group thinks it needs $750 million to buy the team and build the arena. The source, who is involved in the purchase effort, says the investment group currently has $350 million and a verbal commitment for $400. That would meet the goal.

This plan, the source says, is not site specific. The group could consider the railyards, Downtown Plaza and the current arena site in Natomas.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
drdiags":7jtji2wa said:
RT @FOX40: Source: Minority owner John Kehriotis wants to buy the #Kings without any city money invovled.

RT @FOX40: Source tells @JimCrandell that Kehriotis has $350 million, with a verbal commitment of $400 million. #Kings

And I want an Aston Martin Vanquish, doesn't mean I can afford one. We'll see how realistic this minority owner's backing is. I'm skeptical.

Here is the story with more info from fox40.com

FOX40 News was told Monday night by a source, wishing to remain anonymous, about a new group led by current Kings minority owner John Kehriotis. Kehriotis currently holds 12.2% of the Kings franchise.

According to the source, the group thinks it needs $750 million to buy the team and build the arena. The source, who is involved in the purchase effort, says the investment group currently has $350 million and a verbal commitment for $400. That would meet the goal.

This plan, the source says, is not site specific. The group could consider the railyards, Downtown Plaza and the current arena site in Natomas.

............ :34853_doh:

Msfann

Reaction score
I still think this will come down to there being a deal in place and some money put down before all these new groups came into the mix or any arena deal in Sacramento.

pinksheets

Reaction score
A too good to be true deal comes out of left field right before KJ's set to announce his plan and that's BAD for Seattle?

We're going to be fine.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Seems like pretty bad news but I guess we'll wait and see if this deal is legit. Hard to imagine the team moving if they have that kind of offer on the table.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I dont think it means anything, dudes only worth $360 million? compared to the money the Seattle group brings to the table? The NBA is going to look at that and think the best long term viability of the franchise is to go with the money team in Seattle, Sacramento's best shot is Burkle, not this guy.

JOz56

Reaction score
pinksheets":32qtea94 said:
A too good to be true deal comes out of left field right before KJ's set to announce his plan and that's BAD for Seattle?

We're going to be fine.

This. I think this only screws Sacramento more.

Status
Not open for further replies.