Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 am
  • Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:00 am
  • Very cool.

And something appears to be sucking just north of the US border. :lol:

This is why storms are so bad in TX/OK. Fronts from the NW meet the humidity from the gulf, and hell breaks loose.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 am
  • That is pretty damn cool. I just hope that it keeps the storms here, we need the precipitation.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:06 am
  • I already had all the visual proof I needed that Oklahoma sucks years ago. Just look at it.

"VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:09 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I already had all the visual proof I needed that Oklahoma sucks years ago. Just look at it.

Where was that taken?
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:21 am
  • No clue, it just came up on a Google Image search for Oklahoma. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:24 am

I like this one better Roland :lol:
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 am
  • naw, Oklahoma does suck. Cost of living's low though, so it's aiight.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:36 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:naw, Oklahoma does suck. Cost of living's low though, so it's aiight.

Come on Peaches, you don't like Thundersleet or Quakeanadoes? I love the new names for the weather here :lol:
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:38 am
  • That's definitely better, Okie; but frankly, any competition against Washington state within the continental United States as far as scenic photos goes is going to lose. Handily.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:That's definitely better, Okie; but frankly, any competition against Washington state within the continental United States as far as scenic photos goes is going to lose. Handily.

I know man, I'm originally from Oregon, just had to show that there are some "scenic" areas here :thirishdrinkers:
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 am
  • So visually looking at that map...if Oklahoma is the butthole, does that make Dallas a hemorrhoid?
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:47 am
  • Just in case anybody wants to try, I'll throw a few WA-state pics up on here.

RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:18 am
  • JesterHawk wrote:So visually looking at that map...if Oklahoma is the butthole, does that make Dallas a hemorrhoid?

I know many things confuse you, but with the thread title "....Oklahoma sucks..", Dallas would likely be a mole, as suck usually applies to the function of the mouth.

Now, if you suck with your butthole, then continue on your way.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 am
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    JesterHawk wrote:So visually looking at that map...if Oklahoma is the butthole, does that make Dallas a hemorrhoid?

I know many things confuse you, but with the thread title "....Oklahoma sucks..", Dallas would likely be a mole, as suck usually applies to the function of the mouth.

I know you may confuse "visually" with "literally" but I was in no way referencing the wind flows other than how they look to be swirling towards a central location, which I dubbed "the butthole" of the image, simply as a way to call Dallas a hemorrhoid.

Just to avoid further confusion, and to make my point inexplicably clear, I am saying that Dallas is a shithole. As evidence, I submit Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. Now, if you prefer to go with the sucking imagery, maybe the epicenter should lie in Dallas, unless Jerry's glory holing days took place in Oklahoma (which is entirely possible).
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:38 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Just in case anybody wants to try, I'll throw a few WA-state pics up on here.

I'll get back to you with some Colorado stuff... currently bogged down in work. :th2thumbs:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:38 am
  • JesterHawk wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:
    JesterHawk wrote:So visually looking at that map...if Oklahoma is the butthole, does that make Dallas a hemorrhoid?

I know you may confuse "visually" with "literally" but I was in no way referencing the wind flows other than how they look to be swirling towards a central location, which I dubbed "the butthole" of the image, simply as a way to call Dallas a hemorrhoid.

Just to avoid further confusion, and to make my point inexplicably clear, I am saying that Dallas is a shithole. As evidence, I submit Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. Now, if you prefer to go with the sucking imagery, maybe the epicenter should lie in Dallas, unless Jerry's glory holing days took place in Oklahoma (which is entirely possible).

I can't help you if you are constantly on the lookout for things that look like buttholes.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 am
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    JesterHawk wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:I know many things confuse you, but with the thread title "....Oklahoma sucks..", Dallas would likely be a mole, as suck usually applies to the function of the mouth.

I can't help you if you are constantly on the lookout for things that look like buttholes.

Happens everytime I see "Dallas" or a thread that Huggy has participated in. Both of which happened in quick succession before I posted this. My deepest apologies if you live in or near a butthole city. :)
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:05 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Just in case anybody wants to try, I'll throw a few WA-state pics up on here.

I'll get back to you with some Colorado stuff... currently bogged down in work. :th2thumbs:

Pffft, Colorado's got nothing on WA state. The view of the mountains from Seattle is way more magnificent because of a) ocean, b) green plant life abound, and c) it's viewed from sea level. If you're in Denver, sure, the technical height of the nearby mountain ranges is taller than the Cascades for example, but a lot of the nearby stuff is only a few thousand feet above Denver. Even one of the highest points, Longs Peak, is an hour-and-a-half away from Denver at 14,000 feet. Same approximate height and a slightly longer drive to Mount Rainier from Seattle. Washington also has the only rain forest in North America.

I'm not bashing Colorado, I'm just saying Washington's the easy winner, here. How in the world are you going to compare against the additional things WA has over CO? I mean, Colorado has more of the winter trails, ski resorts, etc. obviously; but it's mostly more of the same, know what I mean?
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:01 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:That's definitely better, Okie; but frankly, any competition against Washington state within the continental United States as far as scenic photos goes is going to lose. Handily.

Washington would definatly be in my top group. Along with in no particular order Oregon, Montana, New Hampshire, Florida, Colorado and California.

But imo, without doubt the most beautiful state in the continental united states (not counting Alaska, which easily would win) is Utah. And its not close in my opinion. Washington doesnt have anything that can compare to the Canyonlands, desert area's of Utah. Nor do any of Washington's mountain area's compare to the Provo or Salt Lake area's.

Utah:

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 pm
  • J, Utah's definitely got a lot of beauty; but much of the southwest also has a fair bit of that, too. Rain forest, mountains, (including the spot that gets more annual snowfall than any other place on Earth; Mount Rainier) desert, ocean, hot springs, and a moderate climate in a major urban area; no other place in the country has all of these things.

I'm not saying Washington is the best state in the country. It's not. However, I am saying it's the most scenic. It's got the largest variety of scenery, and that part's not even debatable. Name another state with as many different major scenic areas.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 pm
  • California rivals Washington for scenic beauty for sure.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I already had all the visual proof I needed that Oklahoma sucks years ago. Just look at it.

Looks like eastern washington without mountains in the distance
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:31 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:California rivals Washington for scenic beauty for sure.

When the sun is out Seattle and western Wa. is by far the most scenic place in the U.S. Unfortunately that's only half the time. Smog excludes SoCal from the conversation.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:49 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote: Rain forest, mountains, desert, ocean, hot springs, and a moderate climate in a major urban area; no other place in the country has all of these things.

Oregon's got all those things.

I wasnt certain about Rain Forest, because I have always heard that the Olympic Peninsula is the only rain forest in the U.S. but apparently thats just you Washingtonian's spreading misinformation. Internet research shows that Washington, Oregon, and Northern California all have Temperate rain forest.

Apparently there's also small area's of rain forest in the southern Appalachian mountains in North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:57 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I wasnt certain about Rain Forest, because I have always heard that the Olympic Peninsula is the only rain forest in the U.S. but apparently thats just you Washingtonian's spreading misinformation. Internet research shows that Washington, Oregon, and Northern California all have Temperate rain forest.

Apparently there's also small area's of rain forest in the southern Appalachian mountains in North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee.

That's because WA state is the only place that has real rain forest in the U.S. An urban block-sized piece here or there doesn't count. Ignoring the "forest" part of "rain forest" to get by on a technicality is rubbish. It's like how Seattlites call what happens here during the winter "rain". It's not rain, it's misting the vast majority of the time, occasionally reaching "light rain" status, and once in a great while, warranting being called actual "rain".

You remind me of some of the people I knew in Wisconsin. They thought they had some mountains there, in the state of Wisconsin; because some places were called "Mount so-and-so", and actually managed to get higher than 50 feet above street level in Milwaukee or Madison. That doesn't turn your little wannabe mole hill into a mountain, even if it might meet some obscure technical definition for one. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:57 pm

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I wasnt certain about Rain Forest, because I have always heard that the Olympic Peninsula is the only rain forest in the U.S. but apparently thats just you Washingtonian's spreading misinformation. Internet research shows that Washington, Oregon, and Northern California all have Temperate rain forest.

You remind me of some of the people I knew in Wisconsin. They thought they had some mountains there, in the state of Wisconsin; because some places were called "Mount so-and-so", and actually managed to get higher than 50 feet above street level in Milwaukee or Madison. That doesn't turn your little wannabe mole hill into a mountain, even if it might meet some obscure technical definition for one. :)

Whatevs...
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:10 pm
  • J, meet Cascade Mountain, one of Wisconsin's premier skiing places. I'm 100% serious, here's their website: http://www.cascademountain.com/

Here it is. No, this isn't a trick, or a joke; this little mosquito-bump of a hill is "Cascade Mountain", 30 minutes from Madison. I've driven by it a hundred times in my life, and every single time, I've exhibited a laugh, snort, smirk, or giggle, depending on the circumstances. This is the definition of a "ski resort" for Wisconsinites.

RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:18 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:J, meet Cascade Mountain, one of Wisconsin's premier skiing places. I'm 100% serious, here's their website: http://www.cascademountain.com/

Here it is. No, this isn't a trick, or a joke; this little mosquito-bump of a hill is "Cascade Mountain", 30 minutes from Madison. I've driven by it a hundred times in my life, and every single time, I've exhibited a laugh, snort, smirk, or giggle, depending on the circumstances. This is the definition of a "ski resort" for Wisconsinites.

Last time I was back in Wisconsin, I saw the sign for this while my wife and I were driving to Watertown to my grandparents, and I made the
    mistake of looking up 5 degrees. Needless to say I missed it.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:20 pm
  • Sarlacc, I'm truly and honestly sorry that you have to visit Wisconsin to see family.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm
  • Hell, you should see "Mt." Scott here, it makes me laugh.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Sarlacc, I'm truly and honestly sorry that you have to visit Wisconsin to see family.

Bet it makes you cringe to find out that I have to go back for a week this year to show my kid off to multiple sets of grandparents. Great way to spend my vacation time and a couple thousand dollars. :179419: (except, in this case, that's not a whistle.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm
  • Tell those country bumpkins to retire to the northwest if they want to see their grandkid(s).
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:22 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:http://www.seahawks.net/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1010

That's the best proof we have

Think you're funny, don't you?
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm
    90% Disabled Veteran
    100% Love for the USA!
    KPA
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:http://www.seahawks.net/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1010

That's the best proof we have

Think you're funny, don't you?

I chuckled.

Arizona & Montana >>>> Washington though.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm
  • I'm not sure if its Oklahoma sucks or the fact that Texas blows.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 pm
  • I lived in Bakersfield Ca. which sucks bad and it was mainly because it is the second richest concentration of okies second only to oklahoma. They migrated during the dust bowl, settled and made it suck.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information