So, have you ever been stopped by this cop?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• This made me laugh. I had just gotten home from work and my dog was staring up at me adoringly from under my computer table lol.
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

• Nice.

This needs to be in this thread now:

Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• WARNING!

This is NOT Rockhawk when he was in law enforcement.

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:WARNING!

Was Rockhawk the one who pulled me over for "passing on the right" and going 5 over the speed limit heading home from Everett to Portland on July 4th at 1:30 am? There were all of about 3 cars on the road...I was passing people who were in the left lane from the FAR right lane.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• JesterHawk wrote:
    The Radish wrote:WARNING!

Was Rockhawk the one who pulled me over for "passing on the right" and going 5 over the speed limit heading home from Everett to Portland on July 4th at 1:30 am? There were all of about 3 cars on the road...I was passing people who were in the left lane from the FAR right lane.

Its been years so no. But it does sound like you deserved it. lol

Years ago I delivered bagels to many espresso booths and several local hospitals. One morning at 4:30 am I was driving down Division, a main drag here with a Dodge Colt filled with bags of fresh bagels on the way to Sacred Heart Hospital. A City policeman stopped me and asked if I knew I was going 41mph in a 35? I looked at him and then both ways up and down the street. You could see about 5-6 miles north on Division and no other cars in sight.

I asked him if he was kidding which pissed him off until I laughed and explained that it seemed pretty early in the morning to stop the only car on North Division in sight. After he looked and thought about it he laughed too. It was so funny to me cause the police downtown knew who we were and allowed us to travel on a couple of the cobbled streets and one half block of street the wrong way so we could get to stores. They didn't care since I was only working.

From then on I saw the guy often and he always waved and never bothered me again. Could it be cause I gave him some bagels????......naw.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Maybe you misunderstood. It was 1:30 am, there were about 3 cars on the interstate, all 4 lanes of it. I was in the far right lane cruising at 65. The other cars on the road were spaced about a mile apart all in the far left lane going slightly slower than 65. He pulled me over citing "passing on the right" and "Aggressive driving" as his reasoning. To be fair, he didn't write me a ticket, but still kind of annoyed me.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information