Ryan Swope 40

kendog2639

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3iqvival said:
sutz":3iqvival said:
If Swope were the guy, and he sounds like he'd fit nicely, we would still expect (or at least I would) a bit of a learning curve ala what Tate went through. Perhaps not as long, but he'll probably still take a season or two to really "get" it.
The impression I have is Swope is already a couple of years ahead of Tate in route-running simply because of his god-given talents in his lower body.

Watch the position drills from yesterday and watch the crispness of his cuts and his acceleration coming out of those cuts.

Tate will never achieve what Swope is already capable of in that regard.

And besides having blazing (4.34) straight-line speed, Swope appears to have fast-twitch quickness as well.

Used properly, he's a faster, bigger version of Russ Welker.

If the Hawks or the Packers don't grab him, the Patriots will.

im assuming u mean wes welker?!? never heard of russ welker lol
but def see where u are coming from! i can see patriots picking him up jus for that reason alone! be interesting to see where he goes in the coming months

aawolf

Reaction score
He should go the route of his QB and trademark the name "Opie Football" as that would be a geat nickname for him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pugs1":2u0q7gop said:
Keep that dude away from the Pats. He reminded me of a faster Wes Welker everytime I watched A&M this year.
The Pats hell, just keep him away from the 49rs.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2pfv1mtg said:
pugs1":2pfv1mtg said:
Keep that dude away from the Pats. He reminded me of a faster Wes Welker everytime I watched A&M this year.
The Pats hell, just keep him away from the 49rs.
Which means the Hawks gotta draft him before the Whiners do.

godawg

Reaction score
People are projecting us to pick Swope in the third just like they pegged us to pick Irwin last year in the third. Last year I kept thinking, if Irwin is such a stud, why will he last until the third? This year I'm asking, how can Swope make it past the second round? I'd love to see us get Swope, and I'll be amazed if it's in the third round.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Patriots are going to draft him in the 2nd round. They have zero receivers, and the dude's white. He's perfect for Boston.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
thank God for a deep wr draft, otherwise i would be worried about geting a 'durham' in the draft.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
drrew":2jsxm64i said:
And Swope's career is essentially over.....just placed on the reserve/retired list by the Cardinals.

I know Kearly and others were all HUGE draft Swope guys.....

Glad we didn't draft him. Sorry to hear he is done.....and clearly he should not have even be drafted.

Snohomie

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":m17momj4 said:
drrew":m17momj4 said:
And Swope's career is essentially over.....just placed on the reserve/retired list by the Cardinals.

Glad we didn't draft him. Sorry to hear he is done.....and clearly he should not have even be drafted.

Seriously, man, what is your beef with Kearly? Are you upset that he can manage an original thought or something? Its like you look for opportunities to make stupid comments needling him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Snohomie":281bey5a said:
T-Sizzle":281bey5a said:
drrew":281bey5a said:

Seriously, man, what is your beef with Kearly? Are you upset that he can manage an original thought or something? Its like you look for opportunities to make stupid comments needling him.

Im not sure what you are talking about. I apologize if you feel I have beef with another poster. Just posting what I remember.....others liked Swope a ton as well.....that was just the first name that came to mind. Guess I could have just said "Guys" :34853_doh:

kearly

Reaction score
Snohomie":1pyj8xss said:

Appreciate the sentiment.

Sizzle just loves being a hater and a bubble popper; I'm sure it's nothing personal with me. That said, hating is like painting: proceed without thought or caution and you will stain your clothes. Not all of us can be the velvet hammer that Scottemojo is. (FWIW, I enjoy Sizzle's posts, and his ribbing bothers me a lot less than you might think. I think his courage to speak his mind can be a good thing more often that not. Also, he's gone against the grain to agree with me in the past. Maybe I am being too nice, but to me I sense a difference between Sizzle and Hazbro from FGs. I'm starting to respect Hazbro bit by bit, but he is a prick, no doubt about it. I don't get that sense at all from Sizzle. He seems like a decent guy, he just can't defy his hater nature :) ).

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
kearly":1kqg4p7s said:
Snohomie":1kqg4p7s said:

Sizzle just loves being a hater and a bubble popper; I'm sure it's nothing personal with me. That said, hating is like painting: proceed without thought or caution and you will stain your clothes. Not all of us can be the velvet hammer that Scottemojo is. (FWIW, I enjoy Sizzle's posts, and his ribbing bothers me a lot less than you might think. I think his courage to speak his mind can be a good thing more often that not. Also, he's gone against the grain to agree with me in the past. Maybe I am being too nice, but to me I sense a difference between Sizzle and Hazbro from FGs. I'm starting to respect Hazbro bit by bit, but he is a prick, no doubt about it. I don't get that sense at all from Sizzle. He seems like a decent guy, he just can't defy his hater nature :) ).

:th2thumbs: :2:

nategreat

Reaction score
kearly":iq433yzk said:
Snohomie":iq433yzk said:

Fighting hate with love. Ghandi would be proud! :179417:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't blame Ryan Swope for retiring....I wouldn't want to play for the Cards either. It's where WRs not named Larry Fitzgerald go to obscurity. Just ask Early Doucet.

Latest posts