Who else is watching combines? Your standouts?

daveman918

Reaction score
Been watching the vids up on nfl.com and wondering I'd you guys have any surprise reactions to anyone yet. Good or bad.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
like Tavon Austin so much even though he's not really the kind of receiver we need.

rightbench

Reaction score
robert woods. didn't have great numbers last year because Barkley had a connection with the other receiver (brain fart can't remember his name) but watching him all year and at the combine he has amazing hands and great route running already. He'll also prolly slide a bit due to the lack of numbers.

he's a #1 methinks

Decimation

Reaction score
I really liked Ryan Swope. I've never heard of him until the combine and boy did he look impressive.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Brahn":hwv0fxgi said:
Justin Hunter WR Tenn, Make it so!

Haven't see anything but his youtube highlights but his measurables make him very tempting. He'd be an instant deep threat and red zone target. He needs to add a little weight and could become a Demarius Thomas type threat.

sc85sis

Reaction score
rightbench":1fv1ke31 said:
robert woods. didn't have great numbers last year because Barkley had a connection with the other receiver (brain fart can't remember his name) but watching him all year and at the combine he has amazing hands and great route running already. He'll also prolly slide a bit due to the lack of numbers.

he's a #1 methinks
Marqise Lee is the guy whose name is eluding you. He and Woods also went to the same high school. For some reason Kiffin and/or Barkley forced the ball to Marqise a lot, even when Robert was open at times. Both guys are talented.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Standouts? John Schneider and Pete Carroll! (Love seeing both of them shown observing the players)

As to the players, I'm a Tavon Austin guy. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... eed-matter

But, Robert Woods is another who really looks the part to me. I'm thinking he could be (relatively) a steal in the draft. Sounds like his production was a question mark do to his teammate, Lee. So, maybe that's enough to see him drop to the Seahawks selection in round 2. I say a steal because I could see him playing lights out and one thing that defines a "steal" is when that player is significantly more productive than several players selected ahead of him.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I want Ryan Swope. If we don't take him, I'm afraid that the Whiners or the Packers will and we'll regret that decision for years to come. He fits the mold of a high-production GB receiver.

He has excellent speed (and quickness) in a running back's body (he's a former RB like Tate) and his lower body strength and hip flexibility are outstanding (unlike Tate). Tate's elusive. This kid has burst in his lower body.

As a result, he's able to run crisp routes in man to get separation and knows how to find the soft spots in a zone.

The kid is just one helluva football player and will make an outstanding pro imo.

I believe that he has OROY potential.

I'd be pounding the table for him.

sainthawk29

Reaction score
I have a real bias against USC. and tend to see all there prospects as overratted. Going into the combine, I didn't love Robert Woods, however, watching him at the combine caused me to rewatch his tape. He is a great route runner. He won't blow you away with his measureables. But is extremely solid, quick off the ball, and attacks the ball in the air.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
John and Pete are there? I have been watching sporadically and keep seeing Hardouche, etc but have yet to see our guys.

Woods has impressed and so has Swope. I doubt we get either. lol.

kendog2639

Reaction score
names that are at obvious but are plyrs to watch in the coming months......

jonathan hankins, margus hunt for red bryant replacement, corey lemonier for leo candidate, steadman bailey, marquees wilson, the rb from utah state (forget name)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Strictly based off the combine, Woods was impressive. But Conner Vernon looked pretty dang good during most drills. The guy caught everything thrown his way. He passed the eye watching him yesterday that's for sure.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I have never been a Tavon Austin advocate but he really impressed me. I thought he was more of a DeSean Jackson type and just tiny. The dude is actually very well built and he had a really good workout. He also has the amazing college production. I am really coming around on him.

OP
OP
D

daveman918

Reaction score
sainthawk29":3va37pf9 said:
I have a real bias against USC. and tend to see all there prospects as overratted. Going into the combine, I didn't love Robert Woods, however, watching him at the combine caused me to rewatch his tape. He is a great route runner. He won't blow you away with his measureables. But is extremely solid, quick off the ball, and attacks the ball in the air.

This is where I'm at along with Tavon Austin and Swope, all three of these guys have really shown up but Woods was the surprise for me, can't put my finger on it. May be a potential thing. A solid and athletic route runner with RW's arm could be a magical combination.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Shariff Floyd looked amazing. There is no way he falls to 25. Damnit.

Birdfinger

Reaction score
Brandon Williams DT Southern Missouri State. Holy smokes! Kid has muscles on his muscles and at ~ 6'1", 330 lbs. can MOVE. Like many of us I just know these guys from what I see at the combine so some of ya'll more in the know can shed more light on this guy. But I'm telling ya... this guy sure looks like he can make a little noise in the NFL.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Kwann Short is my cut-off for first round DT, if the higher rated guys are gone I would trade down and hope Hunt or Jones makes it to the #25 second round pick. I'm not sure about Sylvester Williams but I think he'll fall into the top of round 2 somewhere and I think I could be persuaded to make that selection at #25. One guy I was wondering about was Jesse Williams if John and Pete are thinking of depth for Red Bryant, I think someone like Green Bay or Jacksonville make a lot of sense for him, maybe Ravens, Steelers, and the 49ers, but he reminds me a lot of Bryant.

Dion Jordan is shooting up to being the #1 overall defensive prospect not surprisingly with that athleticism and size.

Devin Taylor as a surprise 2nd or early 3rd rounder(depending on trade down) for Seattle? Long arms, steady production in the SEC, great size to play outside and maybe inside on passing downs like Jason Jones did.