Robert Woods

pehawk

Reaction score
Dude looks pretty damn good at the combine. Just looks polished and ready for the pros.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Don't know how Pete feels about Robert in terms of fit for the Seahawks, but he was recruiting Robert to come to USC. He definitely knows him and undoubtedly has seen what Robert has done the last three years.

kearly

Reaction score
I never watch the drill except maybe for O-linemen. The stuff involving QBs and pass catchers is in a foreign environment- too much noise to be meaningful. Besides, why watch them make plays in shorts when you can just put on the tape and see something far more meaningful instead.

That's no indirect rip on Woods. I think he's a really good, polished player. But I also think the reason he left USC had a lot to do with Lee. I think Woods wants #1 treatment. I'm not sure he'd get that anywhere, but he wouldn't get it here.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I can't rip any player for wanting out of Lane Kiffen's circus. Woods reportedly said he was told that his lack of targets was because they knew he was leaving after his junior year and so they targeted Lee more.

I love Woods in any round. At the combine he looked like he was having a day at the office, everything was smooth and easy.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Robert has learned and achieved about as much as he ever would at the college level. Yes, some of that is due to the reduced targets because of Marqise's ascendancy. But it's also a fact that Robert has already set a bunch of USC and PAC-12 records. There's not much more he could do to impress scouts, coaches and GMs.

There's also the injury concern. He played on a bad ankle his entire sophomore year. He had surgery on it prior to this past season, and rumor was it was taking longer to heal than expected and he wasn't 100% for a lot of the season. I suspect he doesn't want to risk further injury that could hurt his pro career.

The third issue is Matt graduating. Wittek was decent in the ND game and pretty horrible in the bowl game. QB is a huge question mark right now, and that has to give Robert pause in terms of how it will affect the wide receivers.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3gr4g06s said:
I can't rip any player for wanting out of Lane Kiffen's circus. Woods reportedly said he was told that his lack of targets was because they knew he was leaving after his junior year and so they targeted Lee more.

I love Woods in any round. At the combine he looked like he was having a day at the office, everything was smooth and easy.
Very well put.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He could be a great second round pick if we go defense in the first. But I doubt he will make it to our second round pick.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":15pdix5m said:
That's no indirect rip on Woods. I think he's a really good, polished player. But I also think the reason he left USC had a lot to do with Lee. I think Woods wants #1 treatment. I'm not sure he'd get that anywhere, but he wouldn't get it here.

I dont know that he wants number 1 treatment, i just think he wants fair treatment. Imo, watching USC play this year it looked like Lane Kiffin was more interested in trying to win Marquise Lee a Heisman then in trying to win games. He overused Lee at the expense of everybody else, and imo made them easier to defend and predict.

Latest posts