"Seahawky" Combine Performers

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Just a consolidated list of guys who performed at a level that fit the Seahawks:

RB Knile Davis: Impressive bench and bananas 40 time. The definition of a value pick. The guy is much more talented than his draft position. That said, his impressive combine performance should minimize the concerns about his recovery from injury.

RB Kerwynn Williams: Great speed, COD, and catches the ball well. I love Leon, but could see him being replaced by this guy. Kerwynn would be great value in R5 or 6.

TE Chris Gragg: Ideal Joker TE. Showed great speed. Injury concerns but does fit the mold of a guy who could be a value pick that performs on day 1. I personally don't love the guy, but he's an intriguing value option.

WR Mark Harrison: Remember seeing him when watching Brandon Coleman. A guy who looks like he could be a joker TE. Moves well with unbelievable size. Quite honestly, could be a Jordan Reed type player who doesn't require premium draft capital. Looks physical enough to at least be a factor in the run game, even if he never becomes a good-great blocker.

WR Tavon Austin: The unofficial 4.25 shocked me. I agreed with English that I thought he'd be a late 4.4 or even low 4.5 guy. Well, he crapped all over that thought. Epitomizes the PC/JS mantra of "look what he CAN do." Explosive player, though may require special packages. That said, comes across as very humble. Could see him living at the VMAC with RW.

LEO Cornelius Washington: IMO, the most impressive performance at the combine by a good margin. Ran a 4.5 at 265 with 34+" arm length. Not to be outdone, he also threw up 36 reps on the bench. Always liked his play despite lack of eye popping stats. That said, he has officially become my "Seahawks Shock Pick."

MLB Jon Bostic: Ran a shocking 4.5 at 240+ lbs. Known more for his ability in the run game. People hate this idea, but he's a real cost effective way to upgrade the LB corps, whilst adding more speed. I always like Wagner more on the outside. I know people hate this idea, but Wagner's run defense was a definitive weakness this year IMO. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and fits the PC/JS mantra of requisite speed at the LB position.

LB Sio Moore: Moore is just a good football player with room to grow. Great length and speed, he could play all 3 LB spots IMO as well as rush the passer in special packages. Perhaps we shouldn't focus so much on just WIL candidates, but rather guys who have wide ranging skill sets. Moore fits this. He is a really smooth athlete and I really like his highlights (not tape).

There are far more guys, but these guys (watched them all), really looked like Seahawks to me. Now, I don't expect these guys to be the prime targets, but I would be shocked if they all are not heavily considered at some point.

OP
OP
M

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
*Cannot believe I forgot to put Zaviar Gooden. He was meant to be one of the first mentions. Obvious speed and length. Don't love him on tape, but an intriguing guy for Norton to coach up.

OP
OP
M

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Very good point. I refrained because I just don't like him as a football player. Additionally, I'm not sure what role he would fill for Seattle...another reason I left him off. Not big enough for the 5. Doesn't look like a LEO.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":99l1exza said:
Very good point. I refrained because I just don't like him as a football player. Additionally, I'm not sure what role he would fill for Seattle...another reason I left him off. Not big enough for the 5. Doesn't look like a LEO.

True. But we all know how much Carroll values "unique" players with unusual skills, athleticism, and/or size. I don't really have an opinion on Hunt (i've only seen one game of his), but he seems to have some very seahawky traits.